'18 MD DE Eyabi Anoma

And a solid culture isn’t going to be ruined by one player. They either get with the program or get gone. Not a big risk IMO
Different opinions I guess. I have seen it a lot over the years working. One guy comes in and his bad habits are passed onto others. He gets fired but others continue what he started.

Reactions: hooter vol
Reports: Former Alabama 5-star recruit back in portal

First thread I've started but was curious if anybody think we would take him or if any insiders have any knowledge of interest in him for a season to have some more linebacker depth?
Third time is a charm. I would love to pick up a guy who has already learned his lessons and has all those skills. We could use another LB in this class.

The guys a freak athlete. Give him the belichick treatment and see if he contributes by season end when we’ll likely need the depth. No loss in taking the one year flyer on him if he wants to put in the work, whatever his history is.

Very mature message he had when he committed to UT Martin, but I think he would be wise to stay at UT Martin and have a big season then get signed (maybe even drafted) and work his way onto an NFL team. That would look better to scouts imo especially how late this announcement is - unless he's able to get a good D1 opportunity then have a big year...

But to announce a transfer after fall practices have started? That looks terrible.

Just reading these comments as an introduction to this player (I haven’t followed him), if the comments are accurate, it seems like he’s a huge risk at worst and a development project at best. And what do we have to lose? Well, I assume it would be a scholarship.

I agree — staying where he is and working hard seems like his best course of action.

The staff gave Jeremy Banks another chance so why no take a chance on that guy? I'm just saying...
*This* staff didn't do that. That was Pruitt's staff. Banks's problem wasn't centered around being a bad teammate or getting kicked out of the university. It was a single off-field incident with officers.

Banks sat a year, interned with the police department, and focused on school. He earned his 2nd chance - it wasn't freely given. He was also already a part of this team and University. Not an outsider. It made more sense to invest in him and what he could develop into over several years - and it paid off. It's one of a small handful of things Pruitt did right when he was here.

Apples and oranges to this situation. A guy nonody knows, who's bounced around 3 schools, isn't a refined product but will only give us one year as a DL. Would be coming in the middle of preseason practice and probably expect to start Day 1.

Third time is a charm. I would love to pick up a guy who has already learned his lessons and has all those skills. We could use another LB in this class.
Pretty sure he played on the defensive line last season. Was listed at 6'6" 270lbs last year and might've gained weight. So he's at least a defensive end and would enter the competition for playing time with Young, Baron, Pearce, Harrison, and Josephs.

Reactions: vegasvolfan
The staff gave Jeremy Banks another chance so why no take a chance on that guy? I'm just saying...

Banks was never kicked out of school. This kid was kicked out of Alabama the school not just football then kicked off Houston team. He finally gets to a place to have some success and jumps ship in middle of fall practice. He would not have a chance to succeed anywhere he goes this fall and we are not struggling recruiting pass rushers

Respectfully disagree, bad attitudes, complaining and disrespectful are a cancer that will absolutely ruin a team if not removed.
This is true! My wife has a bad attitude, complains all the time and is disrespectful. I’ve tried to remove her but she won’t leave!🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Reactions: Volnatic
Interview him. Check his recent behavior. Make a decision.

It would matter a lot what his issues were.

As some have said, CJH would have to decide whether the culture was strong enough to reshape him or if he would poison the well.

Reactions: RiseToTheTop

VN Store

Back