Maurer transferring [fake news]

How do you know if he and Pruitt haven't already come to a mutual agreement as to how he was going to be used this season. He may not be playing him simply because he's hurt. May be trying to help him through some tough times. Anytime you get 4 SEC starts as a Fr your head coach is in no way being completely unfair to him. This not getting backups ready is pure nonsense. Everyone that's ever played team sports knows what it takes to be a starter and most know what backups must go thru and endure to become a starter. This staff does a fine job developing players I feel and I think our quality depth is going to show up later in the season when other teams will be dropping like flies.
Ask 1vol8.

It's obvious Brian is healthy enough to play.

I 100 percent agree with you about the depth building at every other position.

Last year after Maurer got hurt and shook, I think Pruitt did do a good job handling the QB situation. It's just my opinion that Maurer should have been given more real snaps with the easy slate we had first 3 games. That really slowed his development and the teams development. And yes Bryce and Bituli getting back had something to do with that too. AND...JG played much better off the bench.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I actually hope it doesn’t. Brian loves UT believe it or not. It’s just people that constantly put him down make me want to see it just to shut them up. If he left I think he would go back to a Florida school to be closer to home. I know you hope not UF but Trask is a junior isn’t he? Idk..... could happen.
He is a RS Senior but gets a free year IF he comes back to UF Gators' Kyle Pitts, Kyle Trask go back-to-back in NFL mock draft

Reactions: 1vol8
I actually hope it doesn’t. Brian loves UT believe it or not. It’s just people that constantly put him down make me want to see it just to shut them up. If he left I think he would go back to a Florida school to be closer to home. I know you hope not UF but Trask is a junior isn’t he? Idk..... could happen.

See...
This is what im talking about.
This is how it starts.
I can see that being THE CHOICE.
Yes...Mullen would coach him very well imo.

I noticed that post "easypeytonmoney" made on Twitter than Brian put as his background. Just today I noticed that.

Yes Brian has been an absolute great teammate. That shouldn't even be questioned. Dude is JGs biggest supporter out there. Frankly that pisses me off because I feel Brian should be more selfish...

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
See...
This is what im talking about.
This is how it starts.
I can see that being THE CHOICE.
Yes...Mullen would coach him very well imo.

I noticed that post "easypeytonmoney" made on Twitter than Brian put as his background. Just today I noticed that.

Yes Brian has been an absolute great teammate. That shouldn't even be questioned. Dude is JGs biggest supporter out there. Frankly that pisses me off because I feel Brian should be more selfish...
That’s been up there for at least 6 months but I understand you’re not stalking either so how would you know. Lol

He uses it as motivation.

I’m a little confused on what you meant with the first part of your response. What do you mean by:

See. This is how it starts. This is what I’m talking about. ?

Reactions: LittleVol
What? This is still just a few days after the game and I have been posting all week. What are you talking about?

JG in his "bad game" bested Bm's one good quarter vs UGA last year which we all know is his singular career highlight.
Still think JG is a better QB than Clausen?

You can't be taken seriously on anything...

🤣

That’s been up there for at least 6 months but I understand you’re not stalking either so how would you know. Lol

He uses it as motivation.

I’m a little confused on what you meant with the first part of your response. What do you mean by:

See. This is how it starts. This is what I’m talking about. ?
So you are confirming it's too late? Nevermind...don't answer that.

I'm suggesting that there has been an unsaid process in place for him to leave.
Butchna even revealed what you were saying between the lines.
That being, there is a lot of built up angst with his experience so far on Rocky Top, and that not only does he plan to leave the moment Bailey takes over, but that he has a destination already picked out. Gainesville, FL

So what I mean by "this is how it starts" is the media fallout from his transfer and committed choice to actually leave. Because as you said
he DOES like his team, and it would not be an easy choice. So the ball would have to get rolling somehow to justify what he and maybe you already had planned as a contingent.

Lets be real. How good would he be in that Dan Mullen Offense!? Emory Jones is not the move. Needs to play WR

Cade Mays had a case built up against UGA, I imagine Brian would need something similar to immediately be eligible to play against
the high powered Harrison Bailey defending SEC Champion Vols in 2021 :)?

Nah seriously though... it sounds like from the way you are talking indirectly, that Brian is gone.

That being, there is a lot of built up angst with his experience so far on Rocky Top, and that not only does he plan to leave the moment Bailey takes over, but that he has a destination already picked out. Gainesville, FL

So what I mean by "this is how it starts" is the media fallout from his transfer and committed choice to actually leave. Because as you said
he DOES like his team, and it would not be an easy choice. So the ball would have to get rolling somehow to justify what he and maybe you already had planned as a contingent.

Lets be real. How good would he be in that Dan Mullen Offense!? Emory Jones is not the move. Needs to play WR

Cade Mays had a case built up against UGA, I imagine Brian would need something similar to immediately be eligible to play against

Nah seriously though... it sounds like from the way you are talking indirectly, that Brian is gone.

Last edited:
I know he’s not happy with how he’s being treated. That’s all. As far as details of a transfer? I can’t say because Idk. The past couple of days has a new “something is in the air” feel though. Maybe Pruitt has already told him to look around? Maybe they simply don’t like each other? Maybe Brian has approached Pruitt about the possibility? Idk because Brian doesn’t talk about inner workings. When you ask Brian a direct question and he doesn’t answer, that’s your answer. That’s how he is. When he doesn’t answer that means your question is touching confidential information. The last time I asked a direct question and that happened was “how’s your hamstring?”. Take that for what it’s worth. Now..... that all being said there are other people close to him that talk to the coaches and trust me. I’ve talked to coaches myself. This is why I repeat myself that my opinions are not always self created and sometimes there’s reasons for them. I tell people to read between the lines but I’m not going to put on a message board everything I know that’s pertinent to the position that people entrusted in me. There are a few I would share with in a private setting but not here.

Well.
He's got a bright future ahead 🌄🌄🌄

Great kid from everything ive heard and seen. And his unselfishness last year with JG really helped with team chemistry. And JG reciprocated that. They really made each other better teammates.

Florida has good offensive coaching. Chaney is a good coach here. But you have to play to develop. So I hope he goes somewhere that he feels can help him continue to grow as a man, and QB.

Well.
He's got a bright future ahead 🌄🌄🌄

Great kid from everything ive heard and seen. And his unselfishness last year with JG really helped with team chemistry. And JG reciprocated that. They really made each other better teammates.

Florida has good offensive coaching. Chaney is a good coach here. But you have to play to develop. So I hope he goes somewhere that he feels can help him continue to grow as a man, and QB.
I just hope it’s not what it seems and he gets to play. All Pruitt has to do is talk to the kid and he’ll learn that yes he’s a little immature but he’s got a heart of gold. He just doesn’t trust men and Pruitt needs to understand that has to be earned.

Head coaches have 7 figure incomes at stake and short leashes that last 3-5 years. Why on earth would anybody not play the best guy?
Exactly . It’s not like these coaches are in the business of losing games. Especially not with our fan base.

I would love to see him play for Kiffin. I would bet money that Kiffin would have Maurer putting up great numbers. Whatever happens, I wish him well. At this point, I wouldn't mind seeing him against Kentucky but I have a feeling that Pruitt/Chaney have decided they are moving forward with Bailey. Sucks for BM, tho. Its possible that he can succeed if the time and effort is put into him.

I would love to see him play for Kiffin. I would bet money that Kiffin would have Maurer putting up great numbers. Whatever happens, I wish him well. At this point, I wouldn't mind seeing him against Kentucky but I have a feeling that Pruitt/Chaney have decided they are moving forward with Bailey. Sucks for BM, tho. Its possible that he can succeed if the time and effort is put into him.
Looks like Kiffin has his qb but I can see where you’d think that.

Looks like Kiffin has his qb but I can see where you’d think that.
Yeah, corral has looked pretty good so far. I dont think BM would accomplish much if he landed at Vanderbilt, south Carolina, Mizzou or arkansas. You think he could do well in leach's offense?

If he wouldn't got hurt. In the Georgia game Wich made the other injury's more volnarable but he was started as a true Freshman and did great till he was injured.

Yeah, corral has looked pretty good so far. I dont think BM would accomplish much if he landed at Vanderbilt, south Carolina, Mizzou or arkansas. You think he could do well in leach's offense?
Well..... let me put it this way. If leach had been hired at UT I think BM would be the unquestioned starter. No doubt in my mind.

God I wish practices were open to the public. The way Pruitt has his practices set up its nearly impossible for a backup to prove anything. JG takes at least 75% of the first team reps. Which means he and only he can create chemistry with the 1s. Meanwhile the backups are splitting time with the 2s and 3s and developing chemistry with those guys. Insert said back up mid game and he looks terrible. But PREPARE said back up with the ones and he looks completely different. That’s why. (See Maurer vs UF / Maurer vs UGA)
Gotta believe this is true. He practically says it every time he’s ask about the QB situation.
Backups are not ready due to lack of reps

And I think he would accomplish more than you think at those schools. I have an advantage over pretty much everyone on this board and got to see him grow in a system with a coach that believed in him. He got better every year and he became the best in the state by his 3rd year. I would suspect that he’d do the same since he’s used to working with less talented players.

From what I've heard on the swain event he's not playing because he doesn't know the offense. He can't read the defense and get them into the right looks or even get the offense lined up correctly. Seems like he needs to mature and is more interested in instagram drama than football. Wish him the best but there's a reason he ain't playing.

This can't be true. It doesn't fit the agendas or perceptions of many on this board. :)

And I think he would accomplish more than you think at those schools. I have an advantage over pretty much everyone on this board and got to see him grow in a system with a coach that believed in him. He got better every year and he became the best in the state by his 3rd year. I would suspect that he’d do the same since he’s used to working with less talented players.
I have a different opinion when it comes to how good he would be on those bottom tier teams. I just dont think he would put up good numbers unless he was on a team that had enough talent on offensive line and WR.

I have a different opinion when it comes to how good he would be on those bottom tier teams. I just dont think he would put up good numbers unless he was on a team that had enough talent on offensive line and WR.
He’s already proven he can do it. I don’t think most people understand how bad his team in Hs really was. He had no o line. No receivers to speak of. No RB and no defense. I understand this is a different level but it was like facing Alabama every week with no help.

I think you’re really looking at it through Maurer colored glasses. I don’t think the team played any better with Maurer under center than they did JG. I think the fact is a lot of people on here just can’t accept we haven’t had a good QB situation since Pruitt got here. Shrout, was a project QB that came with Pruitt first class. Maurer was a composite 3 star who got a chance last year and just flat out didn’t do that well with it and to this point nothing out of practice reports suggest he has skipped anyone. Bailey, has the most upside of anyone in the QB room, but covid ruined the benefit of him being an EE and he’s had no real practice time. JG is who he is, he’s a game manager on his best days. Now this isn’t an endorsement of JG or a trashing of anyone else, but the truth is it’s completely understandable why JG is still playing and it isn’t because he “likes” him more. He understands the offense more, and Pruitt feels like he can get them the most wins. Now you can make the argument JG has hit his ceiling and we should just move on developing someone new, sure. But there’s really no evidence that team is any better with any of the other QBs taking them snaps than they are with JG at this given moment. We simply don’t have a good QB situation yet. JG is JG and Maurer and Shrout can’t separate themselves yet and Bailey had the bad luck of not getting the practice time he would of normally had. It’s completely ridiculous to think that’s the only reason Maurer isn’t playing is because of Pruitts relationship with JG though.

Thank you!

Everyone is really confident that the one time free pass transfer will be approved come January.

VN Store

Back