Memphis ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I guess it's not funny anymore since they disposed of Mississippi State in the NIT finals today.

I guess it's not funny anymore since they disposed of Mississippi State in the NIT finals today.

Cool, they beat the 9th best SEC team in a tournament nobody cares about and most winners don't go on to do much. Case in point, Shaka Smart won the last NIT. That worked out great.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Bwahahahahahaha ok

Lemme guess, now youโ€™re going to tell us youโ€™d rather win the NIT than make it to and lose in the semi-finals of the NCAA.

STOP๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€

Bwahahahahahaha ok

Lemme guess, now youโ€™re going to tell us youโ€™d rather win the NIT than make it to and lose in the semi-finals of the NCAA.

STOP๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€

Well there was at least one person in the Around the NCAA thread that said they'd rather win the NIT than lose the first found of the NCAAT.

I'd rather make the First Four game and lose by 50 than win the NIT Championship. And every player on Memphis would too.

Well there was at least one person in the Around the NCAA thread that said they'd rather win the NIT than lose the first found of the NCAAT.

I'd rather make the First Four game and lose by 50 than win the NIT Championship. And every player on Memphis would too.

Ask @BreatheUT

Congrats to Univ. of Memphis and Coach Penny Hardaway. That team played some outstanding Defense in the NIT and their offense really clicked when they needed it to.

Finally.... someone with a little class. A few of the people on this site really bring the collective IQ way down...

Last edited:
I remember South Carolina winning 2 NITs in a row. It didnโ€™t parlay into anything meaningful. They had back to back losing seasons after that.

Baylor is about the only champion I can think of in recent history that that actually improved.

Penn St. won it in 2009 and since then they've made 1 NCAAT and won the NIT again in 2018, and most of their seasons since 2009 have been losing seasons.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce

Geoff Calkins wrote an article today saying he only feels certain that 3 players are staying. Might have to merge this thread with the Portal thread here soon.

Memphis played much better the last 6 weeks of the year and lost twice to Houston within a week by a total of 5 points. The first loss was a lucky heave as time expired. They had an important transfer that wasn't granted a waiver until after about 6-8 games. Their resume wasn't good enough because they didn't have a Q1 win and lost a couple early that they shouldn't have lost. If they beat Houston in one of those games, they probably replace Wichita State in the play-in game. Just trying to provide context.

They were probably playing better ball near the end than some of the tournament teams, but the whole body of work is what counts.

Reactions: 08Vol and SlyStone
Memphis played much better the last 6 weeks of the year and lost twice to Houston within a week by a total of 5 points. The first loss was a lucky heave as time expired. They had an important transfer that wasn't granted a waiver until after about 6-8 games. Their resume wasn't good enough because they didn't have a Q1 win and lost a couple early that they shouldn't have lost. If they beat Houston in one of those games, they probably replace Wichita State in the play-in game. Just trying to provide context.

They were probably playing better ball near the end than some of the tournament teams, but the whole body of work is what counts.
Regardless, why are there UT fans defending **** ass Memphis?

VN Store

Back