Meet UT football legends

Masks didn't stop the flu there's just a lot more money in covid. Most people wear those stupid cotton designer masks thinking they actually help where studies show they are actually worse. N95 masks work when fitted but hell hardly even anyone even wears those correctly either
Okay, here comes some of the science: any covering that captures water droplets is helping prevent disease.

See, covid-19 and the flu, common cold, etc., all the viruses that make up these airborne illnesses, they can float around in the air on their own. But they rarely do. They're usually hitching a ride on a big ole (to them) glob of water. That water droplet may be far too small to see with the naked eye, but still be big as a super tanker to the virus. And that's what's sticking to the mask: the water droplets. With all the virus bits along for the ride.

So try this home experiment: put a mask over your face. Any mask. It can be cotton gauze, or a handkerchief, or an N95, or anything in between. Breathe in and out normally for a few minutes. Then feel the side of that cloth that was closer to your mouth. Damp, huh? That's the water droplets (and the virus) being trapped.

That's disease transmission being blocked.

Science!

Last edited:
Not arguing about masks but the flu transmission has slowed because majority of kids aren't in school
That's true, as well. I think I did mention social distancing. And schools are one of the huge meeting grounds for the transmission of the flu.

But a lot of schools are still meeting. For instance, the school my wife teaches at: she's been in class, with students (not all, some zoom in if in quarantine or for a variety of other reasons, but most) all year long. Same for the teachers up and down the hall and in the other buildings on campus. K through 12, all in school together. As far as she knows, not a single case of the flu this year. Which is totally amazing. Masks. Masks and social distancing.

Last edited:
That's true, as well. I think I did mention social distancing. And schools are one of the huge meeting grounds for the transmission of the flu.

But a lot of schools are still meeting. For instance, the school my wife teaches at: she's been in class, with students (not all, some zoom in if in quarantine or for a variety of other reasons, but most) all year long. Same for the teachers up and down the hall and in the other buildings on campus. K through 12, all in school together. As far as she knows, not a single case of the flu this year. Which is totally amazing. Masks. Masks and social distancing.
Scools are virtual in bigger cities/counties here in the south and especially up the east coast. If job can be done remotely at my company and again companies all over especially up the east coast. Less kids in schools less parents working equals less flu. And just saying I was in hospital last September and it was crickets whole time I was in it. My father was in hospital in October again crickets. I believe alot of it is over played

At 130 years old I wouldn't drink much either.

If I make it to 130, that may be all I do.

BTW, at first glance, I thought it said bourbon fight. I was thinking, "I don't know what a bourbon fight is, but I'll try anything once."

Okay, here comes some of the science: any covering that captures water droplets is helping prevent disease.

See, covid-19 and the flu, common cold, etc., all the viruses that make up these airborne illnesses, they can float around in the air on their own. But they rarely do. They're usually hitching a ride on a big ole (to them) glob of water. That water droplet may be far too small to see with the naked eye, but still be big as a super tanker to the virus. And that's what's sticking to the mask: the water droplets. With all the virus bits along for the ride.

So try this home experiment: put a mask over your face. Any mask. It can be cotton gauze, or a handkerchief, or an N95, or anything in between. Breathe in and out normally for a few minutes. Then feel the side of that cloth that was closer to your mouth. Damp, huh? That's the water droplets (and the virus) being trapped.

That's disease transmission being blocked.

Science!
B96A4822-25D9-434F-8487-C2801524DE78.jpeg

Science!

Context sure is everything, isn't it?

Two things you really ought to know about the context of that tweet:

(1) it was tweeted in late February, 2020, almost exactly a year ago, just as the virus was ramping up in the US. Ordinary folks were making a run on masks, leaving not enough for health care workers. So the Surgeon General asked us all to stop and let them buy the masks first. It was a question of priority, not effectiveness.
(2) now, he did say masks won't stop us from catching the virus...but if that's true, you have to ask yourself: why did he so desperately want health care workers wearing them? Oh yeah...to stop them from catching, and then spreading the virus. Because a doctor or nurse as a throughput agent to the rest of the population is a truly scary thing, in a pandemic.

So he lied about masks not "preventing us from catching covid-19"? Yep, he did. Fauci and Redfield lied about it, too, for the same reason. They all came back later and apologized for that, and have said repeatedly since that mask wearing will help block disease spread.

Current CDC policy on masks is:

1614623451398.png

Double down on Science! With a good dose of Context! thrown in! Heh.

Last edited:
Reactions: MAD

(1) it was tweeted in March, 2020, about a year ago, just as the virus was ramping up in the US. Ordinary folks were making a run on masks, leaving not enough for health care workers. So the Surgeon General asked us all to stop and let them buy the masks first. It was a question of priority, not effectiveness.
(2) now, he did say masks won't stop us from catching the virus...but if that's true, you have to ask yourself: why did he so desperately want health care workers wearing them? Oh yeah...to stop them from catching, and then spreading the virus. Because a doctor or nurse as a throughput agent to the rest of the population is a truly scary thing, in a pandemic.

So he lied about masks not "preventing us from catching covid-19"? Yep, he did. He came back later and apologized for that.

View attachment 354934

Just pointing out that science isn’t etched in stone.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Just pointing out that science isn’t etched in stone.
Agreed, it certainly is not. If it were, it wouldn't be science. Absolutely right.

Actually, though, in this case it was not the science that changed...it was public policy. The Surgeon General, head of the CDC, and Fauci all knew even when they said it that they were lying. That masks could help prevent spread, which is precisely why they wanted the doctors and nurses to get masks first.

Reactions: VolNExile and MAD
Agreed, it certainly is not. If it were, it wouldn't be science. Absolutely right.

Actually, though, in this case it was not the science that changed...it was public policy. The Surgeon General, head of the CDC, and Fauci all knew even when they said it that they were lying. That masks could help prevent spread, which is precisely why they wanted the doctors and nurses to get masks first.

I wasn’t necessarily taking issue with the opposition voice here, but this is the point I was trying to make. I am under the opinion as well that it is common sense that masks have to help at least some. But I am also of the opinion that science! shaming others for their position on this is arrogant. This is not a flat earth argument. It’s a policy of convenience argument for our politicians. If masks didn’t stop the spread a year ago, they don’t stop it now. This is as much about keeping the fear alive as it is about science!, I was just trying to point out that science! has more than been manipulated here.

I wasn’t necessarily taking issue with the opposition voice here, but this is the point I was trying to make. I am under the opinion as well that it is common sense that masks have to help at least some. But I am also of the opinion that science! shaming others for their position on this is arrogant. This is not a flat earth argument. It’s a policy of convenience argument for our politicians. If masks didn’t stop the spread a year ago, they don’t stop it now. This is as much about keeping the fear alive as it is about science!, I was just trying to point out that science! has more than been manipulated here.
literally_makes_no_sense-DMID1-5dfe2yqwz-245x138.gif

(1) it was tweeted in late February, 2020, almost exactly a year ago, just as the virus was ramping up in the US. Ordinary folks were making a run on masks, leaving not enough for health care workers. So the Surgeon General asked us all to stop and let them buy the masks first. It was a question of priority, not effectiveness.

So he lied about masks not "preventing us from catching covid-19"? Yep, he did. Fauci and Redfield lied about it, too, for the same reason. They all came back later and apologized for that, and have said repeatedly since that mask wearing will help block disease spread.

View attachment 354934

So if they admit they lied to us (or we now determine that they did) for our own good, or the good of healthcare workers, what are we supposed to believe to be true? Are they having us wear mask not for CoVid but for some other reason that they think is important?
The position that the mask prevent virus carried by water droplets from being liberated has validity but where's the science that shows the virus is always attached to water droplets? I'll hang my hat on 6' before I hang it on masks.

So if they admit they lied to us (or we now determine that they did) for our own good, or the good of healthcare workers, what are we supposed to believe to be true? Are they having us wear mask not for CoVid but for some other reason that they think is important?
The position that the mask prevent virus carried by water droplets from being liberated has validity but where's the science that shows the virus is always attached to water droplets? I'll hang my hat on 6' before I hang it on masks.
It doesn’t have to be one or another, do both.
And you do know that this is a world pandemic don’t you, it’s not just about the United States and the United States government.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
It doesn’t have to be one or another, do both.
And you do know that this is a world pandemic don’t you, it’s not just about the United States and the United States government.
Yes I know, and every picture or video shown of China, showed extensive mask wearing which seemed to have little impact on the spread......and yes I believe the reports that based on cell phones being disconnected the hundreds of thousands of Chinese people died

Yeah, I agree with your sentiment. They not only lied, but they set back trust by lying while in a position of public service.

So what's a person to do, when sometimes those in authority lie to us? Well, we have to fall back on a thing Fightmaker mentioned above:
...common sense...
So common sense makes you ask, "hey, why would these guys (the Surgeon General, and head of the CDC, and Fauci) want the doctors and nurses to get all the masks?"

And common sense gives you the answer: because they're the most exposed people in the nation. Hmm. Masks must work after all.

So the solution to seeing past the lie is right there in the lie itself. The Surgeon General basically said, "don't buy up all the masks, they'll do you no good, we need them for the doctors and nurses...[because they actually do work]" That last part of the sentence wasn't said, but it was barely hidden. Common sense fills it in for us.

We all gotta fall back on common sense, in the end.

Reactions: VolNExile and MAD
That article failed to add all survived with minor symptoms and gained immunity? Substitute “flu” for COVID-19in this story and it is a non story. Hope to get my vaccine soon so I can enjoy more sporting events. Not saying those at risk shouldn’t take precautions.
That wasn’t the point, was it? It was just addressing transmissibility.

Reactions: MAD
wait... The Earth 🌎 is flat?

Reactions: MAD and VFL-82-JP
Does anyone know if the Legends of Tennessee Football were wearing masks while sipping and smoking? Did anyone go to the event?

VN Store

Back