Memphis 😂😂😂

Penny can recruit, motivating and coaching might be a bit more of a challenge for him, Arkansas and Ole Miss have the opportunity to recruit well in Memphis and from time the Memphis kids will roll out to a random place like Duke, Georgia Tech or Colorado, the nature of that conference they play in requires a stellar season or it is NIT only

Reactions: Border Vol
I feel totally nothing about Memphis either way. They just aren’t on my radar. I have several close friends and golfing partners who played for Memphis. They know the Vols are THE state university. I think my apathy toward them bothers them more than anything. I don’t do it to bother them...it’s just that way. Last week one tried to convince me Penny would win in a big way once he got the program established. Tried to compare him to Rick Barnes. That’s when I told him he was insulting my intelligence. When he pulled the stunt of playing a NCAA declared ineligible player openly spoke volumes about his abilities to reason competently. Most Tiger fans I know could not believe he did that. But anyway...GO VOLS!!!

Memphis SMH. They’d cut off their nose to spite their face. They need a good rivalry w Tennessee but can’t help having a complex about it. Sad

Agreed, we lived in the suburbs of Memphis for years, they have an inferiority complex when it comes to UT dating back to the Dana Kirk days and the old Metro Conference. Tiger High tried to follow Louisville and really wanted in the ACC and then the SEC . . . could you imagine Penny having to play an ACC schedule or an SEC schedule where everyone beats the crap out of each other every year! He would be melting down multiple times per week!!! LOL

GBO

Reactions: feathersax
Gotta love the tiger fans getting to watch Pastner coach GT in the NCAAT and the cats fans getting to watch Pitino coach Iona.
I was just happy for Josh Pastner. A good man who got caught up in a bad situation. Wrong place at the wrong time with Memphis. Most would not have turned down that job for their first gig so I don't blame here for that. And Cal told him he'd better take the job because he wasnt coming to Kentucky with him.....Thankfully he was able to get out alive and go to a great school. Hope he does well for his sake.

Penny has to be on the hotseat going into 2021-2022.

No, they will be patient. He inherited a bit of a mess, and they are much closer to the tournament now than they have been in the last 6 years under Pastner and Tubby.

VN Store

Back