Maze likely at point guard; Prince gets MRI on shoulder

It's not like there's an option other than Maze right now.

Truth. Now if Pearl came out and said, "Well, Maze has been playing pretty good, but I think we're gonna give ole Steven Pearl a shot," I would have to think.... well, that CBP had been talking to CPF too much.

Didn't mention Negedu but said Woolridge is in the 9 man rotation. Is that rotation including West (if cleared) and Tatum when he returns?

Seriously, JP better have no injured himself again..

The projected lineup and rotation that I saw had Negedu list at only the Center position (behind Chism and Williams). And then the depth at PF was atrocious. It basically said that the only backups at the 4 position were Chism could slide over, or after that Steven Pearl. So Negedu's skill set and the system we runs means he wont see any time at the 4 spot? Andybody know if he is learning that spot at all?

i thought Negedu would get Loads of PT at the backup 4 spot.. and 5.. but i guess he's not coming as long as well as we thought ??

The current 9-man, with Prince and without West, must be:

1-Maze
2-Hopson
3-Prince
4-Smith (kinda funny that we can now just call him "Smith")
5-Chism
BN-Tabb, Tatum, Woolridge, Williams
OUT-West, Childress, Negedu, Jurick

The current 9-man, with Prince and without West, must be:

1-Maze
2-Hopson
3-Prince
4-Smith (kinda funny that we can now just call him "Smith")
5-Chism
BN-Tabb, Tatum, Woolridge, Williams
OUT-West, Childress, Negedu, Jurick

OUT- Pearl (missed him)

With the 9-man rotation looking like it does right now, all that talk of Tyler Smith playing the 3-spot can be thrown out the window. Not nearly enough depth in the 9-man rotation for him to slide out of the 4-spot.

But the info out right now is that Negedu does not have the skill set required to play the 4-spot in our system. He lacks the perimeter skills to fit our system in that spot right now.

Well, that is disappointing.
But, if he develops and gets PT at the 5, Chism can move to the 4. Chism played the 4 at times last season while Williams was on the game. That would enable Smith to play the 3, if CBP wants to do that.

Thats good to hear Wooldridge is coming along.. he even thought he might be a starter.. he must be pushing Prince for PT ! thats good news.. i love the fact that we have a stud in Tatum coming off the bench.. along with Williams.. he's gonna beast it up this year

I really hate the thought of seeing JP at point. I just do not see that being his game based on what I've seen of him. He just doesn't value the ball enough. His ball handling and passing can be very sloppy at times. His strength seems to be slashing to the rim.

I really hate the thought of seeing JP at point. I just do not see that being his game based on what I've seen of him. He just doesn't value the ball enough. His ball handling and passing can be very sloppy at times. His strength seems to be slashing to the rim.

What other option do we have? The fact that West's eligibility is up in the air means we will have to deal with a healthy dose of JP at the point. I'm more worried about what we'll do if Maze goes down, and we're stuck starting JP and then backing him up with someone.

Last edited:
What other option do we have? The fact that West's eligibility is up in the air means we will have to deal with a healthy dose of JP at the point.

I know. I 'll be ready to cringe. I hope he's gotten better at the point, ball handling and passing. It's not as bad if the guards are playing off him but if they are applying pressure and trapping, well we got to see that last year and it wasn't pretty.

I hope Prince gets better but if he doesnt that means Woolridge may even start the first exhibition game if Tatum is still out.. Probably not tho, i can see Tabb starting at the 2 and Scotty at the 3 or Tyler at the 3 and Chism and Williams down low

VN Store

Back