Maurer vs. Shrout vs. JG (merged)

Lots of comments tonite concerning QB options. State your case using stats or provable opinion.

Start Maurer. In the Fl game our QB made 3 mistakes that cost 21 pts and gave up 3 pts. The missed throw to wide open TE cost 7 pts. The fastball to JJ cost 7 pts. The miscommunication with a wide open Calloway cost 7 pts and gave Fl short field that resulted in a field goal for 3 pts. Totally different game with play calls and different player mentality for the players in a one score game. This offense can not afford to miss any scoring opportunities. I believe the players actually played with a better effort when Maurer went in. The game was moving too fast for BM but with time to know he is starting he should settle down after a few hits.
Others?

The “fastball” wasn’t JG’s fault. It was a well thrown ball to a covered receiver.

I think most people agree you roll with BM at this point, but the problem with that is you have a true freshman playing with the burden of the 3 year starter sitting behind him. He knows after a few mistakes, JG checks back in to lead the team. It’s inevitable. There is, of course, the off chance that BM comes in and lights it up, but I doubt it.

I think we are just screwed at the QB position right now. Which really sucks because to win in the SEC you need really good QB play. The lone exception to this I guess would be Franks last year, but for all his faults and dumb decision making, that dude could move the ball down the field.

Last edited:
Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
State Your Case

just-win-baby-5b91f1.jpg

Reactions: Zues1

VN Store

Back