Maybe it's me

JG did not have time to think much less throw. An average of under 2.5 seconds to throw and throw in receivers not working to get open.

But I’ll take your all word for it just like you all said about Peterman while he was here.

But Is CJC show casing JT Shrout.s arm? More pass plays with JT than JG.... Maybe I'm over thinking it but man what a crisp release and rifle arm. I think there might be something in the works that may not sit well with JG. I'm a huge JG supporter but JT looks the part...... Onh my word this will cause a melt down on the board but JT looks the part, I understand it's 2's on 2's but CJC is letting him throw the ball more...... Maybe I'm over thinking this.......talk me off the ledge
tenor.gif

I am still hopeful that JG can "get it". He definitely has a couple or three coaches now who can help. If he can't get it right now... it is on him.

He was part of why the O was bad.

He doesn't read D's well which contributes to him being slow to make decisions. He looked better in the 2nd half of the scrimmage. But it was mentioned repeatedly that his decisions need to be quicker. That's ultimately a function of making good, confident, quick reads.

UT will be limited unless he improves from last year. That's also true of the OL. Slightly less true of the RB's and TE's. and only slightly true of the WR's.

Know? No. But coaches don't usually disallow players from doing parts of their job that if done well would make the team considerably better.

I'm not trying to insult you... but a QB who is indecisive and doesn't read blitzes well and doesn't hit hot receivers and doesn't manage the pocket well... can just as easily make an OL look bad as an OL that misses assignments can make a QB look bad. Pruitt mentioned that too before halftime yesterday... something concerning the pocket not being managed well.

A few years back... UT had a Simms at QB. People were trashing the OL left and right. They took shots at Simms too but "How was he supposed to play behind such a terrible OL?" Then mid season, UT begins starting Bray. Bray was coached up by Chaney above all things to get the ball out. Suddenly... lo and behold... the OL didn't suck so bad any more.

An indecisive QB can make an OL look MUCH worse than it actually is.
You haven’t insulted me. I agree that JG has to work on taking sacks and identifying the outside blitz. I also think there is a young QB that is better than him but I hope they don’t put him in unless the O-line issuers are corrected. I would hate to see BM be abused like JG has been because the O-line can’t pass protect or run block. Not sure that there are many QBs in all of football that could take that beating. The O-line has to be fixed or we better get a DT QB.

Reactions: Big Al Orange

VN Store

Back