'21 MD LB Aaron Willis (Tennessee signee - In the portal)

I truly believe Lewis and him will pass Crouch and Banks when they get on campus. They are special at MLB. Crouch needs to go to OLB or RB.

At least one will. With Hodge/ Beckwith/ Whitehead being bruising backs, and Brown coming in next season, I think Crouch's window is closing to contribute on offense. He's starting to look like Pruitt's version of Tyler Byrd.

Reactions: SoilVol
At least one will. With Hodge/ Beckwith/ Whitehead being bruising backs, and Brown coming in next season, I think Crouch's window is closing to contribute on offense. He's starting to look like Pruitt's version of Tyler Byrd.
I think Crouch would play over Whitehead and Hodge at runningback. He is a great athlete. Plus, I wouldn’t be surprised to see one or both of Whitehead/Hodge at ILB next year. Beckwith will be a TE/WR next year. IMO of course.

Reactions: VolForLife83
If you keep flipping crouch positions none of these guys are ever going to live up to potential at any of them.
Runningback is pretty easy to start at even at year one. Plus this year doesn’t count toward eligibility so he has three years left here. He would be fine. But I agree, we have to start putting players in one position and letting them grow.

Reactions: johnfnkelly
Runningback is pretty easy to start at even at year one. Plus this year doesn’t count toward eligibility so he has three years left here. He would be fine. But I agree, we have to start putting players in one position and letting them grow.
Unfortunately picking up the blitz is tough for nearly any freshman

Schollie restrictions are dumbest thing ever but, if what youre saying is true. Then, that doesnt hold merit this year.

In a sense, conversely, there should be a unified plan to get each one of those people time.
With the 4 game limits now, yeah it really isn't about *if/when* as much as it used to be. But this year there just aren't those opportunities. There are no FCS or G5 opponents. That's usually when, and only when, they get plays.

If you keep flipping crouch positions none of these guys are ever going to live up to potential at any of them.

Crouch is the big HB we desperately need but some reason he's at linebacker. Makes no sense to me but I'm not a coach

Reactions: Volsdeep4
How I would handle it is

-Move Whitehead to inside LB
-Crouch to RB (where he's talented enough to start)
-Morven Joseph to inside LB
-Banks to the outside (rotate w/ Roman Harrison)
-Dee to TE (or you could keep at RB, there’s options)
-Terrence Lewis to STAR/Nickel
-Willis at ILB
-have Baron, season and Dylan Brooks rotate off the edge

Lewis might honestly be the key to finally covering the slant patters that have killed us recently. He could develop into one of the best DBs in the country as a hybrid player. He’ll be the best athlete on the defense once he gets to campus.

How I would handle it is

-Willis at ILB

Lewis might honestly be the key to finally covering the slant patters that have killed us recently. He could develop into one of the best DBs in the country as a hybrid player. He’ll be the best athlete on the defense once he gets to campus.
feel like Morven Joseph should be outside...jmo...

agree on Dee. and you could do it right now to be honest. what can it hurt? we're getting nada at TE currently....

i've also wondered with our two other TE's brown and lowe or whatever their names are.....with their length, ever any thought at moving them to OLB/pass rusher? even if only a 3rd down package, 6'5"/240ish lb dudes can usually move in to that type of roll....

not that i want to make more wholesale changes, just thinking about some places on the roster where we're deficient, and guys that haven't panned out in those positions...what else can they do?

we have probably a half dozen guys that can play that star/nickel spot.....i think if you do get Lewis, he gives you some flexibility to put him in places he can just go make plays...

He can still do that if he’s a hybrid. Isaiah Simmons played everywhere at Clemson and still rushed the passer all the time
Yeah we gotta quit trying to emulate the past all the time. We’re gonna continue getting smoked unless we evolve on both sides of the ball.

feel like Morven Joseph should be outside...jmo...

agree on Dee. and you could do it right now to be honest. what can it hurt? we're getting nada at TE currently....

i've also wondered with our two other TE's brown and lowe or whatever their names are.....with their length, ever any thought at moving them to OLB/pass rusher? even if only a 3rd down package, 6'5"/240ish lb dudes can usually move in to that type of roll....

not that i want to make more wholesale changes, just thinking about some places on the roster where we're deficient, and guys that haven't panned out in those positions...what else can they do?

we have probably a half dozen guys that can play that star/nickel spot.....i think if you do get Lewis, he gives you some flexibility to put him in places he can just go make plays...

Last depth chart I looked at showed Fant, Brown, and Warren for TE. Lowe entered the transfer portal last month. Pope had back surgery.

Reactions: jakez4ut
How I would handle it is

-Willis at ILB

Crouch is likely to enter the portal if put at RB. He doesn’t want to do it.
edit: last I heard from him in interviews last year

VN Store

Back