Mayo to Texans as HC potentially?

I don’t care that much about the NFL. I typically pull for whoever had more VOLS. Am too emotionally invested in Tennessee to take NFL seriously
I lived in Denver for a while, where the Broncos are HUGE. I told many people that in the South, the NFL is little more than a “Where are they now…” special for your favorite college players.

You are correct. It's better than it was 30 years ago but every stat and study shows it's still an issue. You can bury your head in the sand but those are the cold, hard facts. Mayo would not have the same leash, he has less of a cushion if he stumbles, and he would have a harder time getting a second chance than other candidates. This is 30 years of data speaking. If Mike Vrabel fails to make the Super Bowl this year and goes 10-7 next year, he won't get the Jim Caldwell or Tony Dungy treatment. If Mayo really wants to be a head coach, he needs to realize whether it should be in Houston where he is absolutely set up for failure.

Jeff Fisher survived 5-11 and 4-12 and got 5 seasons in STL and he was nothing the coach that Dungy or Caldwell was.

Regarding Flores, you didn't hear a peep about this until he was fired. How much of this is the front office trying to deflect their poor decisions (i.e taking a noodle armed, brittle Tua over Justin Herbert) and how much of it is truth? Again, you are hearing one side of the story. If the front office version is correct, then Flores saw what most everyone else saw: Tua isn't a QB to build around. (If you want my opinion, the answer probably lies in the middle here)

1 of 32 is the only stat I need. The Houston Texas won 4 games in 2020, lost their five best players in Mercilus, Watt, Hopkins, Fuller, and Watson. The new coach won the same number of games with a decimated roster and was the first coach in franchise history to be fired after 1 season. The guy responsible for decimating this roster and known for abrasive power plays is up for jobs this offseason. Is Culley up for any? And to bring this around to Mayo, what happens if he only wins 4 games next year or 5? That roster is absolute garbage. Will he get the David Culley treatment or will he get the Dom Capers or Gary Kubiak treatment?
Joe Judge is white and just got canned after two years. Matt Nagy is white and just got canned after three years. Vic Fangio is white and just got canned after three years. Urban Meyer is white and got canned in less than a year. So your argument does not hold water.

Flores was doing a good job and shouldn't have been fired just based on performance. That said, if Stephen Ross has decided he wants Watson and Flores thought he could overrule that, that was not the best decision pragmatically speaking.

If someone isn't a big NFL fan or has a favorite team, I get it. :)
I'll confess, I'm not a huge fan, nothing political about it. When I was growing up I was, cowboys as a little kid, but loved the 49er's once I started really understanding the game, and discovered Joe Montana. I pulled for the colts and Broncos because of Peyton, just had gotten more into college football. I only watch occasionally now, but I do like Joe burrow, I'm weird about it I know 🤣

As a Titans fan I hate the Texans but I hope he gets it. He was an absolute junkyard dog when he played here. Always liked Jerod.

VN Store

Back