McDonald's all-Americans

I was dissing his first few seasons as a coach. The reason because she is constantly be dissed in her second season.

Then you chose a terrible example to make your point. Louisville was the national runner-up his second season, and again in his sixth...

Reactions: brassie
Then you chose a terrible example to make your point. Louisville was the national runner-up his second season, and again in his sixth...
He was also 14 and 18 in one season and lost 13 in another. So I'll diss him for that seems he is totally inconsistent as a coach. It wouldn't matter if Coach Harper got to the final four this season if she went 14 and 18 the next all hell would break loose about her coaching ability.

He was also 14 and 18 in one season and lost 13 in another. So I'll diss him for that seems he is totally inconsistent as a coach. It wouldn't matter if Coach Harper got to the final four this season if she went 14 and 18 the next all hell would break loose about her coaching ability.

tenor.gif

In comparison to Watz, here is Dawn Staley's record over 13 years at South Carolina.

2008โ€“09 South Carolina 10โ€“18 2โ€“12 11th
2009โ€“10 South Carolina 14โ€“15 7โ€“9 Tโ€“7th
2010โ€“11 South Carolina 18โ€“15 8โ€“8 Tโ€“5th WNIT 2nd Round
2011โ€“12 South Carolina 25โ€“10 10โ€“6 Tโ€“4th NCAA Sweet Sixteen
2012โ€“13 South Carolina 25โ€“8 11โ€“5 Tโ€“4th NCAA 2nd Round
2013โ€“14 South Carolina 29โ€“5 14โ€“2 1st NCAA Sweet Sixteen
2014โ€“15 South Carolina 34โ€“3 15โ€“1 Tโ€“1st NCAA Final Four
2015โ€“16 South Carolina 33โ€“2 16โ€“0 1st NCAA Sweet Sixteen
2016โ€“17 South Carolina 33โ€“4 14โ€“2 1st NCAA Champions
2017โ€“18 South Carolina 29โ€“7 12โ€“4 Tโ€“2nd NCAA Elite Eight
2018โ€“19 South Carolina 23โ€“10 13โ€“3 2nd NCAA Sweet Sixteen
2019โ€“20 South Carolina 32โ€“1 16โ€“0 1st NCAA Tournament cancelled due to COVID-19
2020โ€“21 South Carolina 15โ€“1 10โ€“0

South Carolina:320โ€“99 (.764)148โ€“52 (.740)

A pretty good record and one national championship, but is it better than Watz?

I get comparing the same time frame but when considering Dawn Staley you have to consider the fact she was HC at Temple for 8 years with a 172-80 record making the NCAA tourney all but two years. She accomplished this in the AAC a midsize conference where football I believe was Div 1AA (less money). She had one star player I remember (I might be wrong) Candice Dupree .....

And that's as close as he's gotten to a NC, and he's in his 13th season. Those standards would get him fired by many perfectionists in this forum.

But, hey..."only" losing nine games is setti g a pretty high bar to beat, so who knows?

Reactions: Lucy and VolBall09
I get comparing the same time frame but when considering Dawn Staley you have to consider the fact she was HC at Temple for 8 years with a 172-80 record making the NCAA tourney all but two years. She accomplished this in the AAC a midsize conference where football I believe was Div 1AA (less money). She had one star player I remember (I might be wrong) Candice Dupree .....
It was the Atlantic Ten, not the AAC.

Div I Power Conference compared to Div I Power Conference made more sense to me.

Good job by her at Temple for sure.

Reactions: gfan
And that's as close as he's gotten to a NC, and he's in his 13th season. Those standards would get him fired by many perfectionists in this forum.

But, hey..."only" losing nine games is setti g a pretty high bar to beat, so who knows?

This board has crazy high standards at times but I doubt anyone would be getting him fired by even the perfectionists in this forum.

It was more than "just" two championship games. He has been pretty consistent.

2 losses in the championship game (to UConn)
1 other appearance in the Final Four
2 Elite Eight
4 Sweet Sixteens
2 Second Rounds
1 really bad season

Reactions: glv98 and Darth_Vol
Jeff Walz for one. I think it was in the public forum that he wanted the job. I even think Kara Lawson would have been a better hire. She is the 3 on 3 coach for the Olympic team, so she knows many of the top players. She also has name recognition with the players of today. There are plenty of coaches. UNCโ€™s coach is going to be great! This was only going to be rebuild if you looked at it that way. Tennessee has everything you need to win big! The only thing they needed was someone to draw in the star players and develop them. Again, I get that some of us feel like we have to defend Kellie and she can do no wrong. I am totally behind her and want her to succeed...all Iโ€™m saying is if she keeps recruiting subpar, we are going to be a subpar team. Also, has Jordan Horston got better since last year? The only players I think have got better are KK and Rae. Rennia is steady, and the driving force. Where is the development with the rest of the players? They are still turning the ball over at an alarming rate. The jury is still out on recruiting. I think Kellie can develop, but they really need Key and Horston to take the next step in their evolution. Key has had her moments. Their is hope, but Iโ€™d feel a lot better if we had some stud players coming in next year.
Uh oh. Now youโ€™ve done it. Mentioned the golden calf Walz. We will undoubtedly have to hear from darth about how great he is. He will rave about his success. News flash playing in the SEC is a lot harder than playing in the ACC.

Reactions: ruvol

VN Store

Back