Memorial Day Visit Weekend

Setting up to be a big one

QB/Recruiting Coordinator Nico Iamaleava (Vol Commit)
TE Ethan Davis (Vol Commit)
OL Lucas Simmons
OLB Chandavian Bradley
WR Mikey Matthews
DL Vic Burley
CB Cristian Conyers
RB Jeremiah Cobb
LB Jeremiah Telander
S John Slaughter
DB Tony Mitchell

More to come I’m sure…
Add WR Bru McCoy - potential USC transfer

I vote to call it "Volhalla" weekend.
And Ragnarök is coming with us!
R.4f357e6fba8c2c215eebe95e4f4b2042

Here are more names we think could make it in for that Memorial Day weekend:

Aiden Mizell

Ethan Davis

Jack Luttrell

Dakaari Nelson

Tony Mitchell

Nico Iamaleava

Wilkin Formby

Frances Mauigoa

Samson Okunlola

Stanton Ramil

Rico Walker

Kamren Robinson

Jeremiah Tealander

Will Whitson

Cristian Conyers

Branden Strozier

CJ Allen

Hunter Osborne

Elijah Davis

Keldric Faulk

Tomarrion Parker
-VQ

So, some of these names aren't necessarily new to the list, some are - and a lot of those are bigtimers. And of course AP hedged by saying "we think could make it in, so all of them likely won't make it. Want to come back to them in a bit.

But I've never heard of Will Whitson, so quick check and very interestingly he's a 2022 JUCO DL who actually got an offer from the Vols back in November

Will Whitson on Twitter: "After a great conversation on the phone with @coachg76 I am very blessed to receive my first D1 offer from the University of Tennessee #VolNation🔶#DreamU @CoachDonerson @CoachMcCollom @_CoachMartin_ https://t.co/ETD9d61fXK" / Twitter

Wondering if we're circling back with him in lieu of a portal DL?

Will Whitson, Independence C.C., Defensive Line (247sports.com)

My quick thoughts (FWIW...not much) on the guys on this list who we haven't seen before this VQ reporting (again, understanding that these aren't 100% confirmed and it's 2 weeks away, so some of these prospects probably won't end up making it in). To be clear, if you JUST had the mostly confirmed list above (and I've added Mauigoa since it's pretty much a foregone conclusion he'll be here) it would be a sensational weekend, the likes of which get national articles written by Wiltfong about. If you just get HALF of the guys below who (other than Mauigoa) have not previously been discussed for this weekend it becomes an all timer weekend that could change the course of the class. The amount of talent, especially on both LOS, is just incredible.

Aiden Mizell - we've been mentioned with him quite a bit but to my knowledge he's never been to campus. Parents are both Gator alums and track athletes, so in the end he's probably going to be a tough pull. But if he does get here, especially unofficially, we'd have to be considered at least a contender. And between that and the VQ note about trending for Nathan Leacock (who will also be here for the BBQ), perhaps the WR board isn't as settled as we all think. At the very least it's very, very deep

Dakaari Nelson - interesting because he's a Top 200 Composite 4-star player with a top group of UT, Clemson, PSU, Oregon, AU and UK, but with Luttrell and Sly already committed plus Slaughter coming soon, do we take another Safety? Is he versatile enough to play multiple positions (played some CB last season and had 8 picks)?

Wilkin Formby - everyone assumes he's going to end up at Bama, but right now he's only got an AU OV set in addition to the Ole Miss one he took in April. I am pretty sure we're going to get one too, then OU is the other school in his Top 5.

Frances Mauigoa - ok, so we all know about the momentum here thanks to Nico getting the staff's foot in the door and working him hard + Ellerbe et al doing a great job too. HUGE visit to keep that going, lock in an OV and cement ourselves as the team to beat

Samson Okunlola - literally never seen us mentioned with him before, but alright alright alright. Composite 5-star, #25 overall for 247. Like Mauigoa, a true OL stud. Brother signed last year with Pitt. Good news is that he said he's dropping his top schools on June 2 and will take three or four visits in June and then one or two in the season. So if he does come here, we've got a shot to make those lists. UGA, OSU, PSU, Oregon, LSU etc deeply involved.

Stanton Ramil - similar to Formby in that the assumption is that he'll go to Bama if they push (his dad played there). Will they though? Auburn Arkansas and Miss State also involved. And now that Clemson has offered, where do they sit?

Kamren Robinson - Pitt, FSU and other non-Clemson ACC offers, plus us and SoCar from the SEC. Nice to have another LB potentially on the board

Branden Strozier - HUGE if he does make it, because he's currently tentatively scheduled to OV to Clemson on 6/3 and back here 6/17. But everyone says Clemson has the momentum and if we don't get him back before his OV there it's very easy to see him never making it for his UT OV. But if he *does* come, we could easily steal the momentum back and at least lock up that OV to give ourselves a real chance.

Hunter Osborne - already scheduled for an OV here on the 24th (along with Clemson the 3rd and AU the 10th). Confirmed that he's coming for the BBQ too, which is massive.

Elijah Davis - the JUCO DL with arguably the best offer list out there. Has been talking about a summer visit here for a while, so getting him here - hopefully unofficially - would be very big. Bama likely the biggest competitor, which tells you all you need to know.

Keldric Faulk - like Osborne and Parker (below) another bigtime DL from Alabama. He was here for the 1/22 Junior Day and has the other top dogs in the SEC after him, including instate Bama/AU, Florida (OV set for 6/17) etc.

Tomarrion Parker - family in Knoxville, has been here a bunch, but has been thought of as mainly a UGA/Bama battle. Also has UF and OSU up there. Like Faulk, locking down an OV is the goal here.

I vote to call it "Volhalla" weekend.

The hammer of the gods
Will drive the recruits to Knoxville.
To fight the SEC, sing and cry
Volhalla I am coming.

How soft your fields so green (with a checkerboard endzone)
Can whisper tales of gore
Of how we calmed the crimson tide
We are your overlords

VN Store

Back