Mays said Hooker had four teeth knocked out in the Bama game

bigdaddy

The Bull3tspung
Staff member
I was assuming he was referencing this play. I remember it like it happened yesterday. Blatant targeting right in front of a referee that quickly looked away so he didn’t have to throw the flag.

I remember this getting submitted to the SEC and nothing was done about it. I just don’t see how this is not classic targeting and a late hit.

DC_Vol

Nothing wrong with silver!
I remember this getting submitted to the SEC and nothing was done about it. I just don’t see how this is not classic targeting and a late hit.
Textbook launching with a dangerous hit to the underside of Hooker’s helmet. It happened right in front of a referee who was looking at that side of the play.

bigorangepoppa

Textbook launching with a dangerous hit to the underside of Hooker’s helmet. It happened right in front of a referee who was looking at that side of the play.
That is a play that the replay booth can stop play and call the penalty from the booth. No way that should not have been reviewed upstairs and Moore ejected from the game. It's no wonder everyone thinks Sankey is in Saban's back pocket.

Visiting Dawg

The dude launched upwards. He knew what he was doing. Of course the refs just let that happen. I remember a play a couple years ago where we sacked Bamas qb and our lineman put his hand on the qbs shoulder to help himself off the ground and the refs called that a flag.
Yep, a DT getting held by an OT scrapes a QBs head while he's trying to tip a pass gets 15 yards and that gets nothing???

titansvolsfaninga

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV
The dude launched upwards. He knew what he was doing. Of course the refs just let that happen. I remember a play a couple years ago where we sacked Bamas qb and our lineman put his hand on the qbs shoulder to help himself off the ground and the refs called that a flag.
Darrell Taylor.....yep.

wmcovol

Haven't seen this discussed.

“We went down to Alabama and it kinda speaks to the character of Hendon. He’s a guy who’s tough and cares so much about the team,” Mays said. “There was a play where it was a pretty blatant, he threw the ball and then it was kind of a later hit and it was more to the head area. It knocked like 4 of his teeth out. This was probably like the second quarter of the game or something. He continued on and played like he wasn’t even fazed at all. That was a cool story and kind of a testament of who he is.”
Cooper Mays shares incredible story of Hendon Hooker getting his teeth knocked out vs. Alabama
It was the worst targeting I saw last year & Sankey’s crew let it pass cause the Bama thug had gotten tossed the week before if I recall correctly.

JohnWardForever

Haven't seen this discussed.

“We went down to Alabama and it kinda speaks to the character of Hendon. He’s a guy who’s tough and cares so much about the team,” Mays said. “There was a play where it was a pretty blatant, he threw the ball and then it was kind of a later hit and it was more to the head area. It knocked like 4 of his teeth out. This was probably like the second quarter of the game or something. He continued on and played like he wasn’t even fazed at all. That was a cool story and kind of a testament of who he is.”
Cooper Mays shares incredible story of Hendon Hooker getting his teeth knocked out vs. Alabama
bama is know for that dirty chit. DELIBERATELY took Tony Robinson out; Bennett broke his leg. I quote Johnny Majors when referring to them. "Bucking Fastards".

wmcovol

bama is know for that dirty chit. DELIBERATELY took Tony Robinson out; Bennett broke his leg. I quote Johnny Majors when referring to them. "Bucking Fastards".

It was Curt Jarvis. And he did go for the knee. When TR rolled over in pain, it was the loudest roar from the Legion Field scum of the day.

Backwards K

Robinson was injured on a play in the middle of the field. He was being chased from behind while scrambling away from the rush. He tried to make a move on a linebacker as the defender from behind hit him in the back just as the linebacker was making the tackle down low. Tony's foot apparently was planted on the turf and his knee was locked straight and he was hit in the thigh. Very unfortunate injury for the Vols but it was just a football play. I don't remember anything controversial about it at the time.

JohnWardForever

It was Curt Jarvis. And he did go for the knee. When TR rolled over in pain, it was the loudest roar from the Legion Field scum of the day.
NOPE. You wrong SIR. Cornelius Bennett. I watched it. Hated Bennett ever since. Be sure you know before you correct.
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) _ Tennessee’s star quarterback Tony Robinson suffered a knee injury in a 16-14 victory over Alabama Saturday and will be sidelined indefinitely, Vols officials said after the game.

Robinson went to the sidelines early in the fourth quarter and sat with an ice pack covering his right knee.

The knee was to be examined more extensively Sunday and Monday.

Robinson suffered the injury when he was nailed for a 3-yard loss by Cornelius Bennett on the first play of the fourth quarter. At least two other Alabama players assisted on the play as Robinson was sandwiched among them. Well, they called it a Knee Injury, so what the hell???

Last edited:

VN Store