Meet the new guy

After watching the video, I don’t see how anyone can not get on board with this guy.
He seems especially knowledgeable about the sport and approachable. Just seems like a really nice guy. I’m definitely pulling for him - that’s what fans do, right?

Well that and order from him some icecream and cotton candy for the kids.

CJH does not hesitate one split second with his answers to any question. In my opinion that shows that he believes what he is saying 100%. At a minimum that is a vast improvement from coaches past. A part of me liked some of the no nonsense aspect of CJP, but CJH has that as well. I am hopeful that that translates to winning football. I'm tired of being irrelevant. GBO!

I'm just glad we have a coach that wanted to walk into this mess! Glad to have him. Hope he gets this turned around on and off the field.

Gotta feeling that him coming here had more to do with the millions thrown at him... and, he knew this gig was probably the best he was ever going to get.

Reactions: N.ohio vol
Gotta feeling that him coming here had more to do with the millions thrown at him... and, he knew this gig was probably the best he was ever going to get.
Very true but let's be honest who else is coming with possible sanctions possible bowl bans. 15 years of disfuction. I'll take him in a heart beat. Over some of the others weve had. Dooley Butch Pruitt. Also supposedly we threw big money at Penn State coach Clemson guy and a few others and struck out. So UT tried...

I
Very true but let's be honest who else is coming with possible sanctions possible bowl bans. 15 years of disfuction. I'll take him in a heart beat. Over some of the others weve had. Dooley Butch Pruitt. Also supposedly we threw big money at Penn State coach Clemson guy and a few others and struck out.
I totally agree 100%!

CJH does not hesitate one split second with his answers to any question. In my opinion that shows that he believes what he is saying 100%. At a minimum that is a vast improvement from coaches past. A part of me liked some of the no nonsense aspect of CJP, but CJH has that as well. I am hopeful that that translates to winning football. I'm tired of being irrelevant. GBO!

Right and he's not full of coach speak/filler bs.

Heupel gives a much better first impression than Pruitt did. The first time I heard Pruitt speak I got the feeling that he wasn't the brightest bulb in the chandelier. Heupel seems sharp and, IMO, like someone who will be a good role model for the guys.

Heupel gives a much better first impression than Pruitt did. The first time I heard Pruitt speak I got the feeling that he wasn't the brightest bulb in the chandelier. Heupel seems sharp and, IMO, like someone who will be a good role model for the guys.
At this point we just gotta give someone a chance and I think he is a good choice right now.But if you want to believe White saying he was the first choice then more power to you.All I’m saying his bar wasn’t set to the highest level but I hope it works out better than any of us thought it will.

After reading through this thread I can easily see why NO ONE would want to coach at Tennessee. You criticize the coach with your 11 year old mentality.

If you talk about actual professional or performance inadequacy would be one thing, but physical appearance is just grade school mentality.

What I hope for CJH.. Can he teach and develop, most importantly, will the players buy in to him. If this happens the wins will come. Pruitt may not have the best grammar.. Neither do I.. But he knew football. I read that players weren't buying in 100%.. If players don't buy in.. Doesn't matter how knowledgeable the coach is, also it doesn't make them a good leader.. Pruitt wasn't one. I hope CJH is.. I want these young men to be successful.

Josh Heupel interview with 247 sports

I appreciate the interviews coaches give, but TBH, I don't really care what they have to say. Just prove yourself on the field of play. Win games and be competitive until the end of every game, no matter who the opponent and I will support you to the end.

Reactions: VolForLife83
I appreciate the interviews coaches give, but TBH, I don't really care what they have to say. Just prove yourself on the field of play. Win games and be competitive until the end of every game, no matter who the opponent and I will support you to the end.
We hear ya

Reactions: camp_steveo
Until he constantly wins he’s just like the old guys.

LOL yeah he is a bit of a "shlub" appearance wise. It's hard to believe this guy ever played QB at the major college level. Who cares though. As long as he wins he can look like Jabba the Hutt for all I care.
You're right. I've met or know several former NFL players/ Boxers and other professional athletes. All but two I would never believe if I didn't already know.

VN Store

Back