Melvin Goins

didnt get to watch. did he have a great defensive game or something? he was only 1 for 8 shooting?
Hat said it best in his recap: "4. Aside from an awful night from the field, Melvin Goins played his best game at Tennessee tonight. He had a huge challenge and met it."

Always been saying Melvin Goins is going to blow up this year. He played incredible defense tonight. I was super impressed and really look forward to watching him play this season.

Anyone who says that McBee can't defend has no credibility. He played well against a very good backcourt. He let them drive a couple of times, but really did well in a back up role. Williams was a beast and Hopson really stepped up. Goins is PHEnominal.

Today's MVP, without a doubt.

And how about Hopson? Finally, a game played to his potential.

Goins was just about flawless! Man we have needed a take charge point! MVP to me! GBO!!!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Hey, let's not forget Williams. He played one of his better games. And Pearl, a couple key steals and is the "scrap" needed to make a "team defense" like that they played tonight.
Great team effort, particularly for early season.

I thought McBee did pretty well. Other than Goins, no one on UT's team can defend Nova's guards 1-on-1, so I give McBee credit for hustling his behind off. Not too many of the stupid reach-in fouls either, from McBee or any other.

VN Store

Back