'21 MD DT KaTron Evans (JSU commit)

Frame: Thick shoulders and biceps with room to carve and chisel. Wide waist and hips, along with big thighs and thick calves.

Athleticism: Flashes good movement skills for 300-plus. Solid snap quickness inside to reduce ground at the snap. Engages strong at the point of attack with intent to shed quickly and get clean. Can come to balance and close in tight space. Capable of hunting laterally across front to box edges from inside.

Instincts: Quick to win at the point by gaining control of opponent’s inside shoulder/upper arm. Has some gap-attack ability. Flashes torso rotation and ability to punch through and skinny past double teams. Good eyes versus run and is alert to get hands up in throwing lanes during interior rush.

Polish: Plays currently at 0, 1 and 3-technique. Aside from strength and power, flashes a 2-hand swipe to pressure. Can be late at the snap and inconsistent to anchor at times. Hat and leverage can get too high at the point. Must continue learning how to use his mitts and adding to his hand-usage toolbox.

Bottom Line: Stout and sturdy, Evans has a lot of girth to clog gaps in the interior defensive front. He possesses enough quickness at the snap and ball-location skills to frustrate an offense’s run game through the A and B gaps. Evans still has room to grow and learn in the pass-rushing aspect of defensive line play, but projects as a 0 or 1-technique type of interior defensive tackle depending on the front alignment.

SI All-American Candidate Katron Evans Highlights and Evaluation

Eric Cain from Rivals:

Just spoke with #Vols DT commit KaTron Evans and he's still solid on his Tennessee commit - despite the Brumbaugh dismissal. His teammate Aaron Willis has said the same. So have Cody Brown, Kadon Salter, and Isaac Washington
Something tells me our commits especially the ones on the DL weren’t too upset with Brumbaugh being let go.

That's positive, we need this class to hold together. But just need to show improvement on the field to further solidify this class and keep everyone on board.

Eric Cain from Rivals:

Just spoke with #Vols DT commit KaTron Evans and he's still solid on his Tennessee commit - despite the Brumbaugh dismissal. His teammate Aaron Willis has said the same. So have Cody Brown, Kadon Salter, and Isaac Washington
Five of my favorite 10 recruits, this year, don't want to lose anyone of these kids. So, great news, imo

Per the VQ podcast today they didn’t have glaring reviews for Jimmy. When I heard about about current players cold calling recruits parents I cringed.

After listening to that podcast, if all that is true, no wonder the dude was let go. Hell I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner.

With that being said, quit making **** hires to begin with. Please.

Last edited:
I missed that. Can you elaborate?

Price said something along the lines of Brumbaugh was working from home majority of the time he was here and was having current players cold calling recruits mothers to sell the program.

Got the sense he was not working hard enough for Pruitts taste on or off the field and was able to sort of disappear with COVID for a bit during the summer.

Price said something along the lines of Brumbaugh was working from home majority of the time he was here and was having current players cold calling recruits mothers to sell the program.

Got the sense he was not working hard enough for Pruitts taste on or off the field and was able to sort of disappear with COVID for a bit during the summer.

Wow. Thanks!

The more you think about it, the weirder it gets. Seems like we went from someone who didn’t recruit almost at all in Rocker, to someone using weird antics & tactics. I’m surprised Pruitt didn’t catch wind of that sooner. Maybe that’s why he’s took on some recruits as the primary now.

Reactions: AppStVol

$650,000 to make cold calls from home?

VN Store

Back