'21 MD LB Aaron Willis (Tennessee signee - In the portal)

I think lack of depth inside forced him there. Hopefully next season he’ll move back outside. Blitzing and containing was a strength of his. Most likely losing Deandre Johnson and possibly Kivon. Either way he would have opportunity there. Inside next year looks good between To’oto’to, Banks, Willis, Lewis. Can’t forget about Eason and French as well

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Crouch is the big HB we desperately need but some reason he's at linebacker. Makes no sense to me but I'm not a coach
just comes down to depth- we would be more pitiful at LB than we are now without crouch there

Crouch chose to play linebacker. He doesn't want to play RB. Kid was the number recruit, until he put it out there that he wants to play lb and not rb.

RBs are the most undervalued position in the NFL anymore. You have to be a super stud to go in the first round of the draft. Most teams wait until the later rounds to pick one up.
The same can likely be said of LBs on the defensive side of the ball, too, though. If you aren't an EDGE LB or an elite 3-down MLB or WLB, you aren't going round 1, either.

With so many teams running 2 LB schemes (Nickel) as their base defense, anymore, the position is being phased out for LBs that can't either drop back in coverage (Deion Jones, Fred Warner) or rush the passer (Chandler Jones, Khalil Mack) at an elite level.

These poor recruits still hanging on. Naive thinking their position coaches will be here next year. Weinke sure as hell is gone right? May wait until Salter inks the paper before we can him.

VN Store

Back