'21 MD QB Christian Veilleux

HoleInTheRoof

Respect My Posts. 100%
Last edited:

VolforFootball

I have full faith in our recruiting staff, even if I do or don't have faith elsewhere. The guys we have have the experience and talent that is indicative of future success. In the past, when we offered unranked or 2-3 star players, I found it questionable. Now, it seems more likely to be a diamond in the rough. And getting in early on these guys like this allows us to build a very positive long-term relationship with the individual recruits, rather than trying to snag guys later on in the process after they've already built these relationships with other universities.

Go Vols!

SOMERSET, N.J. – Class of 2021 quarterback
Christian Veilleux is close to finishing up his first year at Canisius High in Buffalo, N.Y., after transferring down from his home in Ottawa, Canada. College coaches certainly know where Veilleux is, and many has been through his school already in the Spring Evaluation Period, with more expected this month.

Veilleux is up to 12 scholarship offers, with Purdue and Pittsburgh among the most recent to join the chase. Both of those schools had coaches in to watch him throw recently, while coaches from Ole Miss, South Carolina and Kentucky are expected in soon. Pitt was one of the schools Veilleux visited in April, along with South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia Tech. A trip to Rutgers took place immediately after he took part in the Rivals 3 Stripe Camp presented by adidas in New Jersey this past Sunday. The trip to Tennessee was Veilleux’s first in-person experience on their Knoxville campus.

IN HIS WORDS

“(Tennessee) was super nice and really lived up to expectations. I spent most of the time with Coach (Chris) Weinke and we have a pretty good relationship. He definitely has a good reputation in my mind because he worked with Michael O’Connor (at IMG Academy), so that connection is pretty big. I know that he knows his stuff and he can develop quarterbacks."

RIVALS’ REACTION

Veilleux has established himself as one of the top quarterback prospects in the 2021 class, and his performance at the Rivals 3 Stripe Camp this past weekend only furthered that reputation. Veilleux measured in at 6-foot-3 and 194 pounds and had arguably the strongest arm at a very deep camp that included four prospects already committed to Power Five programs. His recruitment started early and he has already visited most of the programs that have offered him a scholarship, as well as several that have not. Additional camps and college visits are expected, with Penn State and Pittsburgh two schools Veilleux would like to get back to this summer.
- Rivals

Big Gucci Sosa

Veilleux was in Knoxville today and threw for Tennessee as well as camp with the Vols.

The 6-3 qb is originally from Canada. He has been playing HS ball in Buffalo but is transferring to a school in Maryland this fall in an effort to reclassify into the 2021 class instead of 2020 as he just turned 16 this month. Veilleux is going to be a mid-term enrollee and could decide as early as this Christmas. Tennessee offered back in January. Today was his first time seeing campus and he liked what he saw. Likes the business school which is what he wants to major in and liked the coaching staff.
Hubbs

HoleInTheRoof

Respect My Posts. 100%
As for his workout with Vol quarterback coach Chris Weinke and offensive coordinator Jim Chaney, Veilleux felt he showed his skills well.

“I feel like I did well. I definitely threw how I wanted to throw. I was accurate. I think I showed off my arm talent and my feet were good. I felt good about it,” Veilleux said.

“They told me they were impressed with how I threw. Coach Chaney said my mechanics were good, not a lot of flaws. From them, it was all generally positive. I like them.”

Veilleux, who received his Vol offer back in January, visited the Vols back in May and likes Weinke and Chaney who he speaks with regularly.

Veilleux just turned 16 and is likely to see his recruitment take off as more people find him. After playing his first season in Buffalo at Canisius High School last season, Veilluex is transferring to the Bullis School in Maryland in August. Bullis is the alma mater of first round draft pick Dewayne Haskins.

Veilleux, who was born in Canada, believes he can get more exposure at the Bullis school before graduating in December of 2020 and enrolling somewhere in January of 2021. When it comes to what he’s looking for in a school, he has a pretty good idea.

“I want a school with a great business program,” Veilleux said. “A school that has a good reputation with their business program and their overall academics. I feel like that is a huge part of it. The coaching staff. How are they, what’s their reputation, how do I feel around them? Are they good people? Do they share the same values that I do?”

What kind of offense do they run? How are they surrounding the quarterback position? What coaching do they off for the quarterback position and then the campus. How do I feel on campus? What’s the vibe? How would I fit in with campus life? Can my parents to get to a game easily?”

As for what the offense looks like, Jim Chaney’s style certainly seems to fit the bill.

“I believe an offense that is pro style with some spread is what I’m looking for. I love being under center and in the gun,” he offered. “I’m not too big on RPO stuff, but I think my athleticism can support that kind off offense. Really what I prefer is a pro-style offense with some spread things. More NFL geared.”

With signing day for right handed signal caller nearly 18 months away, there’s obviously no rush for a decision, but Veilleux does have somewhat of a timetable in mind.

“I thinking around Christmas time this year. Maybe a little after Christmas. That’s when I will probably make a decision,” he offered. “Honestly whenever I feel comfortable with it and I now for sure where I want to go, I will get it done.”
-VQ

VN Store

Sponsors