'24 MD CB Ify Obidegwu (Oregon commit)

Tim Banks started his week in Maryland and D.C., including stopping by multiple powerhouses, such as St. Frances Academy, home to Ify Obidegwu and Edrees Farooq. Tennessee looks to continue building momentum from last Saturday's junior day showing with the two teammates. After spending the day in Virginia on Thursday, Banks will end the week making multiple stops in New Jersey on Friday.
-VQ

Need to lock this guy up. He mirrors WRs. Stacking him and Beasley on top of Gibson and Matthews would give us the most talented secondary we’ve had in a long time

Agreed about Ify,
but I really wish you'd stop dissing Conyer from 2023 and now you're doing the same with Goree for 2024.

Conyer and Goree are both talented, and flexible DBs.

Spring Practice is about to start. We'll find out soon if Conyer is just a "space"

Agreed about Ify,
but I really wish you'd stop dissing Conyer from 2023 and now you're doing the same with Goree for 2024.

Conyer and Goree are both talented, and flexible DBs.

Spring Practice is about to start. We'll find out soon if Conyer is just a "space"
I think both will be solid players. I’m much higher on Goree than Conyer though. It’s not that I’m “dissing” either. They need just don’t seem like outside corners and will likely play the star and our need for improvement at that position isn’t as high as corner. It’s obviously good to get better at each position, but we desperately need top notch cover corners and Gibson, Matthews, Beasley, and Ify are just that. Goree is more of an in the box safety that has the athleticism to cover WRs I think he’s definitely more college ready. Conyer seems like a big time project at the star. At least going by his film or lack thereof

Don't think Conyer or Goree are just 'fillers.' We had a huge db class last year and will have another one this year. We don't need to take guys just to take them. Staff is very high on Goree and Willie likes the tools Conyer possesses
It's hard for a lot of fans to see what coaches see. Fans look at what a kid appears to be right now. Coaches HAVE to look at physical and mental tools and project what they think a player can be with development and guidance. I'm not telling you this, because you already know. I'm just trying to give some perspective on some kids that are viewed as "projects".

It's hard for a lot of fans to see what coaches see. Fans look at what a kid appears to be right now. Coaches HAVE to look at physical and mental tools and project what they think a player can be with development and guidance. I'm not telling you this, because you already know. I'm just trying to give some perspective on some kids that are viewed as "projects".
Don't you realize that many Tennessee fans know much more about football and basketball than any of our coaches?

Need this guy and his teammate to commit soon. We need to lock that secondary down early this class so we can focus on landing the studs we’re after like Wingo, Matthews, Franklin, Fountain, and Ross. We really need to make a nice OL haul too. Like at least 2 of the 5 of McRoy, Easley, Calhoun, Westphal, and Calloway

Need to take 6 DBs this cycle. Losing Burrell, Hadden, Turnage, D Slaughter, D Williams, Jeudy Lally, McDonald, McCollough, and Walker. Also wouldn’t be surprised if Rucker and/or Charles transferred. Kaleb Beasley, Ify Obidegwu, Marcus Goree, and Kumaro Brown at CB & Boo Carter, Ricardo Jones, and Edrees Farooq at safety. Brown has to pass his classes but that would be a very solid DB class.

Need to take 6 DBs this cycle. Losing Burrell, Hadden, Turnage, D Slaughter, D Williams, Jeudy Lally, McDonald, McCollough, and Walker. Also wouldn’t be surprised if Rucker and/or Charles transferred. Kaleb Beasley, Ify Obidegwu, Marcus Goree, and Kumaro Brown at CB & Boo Carter, Ricardo Jones, and Edrees Farooq at safety. Brown has to pass his classes but that would be a very solid DB class.
Slaughter and McDonald have another season of eligibility after this one. They were freshmen in 2020…so does Turnage.

Last edited:
Covid year? He’s going into his senior year having never redshirted.
Exactly. This is not his Super Senior season. Adding Warren Burrell since he redshirted last season…tho I believe it’ll be elsewhere.

VN Store

Back