Maurer takes over at some point this season

I will never understand why people say he held the ball to long. He didn’t have time and the receivers never got off defenders forbthe quick routes. The fact that he was only sacked in the mid pack in the SEC just shows he didn’t hold onto the ball very long. He led the league in knock downs at 324 times in 12 games.
Because he did. I will never understand those with a need to deflect all blame and responsibility from him. It was very apparently a point of emphasis for Chaney this spring. The announcers for the spring game talked about it. Pruitt expressed open frustration with it at the half. There was a stark difference in it from the first half to the second.

The OL was a problem. But only part. If JG could have learned to make pre-snap reads and quick throws like Ainge did a few years back... he wouldn't have been hit so many times.

PS- Not being argumentative but do you have a source for that knock down stat? I've looked for stats on hurries and knock downs and haven't been able to find them.

PSS- if he did get knocked down that many times then it serves just as much for proof that he held the ball too long than the OL never giving him enough time.

Agreed.
In these 2, the line had the opportunity to give JG an extra second, still, there's around 3 seconds from the snap and we'renot going to get much more. But the receivers do a poor job getting open against Florida.
And his dump off receiver is wide open against WV but we're running that insane 50 step drop lol.
Just different breakdowns. We've got to improve in each area to put it all together.

Second one was just awful play by the OL. Guy split a double with no problem.

The first one is a prime example of JG not seeing a blitz pre-snap or else seeing it and not going to the hot receiver. UF virtually sent him a telegraph.

Second one was just awful play by the OL. Guy split a double with no problem.

The first one is a prime example of JG not seeing a blitz pre-snap or else seeing it and not going to the hot receiver. UF virtually sent him a telegraph.
Oh, absolutely it was too easy for the guy to split 2 defenders. I was picking clips where there were breakdowns all over, bad ol was a given. But the entire play takes way to long to develop regardless.
I'll edit to include the OL.

Because he did. I will never understand those with a need to deflect all blame and responsibility from him. It was very apparently a point of emphasis for Chaney this spring. The announcers for the spring game talked about it. Pruitt expressed open frustration with it at the half. There was a stark difference in it from the first half to the second.

The OL was a problem. But only part. If JG could have learned to make pre-snap reads and quick throws like Ainge did a few years back... he wouldn't have been hit so many times.

PS- Not being argumentative but do you have a source for that knock down stat? I've looked for stats on hurries and knock downs and haven't been able to find them.

PSS- if he did get knocked down that many times then it serves just as much for proof that he held the ball too long than the OL never giving him enough time.

He didn’t. He led the country in knock downs and was second in the nation with the least amount of time from snap to being hit. Throw in receivers not getting off coverage and it all made JG look bad. It’s easy to be a arm chair qb but YOU get out there and get sacked and knocked down on average 27 times a game and see how you play.

You are as delusional about yourself as you are about JG... actually a lot more so.

I see you've been triggered again though.... Couldn't stand it huh? :D:D:D:D:D
Ignore the troll. He couldn't school a 4 year old. The JG supporters cherry pick what few things JG did that gave him a fairly decent but misleading rating. The evidence that JG vastly underperformed given his star rating, 3 years of experience and the talent around him, which a good QB would have exploited, is overwhelming. His own coaches not having confidence in HIM, not the OL or receivers, is the most telling evidence. The JG inept deniers are like climate change deniers and anti vaxxers. We're wasting our time on them. But JG has a chance to prove us wrong. I hope he does, but that would not change the very wide and accurate criticism of him to this point.

He didn’t. He led the country in knock downs and was second in the nation with the least amount of time from snap to being hit. Throw in receivers not getting off coverage and it all made JG look bad. It’s easy to be a arm chair qb but YOU get out there and get sacked and knocked down on average 27 times a game and see how you play.
I don't mean to get involved and I don't normally post negatives about anyone but I'm kind of a film junkie. I think you should go back and watch the Alabama game. That was arguably the best def in college football correct? In that game(if I remember correctly) it was around the 40 min mark before I didn't get to 3 Mississippi for the first time. Another around 1:30 ish. The point is the o line provided the 3 seconds that it should in MOST cases. I do feel like he holds the ball but at the same time the tv angles don't always show recievers and weather or not they were open. So idc to speculate. I do however know that the o line takes much more heat than it deserves. Im with sjt18 of thinking the blame falls on a little of both because I have done the breakdowns.

Ignore the troll. He couldn't school a 4 year old. The JG supporters cherry pick what few things JG did that gave him a fairly decent but misleading rating. The evidence that JG vastly underperformed given his star rating, 3 years of experience and the talent around him, which a good QB would have exploited, is overwhelming. His own coaches not having confidence in HIM, not the OL or receivers, is the most telling evidence. The JG inept deniers are like climate change deniers and anti vaxxers. We're wasting our time on them. But JG has a chance to prove us wrong. I hope he does, but that would not change the very wide and accurate criticism of him to this point.

Climate change deniers???? We are talking football not a climate change that happens to the earth every several million years. I can’t stand negavols back in the day of real Tennessee fans and real Tennessee teams negavols didn’t exist like today.

Not talking to you and no longer interested in your Jesus Christ interpretation of JG.
You have serious..serious issues K-town and you've done nothing but provoke people into pointing out his flaws, like you're trying to do now. Back off and leave the kid alone.
The only thing being pointed out is your b.s. The videos you claim you could post dont exist. lmao

The same fourth down down play is posted over and over again as supposed proof.

The only one that needs to leave him alone are the ones making up stuff. All my arguments have data. You are making crap up.

The only thing being pointed out is your b.s. The videos you claim you could post dont exist. lmao

The same fourth down down play is posted over and over again as supposed proof.

The only one that needs to leave him alone are the ones making up stuff. All my arguments have data. You are making crap up.

I agree. Some of these fans would complain if we won four national championships in a row, had a qb that won four consecutive Heisman trophies and went unbeaten during those years. They would still find things to complain about.

Climate change deniers???? We are talking football not a climate change that happens to the earth every several million years. I can’t stand negavols back in the day of real Tennessee fans and real Tennessee teams negavols didn’t exist like today.
So you know more than Nasa, the leaders of almost all the governments on the planet and 97% of climate scientists too I see. Thanks for destroying what little credibility you had. Troll. You will continue to ignore the overwhelming amount of facts and evidence to believe what you want. I assume you're an anti vaxxer as well, if not a full blown CT. That's conspiracy theorist, sweetie.

I agree. Some of these fans would complain if we won four national championships in a row, had a qb that won four consecutive Heisman trophies and went unbeaten during those years. They would still find things to complain about.
Nailed me. I was just pretending to have conversation about strengths and weaknesses. I'm actually the biggest negavol on the board. Surprised you didn't know.
Kinda known for my continuous complaints, trashing of the team and hatred of JG. You guys are are just too smart for me to fool though, I surrender.

So you know more than Nasa, the leaders of almost all the governments on the planet and 97% of climate scientists too I see. Thanks for destroying what little credibility you had. Troll. You will continue to ignore the overwhelming amount of facts and evidence to believe what you want. I assume you're an anti vaxxer as well, if not a full blown CT. That's conspiracy theorist, sweetie.

I never said the climate isn’t changing but the FACT IS the Earth climate has changed and will continue to no matter what we do. The Earth was once covered in ICE. Tennessee was once a dessert as much as Arizona. It’s changing now just like it has changed over the million of years. Nothing we can to change what happens to the Earth. Sweetie.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Oh how I wish we could back when vol fans were true vol fans and didn’t complain about everything. Went to almost every road and home games from the 70’s through the 90’s. Most fans that traveled were older and didn’t complain we all enjoyed ourselves and the games even the 88 season. Some of the fans today I will never understand.

Oh how I wish we could back when vol fans were true vol fans and didn’t complain about everything. Went to almost every road and home games from the 70’s through the 90’s. Most fans that traveled were older and didn’t complain we all enjoyed ourselves and the games even the 88 season. Some of the fans today I will never understand.

Please, if the internet and social media had been available back then it would be just like it is now.

Can't believe that has to be said.

First, the climate models are hot garbage. They do not take Oscillations and really even the atmosphere into account. Anyone can make the climate models say what they want to fit their agenda. A friend of mine who holds a PHD in such matters calls the climate models "worse than terrible". I have studied weather models for two decades now and can tell you that they have way more data flowing into them and are not 100 percent accurate even 48 hours out. Therefore, the climate models have about a 1 in 10,000 or less of a chance of being accurate. No need to allow any government to extort money from peoples pockets for something that we have little to no control over anyways. Climate gona climate.

Second, back to football. Did JG fail to make important reads? Yes. Was the Offensive line horrible? Absolutely. If given time though, JG has a good arm and can make all the throws. Be better on the OL, get a little better with the reads, and more wins will follow. No one else on the team is more trustworthy leading the offense right now, bottom line.

Ahh, the good ol days. When fans never complained and Johnny Majors coined the phrase "legions of the miserable"

Though no one knows what he was talking about because fans never complained.

Reactions: Behr
Ahh, the good ol days. When fans never complained and Johnny Majors coined the phrase "legions of the miserable"

Though no one knows what he was talking about because fans never complained.

It's Saturday morning, why ain't these kids watching cartoons instead of talking about what they learned in science class yesterday?

Please, if the internet and social media had been available back then it would be just like it is now.

Can't believe that has to be said.
I find that very hard to believe because like I said I traveled and went to games. Tailgated with lots of vol fans over the years talked with many never seen as many negative talk as I do on here.

That's okay if you don't believe it.
Just be thankful for the lessons in reality.
Fans didn't complain, we have the only qb with zero flaws and if you disagree, you'd gripe about consecutive championships.

Keeping it so real, even reality can't keep up.

Reactions: Behr
Just be thankful for the lessons in reality.
Fans didn't complain, we have the only qb with zero flaws and if you disagree, you'd gripe about consecutive championships.

Keeping it so real, even reality can't keep up.

It's just laughable anymore and you're so right... can't keep up.

"Well, I didn't see your comment about Johnny and the legions of the miserable, but if I had I wouldn't believe he said that, and if he did it was because he was drunk. I traveled and know stuff".

Reactions: chargervol
LOL... I think he has ability. He just hasn't lived up to it.

FWIW, I would more equate it to climate change alarmists... manipulating facts that do not prove their point. It is a theory built largely on computer models. The value of a theory is its ability to make accurate predictions. Climate change theory has failed miserably to make accurate predictions.

VN Store

Back