Maurer Transferring - Official

Guy has lots of heart. But he started 4 games at UT without finishing.

Georgia - knocked out
Miss St - knocked out
Alabama - knocked out
Kentucky - relieved

Reactions: lexkyvol
:cool: Good to see Elvis references returning to the forum.

Let's all join hands in a moment of silence to honor the king, who made his home in Tennessee as soon as he could afford to leave Mississippi.

Amen. Now, feud on...
1629831264494.jpegDon’t recall any tiny Elvis references though so here he is .

1629831353834.png

I wish I had a better memory on certain names in here or just cared some more about who days what. However I distinctly remember there was a guy in here claiming this kid was the best QB to ever grace us since Peyton. And he also said he would start for sure. Would like to see him eat his crow now

1vol8, i will say this from what i have seen. Maurer and Milton might be equally as horrific at passing!

1vol8, i will say this from what i have seen. Maurer and Milton might be equally as horrific at passing!
Go back and watch his starts and get back to us if this statement is true. Maurer is noticeably MUCH faster, More agile and a much better passer than Milton. And he proved it against much better competition than Bowling Green and Pitt. No one has to like it but it’s entirely possible that UTs most capable qb just hit the portal.

Go back and watch his starts and get back to us if this statement is true. Maurer is noticeably MUCH faster, More agile and a much better passer than Milton. And he proved it against much better competition than Bowling Green and Pitt. No one has to like it but it’s entirely possible that UTs most capable qb just hit the portal.
Im curious on your take. Do you think Maurer or HB were ever given a real opportunity once Milton got here ? I'm not sure but you seem to have an inside track and Pruitt had issues with Maurer for whatever reason.

Im curious on your take. Do you think Maurer or HB were ever given a real opportunity once Milton got here ? I'm not sure but you seem to have an inside track and Pruitt had issues with Maurer for whatever reason.
No one was given an opportunity with Pruitt. Simple as that. With Heupel, I think he guilty of the same things most of us are. He’s so enamored with the physical upside of Milton that he’s willing to take a shot to see if he can make him a qb. Right now, I’m personally not seeing it and it’s hard to believe it’s any different in practice. Those two facts make me think that Heupel knew from day one of Milton signing who his qb was going to be. JMO

Can Heupel realistically fix Milton by year two ? I don't wanna be that guy but Milton is in his 4th year of College. If he plays one decent season he will bail and go pro. Where does that potentially leave us next season and going forward ?

It looked to me like Milton did have more air on his passes but he still was over throwing the guys so CJH looks to have worked on Milton with that and it's possible he could get him better. Thing is I don't want wait while he does it. I rather roll with HH. He needs work on holding on to the ball. Maybe coach needs to do like that movie The Program. Omar Epps had a fumbling issue and coach made him carry the ball every where he went and told his teammates to bring him the ball and if they brought him the ball Epps character would be in trouble🤣 but in all seriousness HH ability to run and fight to get the 1st or TD, along with he seems to have enough touch for the short and mid range passes to keep the D some what honest.

Here is a screen, look at the adjustment being made....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210912-152501_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20210912-152501_YouTube.jpg
    601.1 KB · Views: 59
It looked to me like Milton did have more air on his passes but he still was over throwing the guys so CJH looks to have worked on Milton with that and it's possible he could get him better. Thing is I don't want wait while he does it. I rather roll with HH. He needs work on holding on to the ball. Maybe coach needs to do like that movie The Program. Omar Epps had a fumbling issue and coach made him carry the ball every where he went and told his teammates to bring him the ball and if they brought him the ball Epps character would be in trouble🤣 but in all seriousness HH ability to run and fight to get the 1st or TD, along with he seems to have enough touch for the short and mid range passes to keep the D some what honest.
Apparently, Milton hits on a good percentage of those deep balls in practice. It has to be frustrating as hell for coaches and teammates when it doesn't happen at all in games.

VN Store

Back