'21 MD LB Aaron Willis (Tennessee signee - In the portal)

Sounds like the kid was desperate, he doesn't have any film so that video was all he had. Not sure it will help him land at another school or not. I think his height will be more the reason he will or will not land somewhere than his talent. More reason why these kids better have a bird in the hand before jumping in the portal. Best of luck to this kid though, wished he would have stuck around here.

Key Lawrence
Henry To'oto'o
Quavaris Crouch
Ty Chandler
Key Lawrence
Eric Grey (meh)
Malachi Wideman
Joe Doyle
Will Ignont (meh)
Marcus Tatum
Ryan Johnson

Other than Henry T I missed where these guys were ‘big time’ contributors. Your bar must be really low.

…and that video stunt (unless somehow unlikely done with permission) will likely scare some teams off

🚩

Not sure why anyone has issue with the video. Brandon Davis and that JUCO dlineman who ended up at FAMU both posted similar videos of their UT practices after they transferred out since they had limited game footage to choose from. I find it hard to believe they’d all be posting sensitive practice footage and UT not doing all they could to get it pulled. I don’t think anyone cares.

Not sure why anyone has issue with the video. Brandon Davis and that JUCO dlineman who ended up at FAMU both posted similar videos of their UT practices after they transferred out since they had limited game footage to choose from. I find it hard to believe they’d all be posting sensitive practice footage and UT not doing all they could to get it pulled. I don’t think anyone cares.
I guess I just found it curious he’s sending out practice video considering the team does so much to restrict access to said practices. Just seems strange to me, but again like I said, maybe the staff allowed them that video.

I guess I just found it curious he’s sending out practice video considering the team does so much to restrict access to said practices. Just seems strange to me, but again like I said, maybe the staff allowed them that video.

Yeah I can understand that. But Willis isn’t the first to post stuff like that, and with the apps today that allow teams to monitor the social activities of their players and former players, I’d assume they’re aware and could have it removed if they were worried about it.

Yeah I can understand that. But Willis isn’t the first to post stuff like that, and with the apps today that allow teams to monitor the social activities of their players and former players, I’d assume they’re aware and could have it removed if they were worried about it.
I’dsay that makes sense. I’d say it’s also in the staffs best interest to give these kids who want to leave resources to be successful in their transition. Jimmies unrustled.

Agreed. Lol even his Practice footage was limited. Just like his playing time.

The kid didn’t have a go-pro set up prior to practice.

He got that video from the team.

The team is doing as they promised - doing what it can to help a kid land wherever else they can. So it isn’t like he’s leaking video behind the teams back. They made those cut ups for him, most likely.

SIAP

Can anybody name a player (or players) who transferred from UT and became big time contributors? I’m sure there were some but I just can’t come up with any off the top of my head.

I just saw where Malachi Wideman transferred to Jackson State and wound up with 34 receptions for 540 yards and 12 TDs last year. That kid had all the tools. Not shocked he is doing well. Wish he would have stuck around. I realize that's lower competition, but 15 yards a catch and a touchdown basically every 3 catches is pretty great production.

VN Store

Back