Maurer Transferring - Official

Hence the word “starts”. Because in football the qb position is the only position that there is only one of and therefore only one prepared. Not so absurd. Actual fact
That's kinda what I think about Milton. People say he is a 4th year player but he was never going to start at Michigan till 2020 and he only started 5 games tore the ligament in throwing thumb after first game and so this year is his first real go at it. Of those 5 starts he was pulled early in the last and we know what has happened here so he has alot of dust on him maybe that's what Heupel see's.

Reactions: 1vol8
That's kinda what I think about Milton. People say he is a 4th year player but he was never going to start at Michigan till 2020 and he only started 5 games tore the ligament in throwing thumb after first game and so this year is his first real go at it. Of those 5 starts he was pulled early in the last and we know what has happened here so he has alot of dust on him maybe that's what Heupel see's.
It’s possible it could just be rust. But you have people from Michigan reporting exactly what we’ve seen before he ever played a down? That’s evidence worth noting when forming an opinion.

Reactions: murfvol1
Oh ok lol

Kid was a headcase, immature & more worried about getting a new tattoo than learning the position
Tyler bray and Eric ainge both had issues off field and were excellent Qbs… Mauer was a gamer and a gunslinger and ran good… he woulda played well under heup and put up big numbers.

It’s possible it could just be rust. But you have people from Michigan reporting exactly what we’ve seen before he ever played a down? That’s evidence worth noting when forming an opinion.
We have those same type of “people” who will be “reporting” what THEY’VE “seen” of Brian when he reaches his next stop. Key words THEY’VE SEEN. Fans and reporting and grades and slaws. Buy stock.

Reactions: lexkyvol and KptVFL
We have those same type of “people” who will be “reporting” what THEY’VE “seen” of Brian when he reaches his next stop. Key words THEY’VE SEEN. Fans and reporting and grades and slaws. Buy stock.
Oh but there’s a huge difference. At Brian’s next stop, If given the opportunity, he will be prepared when he plays again. When he was prepared he was a totally different quarterback and we all know it. So what they will get in spite of those reports Is the quarterback we seen versus Georgia, Mississippi State, Alabama, and Kentucky. Not the Unprepared quarterback of Indiana, Arkansas

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Oh but there’s a huge difference. At Brian’s next stop, If given the opportunity, he will be prepared when he plays again. When he was prepared he was a totally different quarterback and we all know it. So what they will get in spite of those reports Is the quarterback we seen versus Georgia, Mississippi State, Alabama, and Kentucky. Not the Unprepared quarterback of Indiana, Arkansas
First thing I thought when I started reading this “Milton’s a fourth year QB” was your assertion that not getting starter reps hinders development. So unless he wins the starting job immediately, he falls into the same well? Noted your “if given the opportunity”. Lot of “to be seen”. First throw in a Spring game where the WR turns the wrong way and it gets intercepted? ChizzleRajunCajun might consult with his VN pen pal on instant analysis. 😉

The last sentence is just as true as the rest. He may very well have been the most capable quarterback in that room for what UT needs
he's not better than Hooker or Bailey. he def can run, but passing......heck no. not even close

he was crap vs ky, thus JG replacing him. miss st, didnt he throw 2 picks?

Lol okay you have your opinion I have mine… we can agree to disagree Mauer’s issues at UT had 0 to do with talent in my eyes.
one of the worst assessments on that situation. reading defenses is part of qb talent and he got a D- to a F on that. accuracy also is a talent. he was more accurate than what we've seen of milton, but hooker and bailey are def more accurate passers

he's not better than Hooker or Bailey. he def can run, but passing......heck no. not even close
Let’s play a game of you pick.

You have a qb that completes over 50% of his passes to the second and third levels. Hardly ever checks down to the first level and can run like a deer.

Vs

A qb that completes 70% of his passes to the first level and hardly ever hits the second or third.

Which one do you pick?

If you picked the 70% passer, you’re going 3 and out quite often. Hence JG AND Bailey from what we’ve seen to this point. 111 yards vs Florida isn’t going to get it done.

If you picked the 50% passer, you picked Maurer over Bailey. You may not like it but he was over 50% in his starts and nearly every pass he threw was 2nd level and beyond. Don’t sit here and argue what you can’t defend. It’s on tape and available for anyone to watch at any time! I suggest you do so and compare Maurer to Bailey. It’s night and day.

Let’s play a game of you pick.

You have a qb that completes over 50% of his passes to the second and third levels. Hardly ever checks down to the first level and can run like a deer.

Vs

A qb that completes 70% of his passes to the first level and hardly ever hits the second or third.

Which one do you pick?

If you picked the 70% passer, you’re going 3 and out quite often. Hence JG AND Bailey from what we’ve seen to this point. 111 yards vs Florida isn’t going to get it done.

If you picked the 50% passer, you picked Maurer over Bailey. You may not like it but he was over 50% in his starts and nearly every pass he threw was 2nd level and beyond. Don’t sit here and argue what you can’t defend. It’s on tape and available for anyone to watch at any time! I suggest you do so and compare Maurer to Bailey. It’s night and day.
add in the ints, the unnecessary risks that led to them and Bailey wins everytime. Bailey is not kicking the doors down, but Maurer was there first and dude beat him out TWICE! i do agree Maurer is better than what we've seen of Milton.

he was crap vs ky, thus JG replacing him. miss st, didnt he throw 2 picks?
He was crap vs UK to his standards that we came to expect. However what’s funny is those that say that he was crap vs UK don’t take into consideration that 1)he was out a month before the game and 2)he didn’t even have the ball in the first quarter. You can blame Pruitts defense for that. So how is 98 yards passing and 20 rushing in a quarter “crap”?

add in the ints, the unnecessary risks that led to them and Bailey wins everytime. Bailey is not kicking the doors down, but Maurer was there first and dude beat him out TWICE! i do agree Maurer is better than what we've seen of Milton.
Add in Baileys lost fumbles (4?) onto his ints. Just because they don’t show up on a stat sheet doesn’t mean they weren’t turnovers. You’re losing this debate man. Maurer was worth developing and he wasn’t nowhere near as bad at passing a you claim or his stats suggest.

Tyler bray and Eric ainge both had issues off field and were excellent Qbs… Mauer was a gamer and a gunslinger and ran good… he woulda played well under heup and put up big numbers.

Well, he was third on the depth chart after the spring and fourth in fall camp when he decided to bolt, so I’m going to need to see your work on the “woulda played well under heup and put up big numbers” statement.

Add in Baileys lost fumbles (4?) onto his ints. Just because they don’t show up on a stat sheet doesn’t mean they weren’t turnovers. You’re losing this debate man. Maurer was worth developing and he wasn’t nowhere near as bad at passing a you claim or his stats suggest.
fumbles are not passing decisions. some of those can be contributed to missed blocks. interceptions are bad decisions.....and unlisted are the incomplete balls thrown into double and triple coverage that were also horrific decisions. you thought you was winning, but only you thought such silly thoughts!

worth developing? how long was he at UT? how long does he need? prison sentence time? sheesh!

Both get 5+ years…low end estimate.

White, yes. He's gonna get 5+ years unless the AD gets in really hot water-or he simply takes another gig.

CJH, I dunno. I do know that unless the product on the field has shown measurable improvement to even the most lay UT fan, there could be an issue. Think only 80k fans for Pitt was a problem? Wait and see what shows up after a few more 5-7 or 4-8 type seasons.

fumbles are not passing decisions. some of those can be contributed to missed blocks. interceptions are bad decisions.....and unlisted are the incomplete balls thrown into double and triple coverage that were also horrific decisions. you thought you was winning, but only you thought such silly thoughts!
I challenge you to go back to his starts and find a ball thrown into dbl/triple coverage. You’ll find ONE (1st int MSST). All the others were games he was thrown to the wolves by Pruitt. And fumbles in Baileys case are about a lack of talent. Not his fault but he couldn’t escape. So yes they absolutely count when we’re talking turnover comparisons. Also, how much blame goes to DWA from you on Maurers first int? It hit him in the chest. So did the one that Alabama got. Perfect pass hit JJ in the chest. The only others were an overthrow vs UGA, another pick vs MSST immediately AFTER suffering a concussion and ONE throw into dbl coverage vs MSST. I count 2 out of 5 ints you can solely place on him.

Reactions: Easttnken
worth developing? how long was he at UT? how long does he need? prison sentence time? sheesh!
Get over yourself with this Maurer hate man. I think the entire UT population knows the two years under Pruitt was a waste for anyone not named JG. Brian was playing on natural talent. That natural talent was much better than what we’ve seen out of JG, Bailey AND Milton.

White, yes. He's gonna get 5+ years unless the AD gets in really hot water-or he simply takes another gig.

CJH, I dunno. I do know that unless the product on the field has shown measurable improvement to even the most lay UT fan, there could be an issue. Think only 80k fans for Pitt was a problem? Wait and see what shows up after a few more 5-7 or 4-8 type seasons.
I didn’t think the attendance was a “problem”. That gets remedied as the program improves and that doesn’t happen if you fire them for going 5-7 after a 3 win lead-in. White’s from a storied AD family and knows message board solutions aren’t solutions.

VN Store

Back