Maurer transferring [fake news]

You think Stetson Bennett is better than Brian Maurer?
OUs Rattler is average (just like I said).
LSU guy is better than many thought, but they just don't play defense anymore.

Yes Bennett is better. Rattler is a true freshman but he looks much better. Brennan is better. Maurer would not beat out any of those guys. The fascination some have with a very few flashes of Maurer is baffling. The guy isn’t that good. Average to below average at best. Couldn’t beat out JG or Shrout.

Reactions: k-town_king
Anyone that can’t see the team as a whole played better with Maurer under center than JG is selectively blind. Idk how hard it is to understand that sometimes the HCs calls are not about what’s best for the team but rather just personal feelings. Pruitt LIKES JG and that’s all I can see as to why he has the longest leash in college/pro football history while making the same mistakes that Pruitt CLAIMS he’s trying to avoid with the younger guys.
I’m glad someone else sees this. Pruitt claims to be terrified of Maurer throwing picks 30 yards down the field, but he’s perfectly fine with a 5th year senior fumbling 3 times in his own backfield, and throwing a pick 2 yards from the line of scrimmage.
Guarantano is a slightly below average sec qb at his best. Maurer has the talent to be a game changer, I just can’t figure out why they won’t let him play.

Yes Bennett is better. Rattler is a true freshman but he looks much better. Brennan is better. Maurer would not beat out any of those guys. The fascination some have with a very few flashes of Maurer is baffling. The guy isn’t that good. Average to below average at best. Couldn’t beat out JG or Shrout.
Rattler maybe better, Bennett is not in the same area code in arm strength or speed.

1) Wasn’t Bennett a 2* walk on? If he’s better than Maurer (high 3*) what’s that say about the rankings to begin with? Also kinda puts extra emphasis on the importance that the services got it right with Bailey if we’re going to let one go, doesn’t it?

2) Rattler is a RS Freshman. He spent last year learning the system on the sidelines of Oklahoma. And even still wouldn’t say he’s better than Maurer.

3) Brennan has been there two years before now. You’re comparing the play of these guys without giving Maurer the benefit of the doubt that he’d only been in the system for 6 months total and only two weeks of that time was spent on HIM. That’s like calling someone faster than Jaylin Hayatt when their starting line was the 20 of a 40 yard dash.

None of those guys you mentioned are “better” than Maurer. They just have an experience advantage.

Reactions: LittleVol
It took Worley Bird to get injured before Butch gave Dobbs his shot.
It made Butchs time here longer than it should have been...
Right. And from what I understand Dobbs didn’t “practice” well either. He was a gamer. Under Pruitt he may not have ever seen the field. This is a Dobbs situation we have here. The only difference is Butch was smart enough to recognize that Dobbs extended his time and never looked back. I’m not so sure that Pruitt understands that Maurer did the same for him last year. He was on the verge of being run out of town if Maurer hadn’t been better than advertised.

He was on the verge of being run out of town if Maurer hadn’t been better than advertised.
Maybe just a little dramatic?

Maurer played well at times; especially for a true freshman forced to play before he was ready . . . but name me a game from last year where Maurer clearly changed the end result and affected Pruitt's job status.

Maurer played well at times; especially for a true freshman forced to play before he was ready . . . but name me a game from last year where Maurer clearly changed the end result and affected Pruitt's job status.
You could say any game he started....simply because afterbhe was pulled or injury the opponents planned for BM not JG

1) Wasn’t Bennett a 2* walk on? If he’s better than Maurer (high 3*) what’s that say about the rankings to begin with? Also kinda puts extra emphasis on the importance that the services got it right with Bailey if we’re going to let one go, doesn’t it?

2) Rattler is a RS Freshman. He spent last year learning the system on the sidelines of Oklahoma. And even still wouldn’t say he’s better than Maurer.

3) Brennan has been there two years before now. You’re comparing the play of these guys without giving Maurer the benefit of the doubt that he’d only been in the system for 6 months total and only two weeks of that time was spent on HIM. That’s like calling someone faster than Jaylin Hayatt when their starting line was the 20 of a 40 yard dash.

None of those guys you mentioned are “better” than Maurer. They just have an experience advantage.

Whatever man. You are entitled to your opinion. But just watch the tape of these guys and it will show you. I like Maurer. But the film tells you all of the guys talked about here are jus better. It’s really that simple.

I’m glad someone else sees this. Pruitt claims to be terrified of Maurer throwing picks 30 yards down the field, but he’s perfectly fine with a 5th year senior fumbling 3 times in his own backfield, and throwing a pick 2 yards from the line of scrimmage.
Guarantano is a slightly below average sec qb at his best. Maurer has the talent to be a game changer, I just can’t figure out why they won’t let him play.

You don't pull your starting qb for a bad half. I think none of you have watched football before JG came here.

Bm turnover rate is astronomical.

JG literally has the lowest turnover rate in UT history, That was an aberration like Clausen with four fumbles in one half or Peyton with 4 ints in one half.

Right. And from what I understand Dobbs didn’t “practice” well either. He was a gamer. Under Pruitt he may not have ever seen the field. This is a Dobbs situation we have here. The only difference is Butch was smart enough to recognize that Dobbs extended his time and never looked back. I’m not so sure that Pruitt understands that Maurer did the same for him last year. He was on the verge of being run out of town if Maurer hadn’t been better than advertised.

Dobbs was a much more accurate passer. Running game wasn't even on the same planet.

Two different qbs and situations.
You could say any game he started....simply because afterbhe was pulled or injury the opponents planned for BM not JG
That is funny. Yall will twist anything to minimize JG coming in and bailing us out.

I think he changed the entire direction of the program with his first half performance against Georgia. First time we showed life all year and we have grown since.

I think he changed the entire direction of the program with his first half performance against Georgia. First time we showed life all year and we have grown since.
He had one good quarter then collapsed for the rest of the game..

We got several defensive starters back. JG played better.

That turned around the season.

Uh, no. He in no way collapsed in the second quarter.

It was a overall very solid first half for him and it breathed hope into the program for the very first time and we only got better from there.

If you cannot see that, then go ahead and admit your JG extremism and forget about ever calling yourself objective.

Uh, no. He in no way collapsed in the second quarter.

It was a overall very solid first half for him and it breathed hope into the program for the very first time and we only got better from there.

If you cannot see that, then go ahead and admit your JG extremism and forget about ever calling yourself objective.
Collapsing would be 3 fumbles (2 lost) and and int that seems more like a collapse!!!!

If I'm Maurer, I get a commitment to compete for the starting job THIS week or else I walk. Pruitt's mismanagement of the QB position can't continue... and I would have no part of it if I were BM.'

Maurer is the only guy on this roster who has demonstrated the ability to throw on the move or throw off platform. That would have been a huge advantage against UK's D.

If I'm Maurer, I get a commitment to compete for the starting job THIS week or else I walk. Pruitt's mismanagement of the QB position can't continue... and I would have no part of it if I were BM.'

Maurer is the only guy on this roster who has demonstrated the ability to throw on the move or throw off platform. That would have been a huge advantage against UK's D.

Yep...
You'd think Pruitt would notice that as a great DC...🙁.

But no.

For Brian sake...i really hope he leaves.
If Pruitt wouldn't play him during today's debacle, then he will never play him.
Eff that...

Well it looks like our boy JG is in position ONCE AGAIN to rise from the ashes and be a come off the bench hero!

You know you're stuff bro!!

VN Store

Back