McCullough to STAR

All the buzz in the practice reports are about him so as of now I’d believe he’s the front runner for that spot
That would be a gift if he can replace butler’s production . Interior D spooks me

Do we still finish 7-5 then?
No.
8-4. We still have the 5th hardest schedule in the country.
Getting Dixon was huge. Like Hendon's transfer, or signing Bryce Thompson 3 months after NSD.

This added talent with a defense returning a bunch of guys that played will make a huge difference.

I think we outlast Pitt now.
Toss up with LSU, UGA, and losses to Bama and Gators.

No.
Getting Dixon was huge. Like Hendon's transfer, or signing Bryce Thompson 3 months after NSD.

This added talent with a defense returning a bunch of guys that played will make a huge difference.

Wow. "Outlast" Pitt? IMHO, it will be a bad sign if the Vols do not monkey stomp Pitt. They lost a ton at WR and lost the QB who basically turned the game last year. I don't think their D can stop UT's O.

Interesting that you think LSU and UGA on the road are toss ups but that UT loses to Bama and UF at home.

Gonna be fun for someone to revisit this prediction.

No.

Loss to Florida but Georgia is a toss up? Huh?

No.

If our defense is top 30 we are going 10-2.

To me, he got beat more times while appearing to be in position than anyone I've ever seen. He could be in a guy's shirt and they'd reach around him to catch the ball.

I honestly don't know what it is with him but I hope he fixes it. I have very little doubt that he's going to look like a starter in practice. Hopefully that's good... but it could be bad until someone shows more in games. Fortunately unlike the QB position, guys get subbed in at CB.

Agreed. He was in position 90% of the time but his technique to actually find the ball and make a play on it was the worst in college football history.

No.

If we can't beat the Gators this year then we won't beat them again for a long long time. This is the best year to get a win against them.

Loss to Florida but Georgia is a toss up? Huh?
Yeah.
And UGA will probably beat Florida...which has nothing to do with UFs dominance over UT.

Just like UK beat the gators in Gainesville...finished 10-3 beating Penn State a top 15 team at the time...but couldn't even best a 5-7 Tennessee team. We have their number. Gators have our number until further notice.

Wow. "Outlast" Pitt? IMHO, it will be a bad sign if the Vols do not monkey stomp Pitt. They lost a ton at WR and lost the QB who basically turned the game last year. I don't think their D can stop UT's O.

Interesting that you think LSU and UGA on the road are toss ups but that UT loses to Bama and UF at home.

Gonna be fun for someone to revisit this prediction.
Absolutely! Agree it will be fun.

No.

I don’t understand the love for Pitt nationally. Lost QB and one of best wr in country. Unless you’re Bama or Clemson or UGA talent elsewhere without a known commodity at qb…just don’t see it. Think SC could be tougher if their qb is legit. Generally I think we are under rated because people want to see more than one year …think we beat lsu, UF with losses to Bama and UGA and probably a slip up loss somewhere with SC or KY.

Reactions: SpookyAction
I don’t understand the love for Pitt nationally. Lost QB and one of best wr in country. Unless you’re Bama or Clemson or UGA talent elsewhere without a known commodity at qb…just don’t see it. Think SC could be tougher if their qb is legit. Generally I think we are under rated because people want to see more than one year …think we beat lsu, UF with losses to Bama and UGA and probably a slip up loss somewhere with SC or KY.
Heupel is all about preparation.
The bowl game didn't really speak to that....

But the rest of the season, yes. I mean to say, the people we were supposed to beat, we absolutely dog dragged! The push games (Pitt, Ole Miss, UK) we went 1-2.

Pitt still has a good QB. Also they have Narduzzi and an identity on defense.

Offensively they'll be more playaction run oriented this year.

They're still a talented team that is mentally tough and learning HOW to win.

Plus we're playing in their house. However, with we are team that is getting faster and faster and we have good veterans.

UT by 7 now with the addition of Dixon.
Had Pitt by 3 before.

What about McDonald in the rotation in the D backfield? He has played some snaps for 2 years. Does anyone have details on his development?

What about McDonald in the rotation in the D backfield? He has played some snaps for 2 years. Does anyone have details on his development?
might be 3rd deep?

I think he should have a serious convo with the coaches. Hopefully that leads to him redshirting and bulking up to compete or play immediately at ILB next season. before he decommitted from MSU, that was their plan for him.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Yeah.
And UGA will probably beat Florida...which has nothing to do with UFs dominance over UT.

Just like UK beat the gators in Gainesville...finished 10-3 beating Penn State a top 15 team at the time...but couldn't even best a 5-7 Tennessee team. We have their number. Gators have our number until further notice.

Fair. I don’t really agree that UT will lose to Florida, but I can respect your reasoning.

I think part of the problem has been that exact mentality. We build Florida up to be better than they are and it pervades the whole program. Florida isn’t elite. It’s time we stop treating them like they are. South Carolina pistol whipped them last year because they don’t put them on a pedestal. Missouri has had success against Florida for the same reason. Tennessee needs to turn the tables.

We need to put points on Pitt in the 1st to easily win. If not it will be close and that makes it interesting. Too interesting.

I've been watching Theo Jackson's plays from 2021, and I can't but think Jaylen McCullough would thrive in the role. He's not a deep cover safety imo and he needs to be in the box. The more I look at the the new athletes on the team, the more I feel like we need that on the field now. And Tank is a good player. He had 50 tackles and 3 ints last season

At STAR i think he would have like 70 tackles 4 ints and 3 sacks!

My staring Lineup is
SDE Barron 6'5 265
DT Bumphis 6'3 300
DT Thomas 6'4 310
LEO Young 6'3 245
SLB Mitchell 6 '2 230
ILB Banks 6'1 230
STAR McCullough 6'0 210
CB Hadden 6'1 195
CB Charles 6'1 190
S Flowers 5'11 200
S Turrentine 5'11 195
( 5 In-State guys)

I really like the skill and speed of this starting unit.

Beasley and Burrell will probably start the season but will gradually give way.
I hear Bumphis has slimmed down and might play SDE

Apparently he's gone from a 270ish pound LB to a 300ish pound DT and retained a lot of his quickness. The reports coming out are pretty exciting.
I think he got to 300 last year…I remember seeing it on the roster, maybe it was 290. Either way he’s apparently improving

I'll let coach, coach. Go vols. I hope he checks this thread to see what our thoughts are. Coach if you're reading, I will do my job and sit and watch. I'll be there Bama game smoking my cigar.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I'll let coach, coach. Go vols. I hope he checks this thread to see what our thoughts are. Coach if you're reading, I will do my job and sit and watch. I'll be there Bama game smoking my cigar.
No speculation or opinions allowed folks. Shut down the site Freak!

Jaylen is my favorite player since he was in HS. He’s been here a long time. At this point I don’t think it matters. Personally I think Turnage can do it he played great last year in limited time. He’s got enough dog in him to come up and make tackles. I don’t think this will happen but to me makes more sense then Jaylen coming down. Trevon and Jaylen are the backend.. I don’t see that changing

VN Store

Back