Maurers ex gf airing out laundry

May some good scrambles to get away from pressure in 1st half. Showing nearly perfect pinpoint accuracy. You must be watching another game LOL.
What you’re not realizing is he’s a 4 year starter in that offense you’re looking at. He starts over next year in an entirely different one along with the speed of the game getting faster vs upperclassmen. No knock on your opinion but freshman as a whole are at a severe disadvantage

No. Not at all. He's made some good throws but I wouldn't say "perfect" or "pinpoint". And again... he isn't playing an SEC D.
I would say 95% plus on target. He is the real deal. Better now than anything we have.

Last edited:
What you’re not realizing is he’s a 4 year starter in that offense you’re looking at. He starts over next year in an entirely different one along with the speed of the game getting faster vs upperclassmen. No knock on your opinion but freshman as a whole are at a severe disadvantage
He is better than anything we have.

You would’ve said all the same things watching Maurer in his senior year as well. I’m just saying it’s different in the SEC
Duh ! It is different for all High School recruits. It was different for Trevor Lawrence. Bailey we will start sometime next year and it will be all over then for the current Vol Qb’s on the roster unless Bailey gets injured. Maurer did not put up the numbers Bailey has put up and I bet he did not play against the competition Bailey has. That Lowndes team is a great team. They probably could beat Georgia State or at least give them a game. Marietta won tonight because they had 3 players in which Lowndes could not match up against.

Reactions: lexkyvol
Duh ! It is different for all High School recruits. It was different for Trevor Lawrence. Bailey we will start sometime next year and it will be all over then for the current Vol Qb’s on the roster unless Bailey gets injured. Maurer did not put up the numbers Bailey has put up and I bet he did not play against the competition Bailey has. That Lowndes team is a great team. They probably could beat Georgia State or at least give them a game. Marietta won tonight because they had 3 players in which Lowndes could not match up against.
I didn’t respond to you to argue. It’s ok that you feel the way you do. He’s a good qb so I’ll just leave it be.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Completely disagree. He doesn't have great arm strength... and again that wasn't an SEC defense he played against.
That defense had several D1 players according to the broadcast. Arm strength looked good enough to me, definitely SEC
caliber and accuracy was impressive. Arm strength is not the most important factor for great Qb play. Peyton Manning says hello.

I didn’t respond to you to argue. It’s ok that you feel the way you do. He’s a good qb so I’ll just leave it be.
Before tonight I would have not made the statements I have this evening. After watching the game my opinion has changed. Someone stated Lowndes had been rated as #3 nationally and was heavily favored over Marietta. Bailey carved them up in the first half and really could have been up 28 points at halftime.

That defense had several D1 players according to the broadcast. Arm strength looked good enough to me, definitely SEC
caliber and accuracy was impressive. Arm strength is not the most important factor for great Qb play. Peyton Manning says hello.
Manning had very good arm strength. I just didn't see the velocity with HB. I only saw a couple of deep balls but they weren't impressive.

We will see soon enough but barring injury to at least two other guys I see him RSing. Nothing wrong with that. I just don't see an instant impact guy. I've been wrong before but don't think I am this time.

I also hate his footwork at the snap. That will have to be fixed before he plays.

Manning had very good arm strength. I just didn't see the velocity with HB. I only saw a couple of deep balls but they weren't impressive.

We will see soon enough but barring injury to at least two other guys I see him RSing. Nothing wrong with that. I just don't see an instant impact guy. I've been wrong before but don't think I am this time.

I also hate his footwork at the snap. That will have to be fixed before he plays.
Manning was only rated about average in arm strength but accuracy and timing is a different story. It is what’s upstairs though which makes great Qb’s. Regarding snap footwalk it appeared that most snaps were close to Bailey’s knees and he would have to bend down some to catch the ball. It was awkward looking.

She’s hot. Just saying. Lol. And now she has her own thread on vol nation. Seriously though, I’m sure every player flirts with transferring if they are a starter. Hell some starters transfer. As a true freshman he should definitely stick it out for at least another year and see how things shake out. There’s certainly no guarantee he’d win the job at LSU or anywhere else really

Before tonight I would have not made the statements I have this evening. After watching the game my opinion has changed. Someone stated Lowndes had been rated as #3 nationally and was heavily favored over Marietta. Bailey carved them up in the first half and really could have been up 28 points at halftime.
Well I personally disagree. I think we have every bit the talent he is plus some in the locker room as we sit. It’s just opinions and only time will tell.

Manning was only rated about average in arm strength but accuracy and timing is a different story. It is what’s upstairs though which makes great Qb’s. Regarding snap footwalk it appeared that most snaps were close to Bailey’s knees and he would have to bend down some to catch the ball. It was awkward looking.

Are you Ryan Leafs agent or only remembering the twilight of his career?

Excerpt: Drafting Peyton Manning Polian book excerpt: Manning over Leaf in '98

"Tom put Peyton through the arm-strength drill, and his pass to the 50-yard line was on a rope. Peyton's arm was among the strongest I have seen. It maybe was not quite as strong as Jim Kelly's, but certainly strong enough. Interestingly, Peyton threw what we call a "heavy ball," meaning it has a lot of rotation on it, which was quite interesting because guys with weaker arms usually don't throw a heavy ball. When you catch a heavy ball, your hands sting because it comes out with some heat on it."

Last edited:
Reactions: sjt18
Are your Ryan Leafs agent or only remembering the twilight of his career?

Excerpt: Drafting Peyton Manning Polian book excerpt: Manning over Leaf in '98

"Tom put Peyton through the arm-strength drill, and his pass to the 50-yard line was on a rope. Peyton's arm was among the strongest I have seen. It maybe was not quite as strong as Jim Kelly's, but certainly strong enough. Interestingly, Peyton threw what we call a "heavy ball," meaning it has a lot of rotation on it, which was quite interesting because guys with weaker arms usually don't throw a heavy ball. When you catch a heavy ball, your hands sting because it comes out with some heat on it."
I based my opinion on what was said about Manning throughout his career in broadcasts even before his neck surgury. I probably watched 80-90 percent of his NFL games and it was usually mentioned that he was not near the top in NFL arm strength. This is not a knock on him , it actually enhances his career accomplishments.

I based my opinion on what was said about Manning throughout his career in broadcasts even before his neck surgury. I probably watched 80-90 percent of his NFL games and it was usually mentioned that he was not near the top in NFL arm strength. This is not a knock on him , it actually enhances his career accomplishments.

Perhaps, but his arm was at least as strong as Brady and Brees. And clearly elite at the college level.

Best arm strength I can remember was Jamarcus Russell...

Perhaps, but his arm was at least as strong as Brady and Brees. And clearly elite at the college level.

Bree’s yes, I think Brady was stronger in the 2nd half of their respective careers.

I think coming out of college Brady was classified “weak” in nearly every measurable (if I remember his “A Football Life” correctly.
a
Apparently the ratings for NFL arm strength are comparable to HS recruit ratings. Brady definitely demonstrated a strong arm in the NFL. Heath Shuler is another example of inaccuracies regarding arm strength ratings. In college his arm strength was hyped to mythical proportions. When he entered the draft , NFL analysts rated his arm strength below many of the other NFL Qb recruits in the draft year. I read this and thought WTH , how did that happen ?

a
Apparently the ratings for NFL arm strength are comparable to HS recruit ratings. Brady definitely demonstrated a strong arm in the NFL. Heath Shuler is another example of inaccuracies regarding arm strength ratings. In college his arm strength was hyped to mythical proportions. When he entered the draft , NFL analysts rated his arm strength below many of the other NFL Qb recruits in the draft year. I read this and thought WTH , how did that happen ?
If I’m not mistaken 60-65 yards is considered above average 65-70 is strong and 70+ is Superman.

If I’m not mistaken 60-65 yards is considered above average 65-70 is strong and 70+ is Superman.
I never seen that rating so IDK. I remember Randall Cunningham winning a NFL QB long ball event by throwing 66 yds if I remember correctly. That was back in the mid to late 80’s.

I never seen that rating so IDK. I remember Randall Cunningham winning a NFL QB long ball event by throwing 66 yds if I remember correctly. That was back in the mid to late 80’s.
That could be. Athletes are getting bigger, stronger and faster. I know Jamarcus Russell was said to have the strongest arm the elite 11 ever seen at somewhere around 75+ yards. And it’s not a “rating” as much just a general rule of thumb.

Jalen Hurts says HI. And as far as Brady there is no guarantee any OC/DC is at a team "the next year" if you have the kind of year he has with that team. Brent Venables and Bud Foster type of guys are few and far between and everybody from NFL owners looking for a Coordinator to other NCAA teams looking for a head coach will be knocking. If I drafted Burrow my next call would be to Joe Bradys agent.

He's not going anywhere. Get a grip.

VN Store

Back