Maybe Rick Barnes can hire Cuonzo Martin as an assist

volbound1700

It is a win-win.

Cuonzo was always good in postseason but terrible regular season coach

Barnes is a great regular season coach but terrible postseason coach.

I don’t think are fanbase will ever grasp how hard it is to win 6 games in a row in March against teams who fought all season to be there and also do not want their season to end in one game…someday our fans will appreciate Rick for what he has done for the program but until then we have these type of fans to deal with lol

I don’t think are fanbase will ever grasp how hard it is to win 6 games in a row in March against teams who fought all season to be there and also do not want their season to end in one game…someday our fans will appreciate Rick for what he has done for the program but until then we have these type of fans to deal with lol

I understand one-time deals but Tennessee has failed to make a run in over 100 years of basketball. Even schools like George Mason, VCU, South Carolina, etc. have made runs.

I am not saying fire Barnes, I just think we need to shake some things up.

Or win two games in a row!

I understand one-time deals but Tennessee has failed to make a run in over 100 years of basketball. Even schools like George Mason, VCU, South Carolina, etc. have made runs.

I am not saying fire Barnes, I just think we need to shake some things up.
Do you really think those coaches were the main reason those runs were made? Sometimes teams just get hot at the right time you realize coaches don’t shoot or defend out there right? We get it Barnes has done poor in March but at least he gets us there every year to give them a chance, but if you want a Frank Martin type where we go to the tournament 1 time every 5 years then I don’t know what to say other then that is retarded…

Well, maybe the NCAA tournament committee hates us. They pick a Cinderella and make it where we will meet them. Look at Kentucky...hah, hah, St. Peters is in the elite 8! Wow, they really screwed them with that matchup too. I remember the early 80's where they always made us meet Virginia with Ralph Sampson. That Dude from Purdue in 2019 could make shots blind-folded. We either get the Cinderella or get the hot team while we get cold at the wrong time. It builds on itself...sorta like Florida in football. We have no fear until it's an NCAA tournament game. The underdogs have no fear because they are supposed to lose. The pressure is on the favored team. The whole format does have it's weaknesses, now more than ever. The smaller schools have players that have been together for years, while the elite schools have one and done players. That's why you have your St. Peters, Butlers, etc. Does the best team ultimately win?? Some years yes, other years no. USA Hockey in 1980. Coach was right when he said if we played 10 times they'd win 9!

Reactions: OllVol
Well, maybe the NCAA tournament committee hates us. They pick a Cinderella and make it where we will meet them. Look at Kentucky...hah, hah, St. Peters is in the elite 8! Wow, they really screwed them with that matchup too. I remember the early 80's where they always made us meet Virginia with Ralph Sampson. That Dude from Purdue in 2019 could make shots blind-folded. We either get the Cinderella or get the hot team while we get cold at the wrong time. It builds on itself...sorta like Florida in football. We have no fear until it's an NCAA tournament game. The underdogs have no fear because they are supposed to lose. The pressure is on the favored team. The whole format does have it's weaknesses, now more than ever. The smaller schools have players that have been together for years, while the elite schools have one and done players. That's why you have your St. Peters, Butlers, etc. Does the best team ultimately win?? Some years yes, other years no. USA Hockey in 1980. Coach was right when he said if we played 10 times they'd win 9!

You are bringing back memories referencing Ralph Sampson and UVA. I was an avid UNC living in Roanoke, VA. I was surrounded by Cavalier fans & didn’t follow UT sports. I was a about 10 -12 yrs old during Sampson’s tenure and recall the UVA faithful wanting to fire Coach Holland for failing to make one final four with 7’4 Sampson at center.

UVA went to the final four the year after Sampson graduated.

Reactions: OllVol
Guess I’m missing how who he hires for an assistant coach has anything in the world to do with how far we go in the tourney. Guys been to tourney 4 times with zero final fours and zero champ games. But yeah he’s the difference.

Do you really think those coaches were the main reason those runs were made? Sometimes teams just get hot at the right time you realize coaches don’t shoot or defend out there right? We get it Barnes has done poor in March but at least he gets us there every year to give them a chance, but if you want a Frank Martin type where we go to the tournament 1 time every 5 years then I don’t know what to say other then that is retarded…

I would take a Frank Martin situation. At least we wouldn't be an embarrassment by being in the top 5 in tournament appearances without a Final Four. I would miss 5 post seasons to make a Final Four.

This sums up why Tennessee basketball fails in one sentence. We need to have a team that won't get cold. That is how we will advance.

Reactions: kptvol1452

VN Store

Back