Maurer transferring [fake news]

You really think BM has better arm talent? Just curious
Well.... arm talent is many things combined. It’s velocity, touch, accuracy, trajectory, release speed, release angle, arm strength etc.

Maurer has the fastest release of all of them hands down.

There was a pretty large sample size of Maurer last season and trajectory was never an issue. The long ball to Calloway was the easiest example to see but feel free to watch his Hs highlights as well. Plenty in there that shows all of what I’m saying as well as bailey.

Release angle is just simply “improper” mechanics. Can he change angles? What happens when a qb can’t set his feet due to pressure? Can he throw accurately side arm? Can he throw accurately off platform? Can he throw on the run?

Velocity and touch is one area where he shows the better option than JG imo. When he throws short there’s only enough velocity to get it there on time and make it catchable.

So yes..... I’m saying I think BM has the most arm talent over all. I did my best to explain it so it doesn’t appear unfair or biased. Hopefully the explanation helps you understand my opinion.

You really think BM has better arm talent? Just curious

Maurer is certainly a better talent than JG he proved that last season when he was healthy.

JG may have the better arm talent but it’s completely useless when he keeps throwing the ball to the other team and watched them run it back for 6.

JG plays scared and slow.

Maurer is a baller that isn’t scared and he can make plays with his arm and feet.

Reactions: 1vol8
Maurer is certainly a better talent than JG he proved that last season when he was healthy.

JG may have the better arm talent but it’s completely useless when he keeps throwing the ball to the other team and watch them run it back for 6.

JG plays scared and slow.

Maurer is a baller and can make plays with his arm and feet.
I was referencing BM to bailey. We all know JG is garbage

That looked a whole lot like last year when his mental mistakes caused Pruitt to yank him. He threw into double coverage with a guy running free underneath. Why do you think he didn't go back in?
Because JG is still here.

Where did I “continue”. Made a one off comment in a post. The only “fandom” I call into question is 1Vol8. Because he’s not a fan of the program...just Maurer. Not sure why that would get you so irate...unless you’re an alternate account. 😉
Lol I'll be honest I'm frustrated as **** and probably took it out on you more then deserved...my bad..
My comment had nothing to do with BM it had to the HB and his sidelien thrown that we have b literally seen 3 years straight....do I think that makes him a bad QB....Nope. that makes him a freshman with little prep time.....
As for 1vol8 and fandom....ive been here longer then both of you combined...Ive seen fans come and go, seen them follow a coach or a player....either do no matter if they are a fan, then they are a fan
.even if only for a minute....1vol8 does nothing different depending BM then pulaski and ktown defending JG....but im cool

Reactions: butchna and 1vol8
Lol I'll be honest I'm frustrated as **** and probably took it out on you more then deserved...my bad..
My comment had nothing to do with BM it had to the HB and his sidelien thrown that we have b literally seen 3 years straight....do I think that makes him a bad QB....Nope. that makes him a freshman with little prep time.....
As for 1vol8 and fandom....ive been here longer then both of you combined...Ive seen fans come and go, seen them follow a coach or a player....either do no matter if they are a fan, then they are a fan
.even if only for a minute....1vol8 does nothing different depending BM then pulaski and ktown defending JG....but im cool
Fair enough. Since Catbone bailed, everybody looks like an alternate. Date joined would be important information.

Reactions: whodeycin85
No im not...im saying were have no idea what we have with HB except that most of stats come from Gilbert and another speeder at Michigan St....he did ok today but it was his 1st action.

Now quit being butt hurt cuz your hero crapped the bed again and go cry with pulaski and k-town

not myhero, but your hero isnt even a thought to enter the game....oops! so continue to try and justify HB's numbers to say ur hero can compete because he can't. we already know his only good attribute is running. he should bulkup and play TE

not myhero, but your hero isnt even a thought to enter the game....oops! so continue to try and justify HB's numbers to say ur hero can compete because he can't. we already know his only good attribute is running. he should bulkup and play TE
Your an idiot if you dont think a player loke Pitts (gilbert) will make a QB look better....as far as BM...idk whats going on...but if he starts next week what you gonna do?? Expect perfection knowing CJP admited he invested no reps in him...

Your an idiot if you dont think a player loke Pitts (gilbert) will make a QB look better....as far as BM...idk whats going on...but if he starts next week what you gonna do?? Expect perfection knowing CJP admited he invested no reps in him...
watch him fail like i know he's going too. dude had all bowl practice and looked trash vs IU......so i know vs Bama what he gonna look like if he trots out there.

watch him fail like i know he's going too. dude had all bowl practice and looked trash vs IU......so i know vs Bama what he gonna look like if he trots out there.
Didn’t we all expect him to fail last year vs Alabama too? Don’t be surprised if he shuts you up.

Well your definitely entitled to your opinion regardless of how dumb...have a nice day..im sure JG will play with you later

Reactions: OL SMOKEY
Fingers crossed. I would’ve thought he’d been Chaneys favorite giving his intangibles. Looks like the guy who holds a **** tin of records from the last time Chaney was here
I think it’s obvious that Pruitt is going to do everything he can to prevent Maurer from touching his field. That being said I think he’s out of options. It would not surprise me in the least for him to insert BM vs Alabama in hopes of getting his “I told you so” moment.

I think it’s obvious that Pruitt is going to do everything he can to prevent Maurer from touching his field. That being said I think he’s out of options. It would not surprise me in the least for him to insert BM vs Alabama in hopes of getting his “I told you so” moment.
If he worried BM will take the JOB...he should realize winning help recruiting more then playing time offers..

If he worried BM will take the JOB...he should realize winning help recruiting more then playing time offers..
If Maurer takes the job then you have to see it from Pruitts point of view. He loses Bailey, JG and POSSIBLY Salter because they are all close in class. Given how obvious it is that he’s clearly doesn’t like Maurer, to him that’s a heavy price to pay for a qb that he doesn’t want to deal with.

If Maurer takes the job then you have to see it from Pruitts point of view. He loses Bailey, JG and POSSIBLY Salter because they are all close in class. Given how obvious it is that he’s clearly doesn’t like Maurer, to him that’s a heavy price to pay for a qb that he doesn’t want to deal with.
Seems flawed....if BM is balling out losing HB isnt bad...Salter can still come in and play..
If HB leaves and doesn't wanna compete that would say alot about him

You act like you know that's Pruitt's POV...

It probably isn't though...

Seems flawed....if BM is balling out losing HB isnt bad...Salter can still come in and play..
If HB leaves and doesn't wanna compete that would say alot about him
To me it would say "he knows when to fold them"
I dare say that no QB on the roster is happy about playing time.
CJP is not inspiring confidence that the best player starts or equal competition for the starting position.

No. Now is a much better time than next spring. What do you gain by continuing to play JG? He's not likely to get appreciably better. He will continue to hold the O back. There's just nothing to be gained by playing him.

I hoped Shrout might have come along but it doesn't look like he has.
Didn't mean to quote.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back