Melancon and Moore commit

JAllen18MVP

Just read this on Govolsxtra, and didn't see it posted here (surprisingly).

Tennessee’s coaches received two recruiting Christmas presents on Monday.

The Vols received commitments for the 2007 class from Darnius Moore, a 6-foot, 175-pound athlete from Tatum (Texas) High School, and Rolando Melancon, a 6-2, 270-pound defensive lineman from Lutcher (La.) High School.

good chance we get Creer too then..Him and Moore were suppose to announce the same time weren't they?

2 reasons to take Moore:

1. Helps with Creer
2. Not great chance with the other DBs on our board(McNeil, Paul, Burnett)

O, and for the stargazers, Rivals has Melancon as a 4 star DT that will likely move up in the rankings and Moore is a 3(5.7) star athlete and is only 2 spots from being 4 star.

That gives us 25 currently. We still have 5-6 spots with tons of players on our board. Here seems to be the main names:

Travaris Cadet QB
Lennon Creer RB
Dwight Jones WR
Ahmad Paige WR
Carlos Dunlap DE
Alex Watkins DE
Rae Sykes DE
Kourtnei Brown DE
Miguel Chavis DL
Ben Martin DE
Sidell Corley DE
Marvin Austin DT
Luther Davis DT
Chris Perry DT
William Brimfield DT
Chris Donald LB
Jourdon Brooks LB
Michael McNeil S
Stefoin Francois S
Nevin McKenzie S
Morgan Burnett ATH
Brandon Paul ATH

At this point, I'd say Cadet, Chavis, and Brooks are fallback types. Sykes is a sign and place. Jones, Dunlap, Austin, and McNeil are pipe dreams. The rest range from likely to unlikely types.

In other words, I think taking 5-6 of Creer, Paige, Watkins, Brown, Martin, Corley, Davis, Brimfield, Donald, Francois, McKenzie, Burnett, and Paul and call it a day, though the fallbacks aren't horrible and who knows with the pipe dreams.

Either way we seem to have addressed a lot of needs. I would like to see a couple more DT's but this class looks more defense heavy which is always a great thing!

That would make this class even more special then it already is. I still think we will end up with someone good that has already committed to another school. Also never underestimate the amount of MO we have right now. If we can somehow blowout PSU then I think one or maybe even two of those pipedreams will become reality.:thumbsup:

We're in on quite a few players that are committed elsewhere:

Dwight Jones WR-UNC
Ahmad Paige WR-FSU
Alex Watkins DE-Bama
Kourtnei Brown DE-Bama
Sidell Corley DE-UF
Chris Perry DT-Miami
William Brimfield DT-UNC

Best pipe dream by far is Marvin Austin.

Best realistic 5, imo, is Donald, Creer, Martin, Paige, and the last spot is hard to fill. Davis/Brimfield are good as are the safeties and athletes on the board.

I dont know much about Moore but from Volquest (rivals) they say he has "all but committed". He hasnt committed yet but is heavily favoring Tennessee. He referred to his visits to Tennessee as "Vacations".

No idea. I think he is a Vol, but wanted to announce along with Creer to UT. I hope that hasn't changed their minds. Damn Hooker.

VN Store

Back