'21 MD LB Aaron Willis (Tennessee signee - In the portal)

Eason is going to end up on the line IMO, French probably won’t be a starter until Jr year. This defense is difficult schematic wise so that’s not a bad thing.
Will it be the same defense if Steele has a significant imprint? Need X’s and O’s guys for this question. To my untrained eye, Auburn’s defenses seemed easier to absorb.

Will it be the same defense if Steele has a significant imprint? Need X’s and O’s guys for this question. To my untrained eye, Auburn’s defenses seemed easier to absorb.
Auburn ran multiple but the base was a 4-3 not 3-4 if I’m not mistaken.

we should try to go back to 4-3 hate to say it. every time we tinkered with 3/4 transition, we Sonseried it.
3-4 works well at Bamer but they have 5 stars everywhere...got to have difference makers to make it work. We don’t have any difference makers, yet. I think Brooks will be... I hear great things about the Evans DLM form Md via Norfolk as diff maker.. Cat Bryant can rush passer better than what we had. I know staff loves Willis as a solid back up to TooToo. Overall a lot more talent in ‘21. The key is how offense improves. Pathetic this last year mainly due to awful QB play and Chaney hamstrung.

Reactions: sccshortstop
I dont notice us running a 3-4 much at all. Not sure if its for personnel reasons or what, but just see it rarely.
I'd love to see numbers on how often we're actually in a 3-4 set.. Majority of the time I'd say we're in a Nickel.. it would be nice to have a "tweener" like Devin Bush was for Michigan, so that we could stay in our base defense more often

Reactions: jp1
I was a little concerned about his fit in the 34 but if we are switching back to the 43 I think this dude could be a day 1 starter at WLB and look like the second coming of Reeves-Maybin

Agree...I think this kid could be in the mix for early PT. Reminds me of the speedy, compact guys like Eddie Moore and Eric Westmoreland back in the day under Chavis.

Agree...I think this kid could be in the mix for early PT. Reminds me of the speedy, compact guys like Eddie Moore and Eric Westmoreland back in the day under Chavis.
I think our LB's could surprise this year. I like Bryson Eason to win the MLB spot, with French and Banks at SLB. Beasley, McDonald, Morven, and Crouch are all wildcards and I expect Crouch to move to DE.

I think our LB's could surprise this year. I like Bryson Eason to win the MLB spot, with French and Banks at SLB. Beasley, McDonald, Morven, and Crouch are all wildcards and I expect Crouch to move to DE.
You’re leaving out Young...see him at DE?

Reactions: Joe Dirt

Sounds like Eason will be a DE barring a substantial weight loss, especially considering we will likely be moving back to a 4 man front.

Beasley, McDonald and Willis could be very well suited for sub package LB/Rover type role in the nickel sets.

Banks or Crouch going to be MLB by default.

Time will tell though.

I’d like to see Whitehead make the move to LB, too.

Reactions: Joe Dirt

VN Store

Back