Maurer Transferring - Official

According to ESPN QBR Bailey QBR is 48.1 which is below average while BM's is 67.4 which is above avg.

For those that don't know what QBR is, its ESPN formula for QB based on stregth of opponents as well as garbage time played...and QB rating stats..its a better indicator of QB effectiveness during the game/season...

Reactions: jarnol32
I didn’t think the attendance was a “problem”. That gets remedied as the program improves and that doesn’t happen if you fire them for going 5-7 after a 3 win lead-in. White’s from a storied AD family and knows message board solutions aren’t solutions.

I was not talking about CJH being fired if he put up a 5-7 record this season. Considering the way this season has played out so far, chances are that is exactly the way the record will look at the end.

My statement was that if CJH puts up 3 straight 5-7 or 4-8 ish seasons in his first three seasons then White would have no choice to fire him. Large majority of the fans who remain would be checked out otherwise

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
I was not talking about CJH being fired if he put up a 5-7 record this season. Considering the way this season has played out so far, chances are that is exactly the way the record will look at the end.

My statement was that if CJH puts up 3 straight 5-7 or 4-8 ish seasons in his first three seasons then White would have no choice to fire him. Large majority of the fans who remain would be checked out otherwise

This coach has a total of 71 players on scholarship. Do you realize how devastating that is to a program. Anyone who wouldn't give this man 5 years doesn't really care about the future of this program. He needs time. Firing another coach in 3 years is just lunacy regardless of the wins. He's operating at a huge disadvantage as it is. He's been successful everywhere he's been so talk of firing after 3 years is dumber than a sack of hammers.

Omg you’re impossible. IF THE OFFENSE DONT MOVE IT DONT SCORE!!!!!!! Bailey didn’t move the offense. JG didn’t move the offense. Milton is not moving the offense. Bowling green kicks our ass if they only stopped the run
Do you not realize they were rushing 3 and dropping 8 almost every play? That’s why Joe had infinity time in the pocket and also why we started running every down. If they started stacking the box we would’ve torched them.

Reactions: jarnol32
What is wrong with you people? UT hasn’t had a qb that can compete with the big three in a while. Maurer was the only one that proved capable and you say he isn’t SEC caliber? What an I in a Twilight zone?

Honest question, if BM is this close to competing for the starting position...any chance he re-joins the team, and battles for the starting job?

Reactions: MemphisVol77
What is wrong with you people? UT hasn’t had a qb that can compete with the big three in a while. Maurer was the only one that proved capable and you say he isn’t SEC caliber? What an I in a Twilight zone?

Oh hi Mauer. Shouldn’t you be trying to enroll at one of the many G5 schools in Florida or even a FCS program instead of posting all day under this pseudo name?

Just curious, we're hardly the only SEC team who'd like to compete with the Big 3 in the SEC, so why hasn't an SEC program QUICKLY snapped up Brian Maurer?

If he is a "Big 3 caliber" QB....... I'd think he'd be big rumor, article, speculation, etc news for the media but....... crickets, no..... worse...... silence from anyone on "where will potential SEC giant killer Brian Maurer land?"

Reactions: lexkyvol
Just curious, we're hardly the only SEC team who'd like to compete with the Big 3 in the SEC, so why hasn't an SEC program QUICKLY snapped up Brian Maurer?

If he is a "Big 3 caliber" QB....... I'd think he'd be big rumor, article, speculation, etc news for the media but....... crickets, no..... worse...... silence from anyone on "where will potential SEC giant killer Brian Maurer land?"
You do realize he hit the portal right before the season started don’t you? Would that not mean most every team is set with what they’re going with for 2021?

You do realize he hit the portal right before the season started don’t you? Would that not mean most every team is set with what they’re going with for 2021?
Yes, but not a word, nothing, no press, no speculation. If you're really good and in the portal, there's at least something. With Maurer.... nothing or near nothing.... of a splash into the portal.

IF a QB who could challenge Bama, GA, and FL were in the portal, surely goodness and mercy...... South Carolina takes a chance instantly for next year given they're using a grad assistant, aren't they?

But nope...... not even the obvious landing spot of South Carolina.

Really anyone could use someone if they give a "chance to compete with the Big 3," don't they?

Yes, but not a word, nothing, no press, no speculation. If you're really good and in the portal, there's at least something. With Maurer.... nothing or near nothing.... of a splash into the portal.

IF a QB who could challenge Bama, GA, and FL were in the portal, surely goodness and mercy...... South Carolina takes a chance instantly for next year given they're using a grad assistant, aren't they?

But nope...... not even the obvious landing spot of South Carolina.

Really anyone could use someone if they give a "chance to compete with the Big 3," don't they?
Idk what’s going to happen. I’m not going to pretend I do. But in terms of pure qb talent and talent alone, Brian is possibly one of the most gifted. But he comes with a risk. He has a swagger about him that’s infectious. But he can be a handful at times. A lot of coaches may not like that because he’s not “their kind of personality “. I get it. But some coaches love it. Lane Kiffen, Deion Sanders and maybe even Dan Mullen come to mind off the top of my head. Brian would be lethal under a coach that embraced his playing style. Now think of yourself as one of them. Why would you waste a scholarship on a kid that can’t play this year anyway when He’ll still be there in 2022?

Idk what’s going to happen. I’m not going to pretend I do. But in terms of pure qb talent and talent alone, Brian is possibly one of the most gifted. But he comes with a risk. He has a swagger about him that’s infectious. But he can be a handful at times. A lot of coaches may not like that because he’s not “their kind of personality “. I get it. But some coaches love it. Lane Kiffen, Deion Sanders and maybe even Dan Mullen come to mind off the top of my head. Brian would be lethal under a coach that embraced his playing style. Now think of yourself as one of them. Why would you waste a scholarship on a kid that can’t play this year anyway when He’ll still be there in 2022?
C'mon, man. Auburn has nothing behind Nix, essentially.

Mississippi State? Hehehe......

If SC, Auburn, or Mississippi State could SNIFF a QB who could "compete with the Big 3 in the SEC" at this point, they'd be crazy not to try it.

Face the reality. Maurer hits the portal. You say he's SEC ready..... not just ready but ready to help a team challenge Bama, GA, and FL...... and no splash, no "where will he land" talk, nothing.

At some point you have to admit there's a lot of eyes on the portal, especially looking at skilled positions, and there's zero "buzz" about Maurer.

Seriously, SC is apparently ignoring a guy with SEC experience when they truly have nothing...... Not. A. Thing...... going for them. It's an easy pickup for them on the "portal off-season" especially if he's a baller like you say. Lemme guess, "he doesn't want them....."

C'mon, man. Auburn has nothing behind Nix, essentially.

Mississippi State? Hehehe......

If SC, Auburn, or Mississippi State could SNIFF a QB who could "compete with the Big 3 in the SEC" at this point, they'd be crazy not to try it.

Face the reality. Maurer hits the portal. You say he's SEC ready..... not just ready but ready to help a team challenge Bama, GA, and FL...... and no splash, no "where will he land" talk, nothing.

At some point you have to admit there's a lot of eyes on the portal, especially looking at skilled positions, and there's zero "buzz" about Maurer.

Seriously, SC is apparently ignoring a guy with SEC experience when they truly have nothing...... Not. A. Thing...... going for them. It's an easy pickup for them on the "portal off-season" especially if he's a baller like you say. Lemme guess, "he doesn't want them....."
Take it easy man. I’m not trying to argue. All I’m saying is he’ll find a home. Maybe it’s in the SEC, maybe it’s not. But you can’t deny he played competitive football in the few starts he had. If he’s so bad, you should hope someone in the SEC East picks him up so you can get an easy win, right?

My problem with you is your insistence that Pruitt screwed Maurer. I'll grant you Pruitt/Nieds probably reeled him in to "help the team" with stupid stuff but I don't think they wanted him to fail on the field.

Further, I'm not a believer that Heupel tilted the QB competition toward his guy. Heupel needs to win, not make a "home run" portal pick...... just win the wins, grab a toss up, and compete in losses...... for a first year. Yep, Milton is a beast but realistically, Brian Maurer is a good sized young man with speed and a pretty strong arm.

That guy didn't just not beat out Milton, he apparently didn't beat out Hooker or Bailey either. Given your logic, Hooker and Bailey are able to "compete with the Big 3 in the SEC" or you're wrong.

Basically, you and lots of others here think they're a better at evaluating QB talent than Josh Heupel, Alex Golesh, and Joey Halzle. I really hope you can eventually earn the money they make based on your ability to coach and analyze talent.

My problem with you is your insistence that Pruitt screwed Maurer. I'll grant you Pruitt/Nieds probably reeled him in to "help the team" with stupid stuff but I don't think they wanted him to fail on the field.

Further, I'm not a believer that Heupel tilted the QB competition toward his guy. Heupel needs to win, not make a "home run" portal pick...... just win the wins, grab a toss up, and compete in losses...... for a first year. Yep, Milton is a beast but realistically, Brian Maurer is a good sized young man with speed and a pretty strong arm.

That guy didn't just not beat out Milton, he apparently didn't beat out Hooker or Bailey either. Given your logic, Hooker and Bailey are able to "compete with the Big 3 in the SEC" or you're wrong.

Basically, you and lots of others here think they're a better at evaluating QB talent than Josh Heupel, Alex Golesh, and Joey Halzle. I really hope you can eventually earn the money they make based on your ability to coach and analyze talent.
I already have. I’m very comfortable

I already have. I’m very comfortable
Hehehehe..... and you're on VN at 12:45am EST on a Friday.

Good for you! I can only assume your career has been as successful as Heupel, Golesh or Halzle from your statement and in the generosity of your retirement you were coaching/mentoring a small town FL HS QB after retiring from Tallahassee or Gainesville?

I've no ill will for Brian Maurer, but hitting the portal after the deadline is basically taking an "injury + transfer" season off. No practice. No team. No bonding with a new team. It's not optimal.

According to ESPN QBR Bailey QBR is 48.1 which is below average while BM's is 67.4 which is above avg.

For those that don't know what QBR is, its ESPN formula for QB based on stregth of opponents as well as garbage time played...and QB rating stats..its a better indicator of QB effectiveness during the game/season...

You wanna hang your hat on QBR? Ok then wanna guess what JGs QBR was against Bama last year? According to ESPN it was 83. In 2019 JGs QBR against UGA was 76. So let’s dive a little more into QBR shall we?

These are NFL QBs but the point remains. Looking at these numbers, you should be able to clearly deduce who the better QB is right? The first 3 players I listed are. Rodgers, Lawrence and Roethlisberger. The last 3 I mentioned are Bridgewater, Winston and Stafford. The one on the middle? None other than Tom Brady.

So using your logic, Jamies Winston, Matt Stafford and Teddy Bridgewater are better than Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady.

VN Store

Back