McElwain Vs. Butch/Dooley

I didn't know what to make of Butch until this year.

The one thing I will say on Butch's behalf is he at least has upgraded the talent level of the roster.

But, he also has missed out on a golden opportunity for Tennessee.

If Florida has found their guy, then Florida will only get better and the East will not be as easy as it has been.

"If"??

Florida has indeed found its guy, Tennessee is still desperately looking, and the East is once again about to be controlled by the Gators....and it f-ing sucks.

Reactions: 1 person
I didn't know what to make of Butch until this year.

The one thing I will say on Butch's behalf is he at least has upgraded the talent level of the roster.

But, he also has missed out on a golden opportunity for Tennessee.

If Florida has found their guy, then Florida will only get better and the East will not be as easy as it has been.

What you said unfortunately. Of course we are a bowl team but 6-6 ain't that awesome. And if we are 6-6 we play in a bowl against a wac team or mid level big ten team that we obviously will destroy and it seems like we are better than we are. I'm starting to see that teams are as good as their coaches are. That is even evident when vandy had franklin and now uk has stoops. We haven't had a good coach since fulmer and really 2004 was his last good coaching job. So it's been over a decade since we had excellent coaching.

meh...we'll see...every year or week it's someone new with you guys

Malzah first year....genius....how's that looking now?

Freeze....his teams are like yo-yos...same with Mullen

Mcelwain....just might be a good one but he's definitely benefiting by inheriting one of the strongest D's in the country....only time will tell...

Yep. I'd wait and see how he does over the long term. Is it his coaching or our epic collapse that gave them the momentum to 5-0? Teams can get on a roll and have a great run, but that doesn't necessarily make the coach a genius. Bowden at AU ring a bell? He might be the next Urban, but let's hold off annointing him just yet. I'm still hopeful Butch can turn things around. Just think he needs to be more a CEO like the mad hatter in LSU. Just hire great talent and let them do their thing.

It is sad but McElwain has achieved much for in his first five games for Florida than Butch and Dooley did in Six years.
He already has 3-0 SEC start which Butch and Dooley never saw.
He has now a win against Top 5 program which neither of our guys did.
He has already beaten two teams which he was not supposed to this season. Which Butch and Dooley only matched (2 SC games) in two seasons.

With Freshmen in Oline, unproven QB, not enough talent on WRs, average RB and good defense, McElwin is out there winning. He is not complaining about 'youth', 'rebuilding process' etc.

I hope Florida goes 5-7 from here on. It just sucks to have our luck. It may be Fulmer's cruse or something man.

I wonder now if Fulmer did put a hex on us as he left.

how so? you mean their freshman o line? their questionable qb? yea...they just have a coach.

You are correct. They hired a proven coach who knows how to manage a program. Now that I think of it, Txam, LSU, all top programs including bama have hired coaches who have hc experience and have beaten top teir programs at their last stops. Unlike Butch. They already perfected their style.

What McElwain has done with UFs offense, with three true freshman o-line has been incredible.

Coach of the year nationally so far in his first year.

What McElwain has done with UFs offense, with three true freshman o-line has been incredible.

Coach of the year nationally so far in his first year.

He's got us ahead of schedule, that's for sure. I didn't expect to see our offense looking this good so quickly.

The pre-season comparisons here between McElwain and Dooley were laughable. Anyone paying attention to Mac's resume knew the guy could coach.

He's got us ahead of schedule, that's for sure. I didn't expect to see our offense looking this good so quickly.

The pre-season comparisons here between McElwain and Dooley were laughable. Anyone paying attention to Mac's resume knew the guy could coach.

I forgot about the "Florida found its Dooley".

Like Muschamp wasn't Florida's Dooley

Two national titles as Bama's OC on his resume'. And i have a feeling he is about to start landing some of those offensive player phenoms that come out of Florida high schools every year and have been ending up at FSU and elsewhere lately.

Two national titles as Bama's OC on his resume'. And i have a feeling he is about to start landing some of those offensive player phenoms that come out of Florida high schools every year and have been ending up at FSU and elsewhere lately.

He definitely knows how to call plays. And I can see how his personality complimented evil nicky. But I am concerned with our own team. Why can't we hire a decent coach?

i mean mac had proven enough when we did some research we could find plenty of things to like about the hire mostly getting a team that sucked for a long time to 11 wins in 3 years and producing nfl talent

but for the most part people thought this was an underwhelming they saw CSU and thought LOL this is the best UF could do? lol and they paid for a big buyout LOL

but yea its looking like a pretty good hire now

lucky for vol fans you might have your next coach right across the state in fuente

i mean mac had proven enough when we did some research we could find plenty of things to like about the hire mostly getting a team that sucked for a long time to 11 wins in 3 years and producing nfl talent

but for the most part people thought this was an underwhelming they saw CSU and thought LOL this is the best UF could do? lol and they paid for a big buyout LOL

but yea its looking like a pretty good hire now

lucky for vol fans you might have your next coach right across the state in fuente

Only because of your gift last week. Get lost.

I forgot about the "Florida found its Dooley".

Like Muschamp wasn't Florida's Dooley

There were a lot of us who said McElwain was a good hire and had a way better resume than Doofus.

UF is still good because of their defense. Geoff Collins was a great hire and the pieces was there. Couple that with an innovative coach and there you go. My hats off to them.

It just shows what getting the right coach can do. All this trash about it taking 5 years to build a team is just that trash. Just gives a coach a lot of comfy time to suck..

Reactions: 2 people
McElwain also inherited one of the best defenses in the country. That's no joke. We are barely two years removed from having the worst defense in TN history.
Defense wins championships.

VN Store

Back