Maybe it's me

Hopefully we see the same this year. To be honest though wasnt really expecting anything from the offenses considering it’s a new offense. Offense usually won’t gel til fall camp. I was more eager to see improvement across the oline which is what we saw the upgrade at left tackle was very apparent. Still a getting to much pressure off the edge on the right tackle spot. I think we can clean most of that up though. The defense has more of an issue to me though because it just looks like we don’t have the bodies at line backer and across the dline particularly at the nt spot. We had a lot of single blocks in the middle. I know it’s only spring but I mean do we have any other bodies coming in this fall that can make that spot better. With all that being said I’m just glad I got to see some football in tenn. I think we’re gonna be better than last year. We looked better than we did last year in season so I think we make a bowl. Lol

Well we have 3 more OL left I think that will come in August. The question is whether it will make a difference or not based on if they start this year or not. Could be a good possibility a couple do start at least in the first 3 games of the season if they have to make any adjustments.

I think we will improve to at least 6 wins with a possibility of 8 wins in the regular season. Anything less than 6 will be a huge disappointment.

Last edited:
I
Well we have 3 more OL left I think that will come in August. The question is whether it will make a difference to not based on if they start this year or not. Could be a good possibility a couple do start at least in the first 3 games of the season if they have to make any adjustments.

I think we will improve to at least 6 wins with a possibility of 8 wins in the regular season. Anything less than 6 will be a huge disappointment.
i completely agree with u. I know we have some room for improvement but I think we should be somewhere between 6-8 wins. 5 wins would be a major disappointment.

Might want to get word to Pruitt since he’s clearly got him earmarked as his starter for Tennessee, an SEC school. JG ain’t a great SEC QB (spoiler alert, most SEC QBs aren’t), but he sure as hell is an SEC QB.
Pruitt knows it too. Anyone with eyes and a modicum if intellictual honesty can see it. But you can pretend otherwise if you choose to. Free country and all.

Pruitt knows it too. Anyone with eyes and a modicum if intellictual honesty can see it. But you can pretend otherwise if you choose to. Free country and all.

To be an SEC QB is the same as being an NFL top 3rd rd picked QBs. The lighting in the bottle, “Heisman Hyped” type QB is what we expect from the starter. Right now JG is offthe radar when it comes to the Heisman, after Ga game I expect him to be on the watch list.

He has all the talent that is needed. He just needs some fine tuning. We’ll see how CJC earns his money. Same goes for Tee.

I think Guarantano will be heavily pressured to produce. Coaches have heavily invested in him and certainly, now expect results. The youngsters have shown they are dangerously capable enough for the coaches to dare to bring either in if necessary. I like JG so I'm going to stick my neck out and say he will play with success and urgency. On account he knows it's do or die now.

Last edited:
But Is CJC show casing JT Shrout.s arm? More pass plays with JT than JG.... Maybe I'm over thinking it but man what a crisp release and rifle arm. I think there might be something in the works that may not sit well with JG. I'm a huge JG supporter but JT looks the part...... Onh my word this will cause a melt down on the board but JT looks the part, I understand it's 2's on 2's but CJC is letting him throw the ball more...... Maybe I'm over thinking this.......talk me off the ledge
It's called a spring game. Vanilla. Chill

Reactions: RollerVol
Lightning?

Vols defense not going hit anyone hard enough to cause an injury , come on we are light years away from being good / solid RECRIUT RECRUIT RECRUIT we need
players and playmakers both side of football...………………...GO VOLS

I thought both Shrout and Maurer looked ok. Nothing special but solid. I think with Maurer, he just needs more time in the program.

As always, the success of our offense will rely on the ability of the OL. Speaking of the OL, does anyone else think Jahmir Johnson looks really small?

Guarantano looked significantly better than either one of them. Not saying they were bad, but still he was better. Maurer also looked better than Shrout, who had the worst day of the 3.
Got to play with the 1st team. Had that been live action, without the protection, he would have been killed. Guy is horrible at recognizing anything at the line and checking out. Chaney’s offense is liberal for QB and I have no doubt they scripted some blitzes and looks to see if JG would recognize. He didn’t.
Later in the game I think they went vanilla, which is where he did his damage.

Reactions: LittleVol and lynnh
To be an SEC QB is the same as being an NFL top 3rd rd picked QBs. The lighting in the bottle, “Heisman Hyped” type QB is what we expect from the starter. Right now JG is offthe radar when it comes to the Heisman, after Ga game I expect him to be on the watch list.

He has all the talent that is needed. He just needs some fine tuning. We’ll see how CJC earns his money. Same goes for Tee.
So, if JG doesn’t get any better it’s CJC or Tee’s fault? Or, is it still the OL or the WR corps that can’t catch his excellent throws? Asking for a friend...

Reactions: CA_Vol

Wait, are you actually saying JG is going to be a Heisman candidate? You owe me a new phone, because I just spit coffee all over mine.

Would like to know from a player's standpoint if spring game is (as Alabama players describe it) "like kissing your sister".

Last edited:
Reactions: RollerVol
He’s definitely an SEC QB....how good of an SEC QB is the question. Not awful, not great. Flashes of brilliance sometimes, poor play at other times. You may want him to be Tua or Murray or Fromm but he ain’t those guys. He’s also not the pathetic, non-SEC QB guys like you say he is. He’s somewhere in the middle, and you better hope he improves parts of his game like I do, ‘cause he’s the man this year barring some bad injury. And anyone with a modicum of intellectual honesty can see that.

He’s definitely an SEC QB....how good of an SEC QB is the question. Not awful, not great. Flashes of brilliance sometimes, poor play at other times. You may want him to be Tua or Murray or Fromm but he ain’t those guys. He’s also not the pathetic, non-SEC QB guys like you say he is. He’s somewhere in the middle, and you better hope he improves parts of his game like I do, ‘cause he’s the man this year barring some bad injury. And anyone with a modicum of intellectual honesty can see that.
I think he is likely “the man” this year. That’s why we will be a 7-5 team. Because he doesn’t have the capacity to overcome our other shortcomings. I don’t hate the guy. I hope he proves me wrong. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see Maurer mid-season either.

Reactions: Big Al Orange

VN Store

Back