Memphis 😂😂😂

If they were better than most teams in this year's Sweet 16, then they would've made the NCAA Tournament.

Not if their season long resume doesn’t meet the minimum requirements. I should have said that the end of season Memphis is better than half of the Sweet 16 teams or that Memphis would beat half of the Sweet 16 teams.

I watched about a half each of two of their games. They are the real deal on defense. Youve gotta hit shot from mid range back to beat them.

WHAT? LOL. Memphis failed to qualify for the NCAA Tournament, so therefore, they are not better than any team in the field. End of story.

You have the basis for a good lawsuit against those fine institutions of learning you attended.. epic fail.

But I do, especially when a team plays good basketball.
No UT fan I know congratulates Memphis in anything and that especially goes for any UT fan in Shelby County. You would have to live here to understand the level of jealousy and contempt they have for UT. I have zero use for that program. They are a nonentity in our world and we should never play them in any sport. Period.

No UT fan I know congratulates Memphis in anything and that especially goes for any UT fan in Shelby County. You would have to live here to understand the level of jealousy and contempt they have for UT. I have zero use for that program. They are a nonentity in our world and we should never play them in any sport. Period.

Lived downtown for 11 years. I understand completely. They hate TN more than they like Memphis

I disagree about playing them. I don't care about football, but playing them in basketball is great. First, it brings a game to many, many of the UT fans in Shelby County. Second, it gives us a game in the sport in which they have traditionally been good. Winning those games can be huge.

Memphis played in a mediocre league and still didn't win enough quality games to be in the real tournament. They won a losers tournament where most teams do not want to be in and now they want to crow that they accomplished something. It's a 3rd rate school with a 3rd rate athletic dept and they will never be any better than that. The fact that anyone would brag about this "accomplishment" only confirms my statement.

You have the basis for a good lawsuit against those fine institutions of learning you attended.. epic fail.
You can't be this dumb. If you do not make the field, you are not as good as anyone in the field. This would be like saying "Well the Marlins finished fourth in their division, but they are better than the teams in the MLB playoffs".

Memphis played in a mediocre league and still didn't win enough quality games to be in the real tournament. They won a losers tournament where most teams do not want to be in and now they want to crow that they accomplished something. It's a 3rd rate school with a 3rd rate athletic dept and they will never be any better than that. The fact that anyone would brag about this "accomplishment" only confirms my statement.
100 freaking percent. NIT doesn't mean jack. They failed to make the tourney, they are not quality.

You can't be this dumb. If you do not make the field, you are not as good as anyone in the field. This would be like saying "Well the Marlins finished fourth in their division, but they are better than the teams in the MLB playoffs".
You do understand that there are a bunch of automatic bids which in some cases lead to inferior teams making the tourney and better teams being left on the wrong side of the bubble right? It isn’t the best 68 teams....it just isn’t.

Reactions: CB4VOLS

Not the greatest argument in the world here.

You do understand that there are a bunch of automatic bids which in some cases lead to inferior teams making the tourney and better teams being left on the wrong side of the bubble right? It isn’t the best 68 teams....it just isn’t.
Okay, well maybe you can understand this: You have a chance to make the tourney. They didn’t. No excuses, you either make it or you don’t.

And when did they play “good” ? Was this before or after they were rejected by the tourney selection committee? I legit ask because who in their right mind watches the NIT especially this year...
Apparently a few “UT Fans” that love Memphis and defend Penny Hardaway do. Damn these fools.

Okay, well maybe you can understand this: You have a chance to make the tourney. They didn’t. No excuses, you either make it or you don’t.

and the backtracking begins...... and it's not about Memphis.. It's about self absorbed idiots that can't allow others to have their own opinions without criticizing them.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back