'21 MD LB Aaron Willis (Tennessee signee - In the portal)

NegaVols begin $hitting on a kid for wanting a better opportunity for himself in 5..4...3...

Whoops, nevermind, it's already started. :rolleyes:

No big loss…… he was way down the depth chart….. Pruitt missed on a lot of players.
It may turn out not to be a big loss, however when I look at the depth at that position it makes me nervous. Good luck to the young man. Wished it could have worked out for him here.

He was only a freshman. I would agree if you were talking 3 years in the program, but I think some of our fans have unrealistic expectations.

It’s unrealistic to expect a freshman to get PT when Tennessee is lacking talent at the position he plays?

It’s not on Tennessee or the coaches Willis never seemed to have the want to attitude. Imo.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
It’s unrealistic to expect a freshman to get PT when Tennessee is lacking talent at the position he plays?

It’s not on Tennessee or the coaches Willis never seemed to have the want to attitude. Imo.
He has the “want” attitude, unfortunately it “wants” to leave. 😂

We have many good LB's here that got very little playing time as a freshman.

Sounds like you are pretty close to the program to know more about Willis and his attitude. I will just have to take your word for it.

We have many good LB's here that got very little playing time as a freshman.

Sounds like you are pretty close to the program to know more about Willis and his attitude. I will just have to take your word for it.

I’m not.

If you can’t get on the field at Tennessee at LB and standout then are you really going to standout anywhere else? Other than a lower level school of course..

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I’m not.

If you can’t get on the field at Tennessee at LB and standout then are you really going to standout anywhere else? Other than a lower level school of course..
Perhaps you are right in the end. While I dont think it will be a "crushing loss" for us, I do think the young man has talent and could help us in due time. I don't think the book is written on Willis' career based on one season at UT as a freshman.

It may turn out not to be a big loss, however when I look at the depth at that position it makes me nervous. Good luck to the young man. Wished it could have worked out for him here.
He is a sophomore behind walk ons and a true freshman….. I think he saw the writing on the wall.

Reactions: VolByLaw and jp1
Perhaps you are right in the end. While I dont think it will be a "crushing loss" for us, I do think the young man has talent and could help us in due time. I don't think the book is written on Willis' career based on one season at UT as a freshman.

Where ever he goes good luck to him but he’s got to find the right attitude to get on the field. If an even playing field where you earn everything you get doesent light a fire in you then nothing will

Reactions: jp1

VN Store

Back