Meet UT football legends

I see the Doomsday Prophets are still alive and well.
Whatever happened to being kind to other people by just not saying anything? Why do people always have some sort of smartass remark when it doesn't even matter? Just like me, I could have kept my mouth shut. But I didn't, why? It's a message board and does not 1 bit of good.

Lol. Internet can be a craphole.

The invitation states "2 Legends Cigars"
Some of our Legends might roll a mighty fine "cigar"
They have a golf outing in May too.

Whatever happened to being kind to other people by just not saying anything? Why do people always have some sort of smartass remark when it doesn't even matter? Just like me, I could have kept my mouth shut. But I didn't, why? It's a message board and does not 1 bit of good.

Lol. Internet can be a craphole.

You make a good point. I bet you let at least 10 statements go for every one you answer, though. Sometimes it just makes me feel better!

Reactions: Behr
That’s all fine and dandy, and am not calling you out specifically, but usually people who make statements like this are the ones who refuse to wear a mask at CVS putting others at risk.
Masks are to make idiots feel better. If you are gonna get it, a piece of cloth or dust mask is not gonna stop you from getting it.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
Masks are to make idiots feel better. If you are gonna get it, a piece of cloth or dust mask is not gonna stop you from getting it.
The intention is to keep you from giving it.
The intention is both, actually. Protects you, AND protects those around you. Worth wearing, even if you retain some doubt about how strong the protection is.

But Jarnol, your argument is truly meaningless: "if you are gonna get it, a piece of cloth is not gonna stop that." Okay, that's like saying, "if you are gonna find a million dollars in the street, keeping your eyes closed is not gonna stop that." Of course not, because you led with "If this IS gonna happen, then ...." You're assuming the result and then arguing that if that result is true, then nothing that came before could've stopped it. See how little meaning that has?

Masks help. How much they help, that depends a lot on the quality of the masks and how well they're worn. But they definitely help. Did you know transmission of the flu this year has come to an almost complete halt? It's like flu took this winter off. Know why? Masks. Masks and whatever social distancing there is left in a country that has largely gone back to normal activity.

Masks slow down the flu, and they slow down covid-19. They slow down all the diseases that are transmitted from person to person through water droplets in the air. I'm not going to wear one forever, but it's no great pain to keep wearing one for now, while we're all getting vaccinated.

Last edited:
I heard they raised a good portion of money for the non profit. My son is attending their football camp with Treece and Jabari this coming Friday. I can’t wait for them to experience this.

Reactions: kcvols1
The intention is both, actually. Protects you, AND protects those around you. Worth wearing, even if you retain some doubt about how strong the protection is.

But Jarnol, your argument is truly meaningless: "if you are gonna get it, a piece of cloth is not gonna stop that." Okay, that's like saying, "if you are gonna find a million dollars in the street, keeping your eyes closed is not gonna stop that." Of course not, because you led with "If this IS gonna happen, then ...." You're assuming the result and then arguing that if that result is true, then nothing that came before could've stopped it. See how little meaning that has?

Masks help. How much they help, that depends a lot on the quality of the masks and how well they're worn. But they definitely help. Did you know transmission of the flu this year has come to an almost complete halt? It's like flu took this winter off. Know why? Masks. Masks and whatever social distancing there is left in a country that has largely gone back to normal activity.

Masks slow down the flu, and they slow down covid-19. They slow down all the diseases that are transmitted from person to person through water droplets in the air. I'm not going to wear one forever, but it's no great pain to keep wearing one for now, while we're all getting vaccinated.
Well said
tenor.gif

I’ve got some ocean front property I’d like to sell you in northeast Tennessee. I’m sure you’d be interested...

I've got some science you might be interested in. You sure could use it.
Masks didn't stop the flu there's just a lot more money in covid. Most people wear those stupid cotton designer masks thinking they actually help where studies show they are actually worse. N95 masks work when fitted but hell hardly even anyone even wears those correctly either

Reactions: jarnol32
Masks didn't stop the flu there's just a lot more money in covid. Most people wear those stupid cotton designer masks thinking they actually help where studies show they are actually worse. N95 masks work when fitted but hell hardly even anyone even wears those correctly either

weak.

Reactions: MAD

Not arguing about masks but the flu transmission has slowed because majority of kids aren't in school

That article failed to add all survived with minor symptoms and gained immunity? Substitute “flu” for COVID-19in this story and it is a non story. Hope to get my vaccine soon so I can enjoy more sporting events. Not saying those at risk shouldn’t take precautions.
I really don't think masks prevent transmission but I just make attempt to wear one in public and have no choice to wear one at work. Especially since bidens executive order that all government owned property has mask mandate. 😡

VN Store

Back