Maurer takes over at some point this season

As many others have pointed out, JG rarely turned loose of the ball unless it was a safe dump off. The INT rate is meaningless. His sack rate per attempts was much higher than elite QBs because he held onto it too long, which hurt our chances to win. Facts and evidence from the experts, not a cherry picked meaningless stat.
Just because “many have pointed it out”, it doesn’t mean it’s true. Data points to just the opposite.

As a matter fact, in addition to a healthy yards per pass attempt which tells us that’s he’s in fact throwing the ball up the field and NOT just dumping off short passes, JG was second in the SEC with 15 20+ yard completions last year when under pressure.

Don’t believe everything you read, especially from people who have an agenda because they don’t like the kid and how he plays.

Right. Maurer is inconsistent. Sometimes he is good. Sometimes he is not so good. JG is consistent. He consistently leads our offense to no points. He has to step it up in a big way this year or he is history. When the most positive thing that people say about your starting QB is that he can really take a beating, you know you have a problem.
all people? some people? people you talk to? people you listen to? do i have a problem if i don't think that's the most positive thing people can say? or just you? or the collective "you people"?

lol.

Reactions: KBVol and VFL-82-JP
You have literally not proven one thing you said. If proof is so easily attained give proof he threw short safe passes. Post the breakdown by game of easy short passes vs what you consider a good or difficult pass.
Why on earth would I go to such an effort for you... who won't believe it no matter what? You said for months I was wrong about JG's decision making being a significant problem. That was clearly confirmed last weekend. You are still in denial.

7.8 is a good ypa. It's not indicative of a qb throwing a ton of short safe passes. The numbers don't match your narrative. Once again show the breakdown of passes that skew the stat. That is what you claim. The ypa says you are wrong.
You are inclined to abuse that stat and all others.

You can't just point to stats and make conclusions. They are only useful when you deal with the actual conditions. If you drive 70 miles per hour for 100 miles your travel time is about 85 minutes. If you drove 140 mph for 43 minutes and stopped for 43 minutes... you'd also get there in about 85 minutes. But there is no comparison between the safety of those two methods.

JG was given safe plays to run for the most part. That's why points, turnovers, TD passes, INT's, and total yards were all low.

Like everyone that has a brain has said the reason we didn't throw more was because the line couldn't pass block.
False. If you have played the game and ever blocked for someone, you'd know that the quality and speed of the QB's decisions either help you make a block or can make it almost impossible to make a block. Same with RB's. Some are really easy to block for and others are very difficult to block for. You've called me ignorant among other things. The ignorance of you blaming it all on the OL... is profound.

The OC was also inexperienced even though now you want to lie about that too.
Yeah... who is "lying":

COACHING CAREER
2000: Hawai'i (Graduate Assistant)
2001-03: Hawai'i (Special Teams)
2004-06: Memphis (Tight Ends/Special Teams)
2007-11: UAB (Quarterbacks)
2012: UAB (Running Backs)
2013: Cincinnati (Tight Ends/Special Teams)
2014-15: WKU (Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks)
2016-17: USC (Passing Game Coordinator/Quarterbacks)
2018: Tennessee (Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks)
2019: WKU (Head Coach)

In Helton's two years at WKU as OC, they were ranked 2nd and 4th in the NCAA in passing O. In '15, his O put up 325 passing yds on 61 attempts against LSU. So to suggest he doesn't know how to run a passing O with lesser talent against an elite SEC D with the right personnel... is dumb... or maybe you are just "lying" again?

No you did not acknowledge what Pruitt actually said. You kept talking about the halftime comments. Those were rendered invalid once he corrected in the second half.j
The fact that you would say such a non-sensical thing... still surprises me. I'm not sure why... but it does. JG's decisions in the 1st half were consistent with last year. That's why Pruitt was aggravated. The fact that JG did better in the 2nd half is encouraging but it does nothing to render his 1st half issues invalid.

But all that and you still evaded the truth. I have said for some while now that the problem existed. You claimed it didn't and even said I was "lying" about the proof and reasoning I gave. You accused me of "hating" JG. Now... the coaches pretty much confirmed what I said and proved you 100% wrong... and you are trying to evade.

The last comment from Pruitt were about how well he got rid of the ball and how in control he was of the offense. So talk about the last thing Pruitt said. If not you are just pushing an agenda like usual.
You really need a man sized dose of honesty and maybe a reading comprehension course.

Here is a real stat. I have been 100% right on who our qb will be and who was the better qb on our roster.
No you haven't. I told you before 17 that QD was likely the starter. You pitched one of your tantrums. QD was the starter.

You have picked the other guy each time and been 100% wrong.
Really? Who did I pick that didn't start? I said QD would two years ago. You can go back a few more years and I picked Dobbs over Peterman. And last year then again this year I said JG would start.

So actually I'm 100% right. Maybe one day you will actually pick the right qb. It be right about anything qb related.
And did you convince yourself of this lie before you wrote it or do you know you are lying? You changed the subject then claimed "victory". I told you that JG's decision making was an issue. We've argued about it for months. You said it wasn't. The coaches have now confirmed that it was a primary focus for him to improve. It is plainly dishonest to claim our disagreement has been about who would start.

Post proof of anything you claim. What games? How many were simple throws? Success on simple vs complex plays. Easy to find and post right?
When you show an openness to hearing facts and reason... I'll consider the effort. If a more sincere and honest person asks, I might do it for them. At this point it would be a waste of time to try to prove anything to you... your twisting above is a good example of your intellectual dishonesty.

Just because “many have pointed it out”, it doesn’t mean it’s true. Data points to just the opposite.

As a matter fact, in addition to a healthy yards per pass attempt which tells us that’s he’s in fact throwing the ball up the field and NOT just dumping off short passes, JG was second in the SEC with 15 20+ yard completions last year when under pressure.
He was given safe plays. The vast majority of those long passes were to the sideline. He threw that well but it IS a safer play call than seams, posts, etc.

All he had to see on those throws was the receiver/CB and one S. His option (which he is good at) was to throw a ball positioned so the WR could make a play but neither the CB or S could. That is a "safe" play and especially when you have guys as big and physical as #1 and #15 to throw to.

Don’t believe everything you read, especially from people who have an agenda because they don’t like the kid and how he plays.
Who doesn't like the kid? Is wanting him to be a better QB an indication of not liking him?

No. I don't like how he plays. He was part of the O's limitations because of the specific things I've mentioned and probably more things that the coaches know and we'll never know. The OL was limiting as well.

The main "agenda" in operation here is from those who want to absolve JG of all fault and blame.

I don't understand jg throwing a punk fit when he was benched and wouldn't watch the game. The O&W game he wouldn't even listen to a coach talking to him. He just puffed up and turned his head away from the coach. I think he is not much of a man or player. He's an azz. Not a leader. The sooner he leaves the better.

He was tired, out of breath and over heated on the bench, relax. Hot take.

He gained 20 pounds this off season lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: k-town_king
No. Sorry but you are wrong. They threw low risk passes and had him dump down rather than taking chances.

It was VERY obvious from Saturday that they are still working to get him to speed his decisions up and get him to read the whole field. They could not depend on him to do that last year which is why their success came on plays to the sideline and plays designed to get a single guy open.

You are welcome to go back and count the times they threw to the short middle or slants or other high risk patterns. It wasn't often.

You don't even have to look very far back to find UT offenses that weren't good running the ball but were still effective. The 2012 O was one.[/QUOT

Most of the teams we played knew tthey could stop our run game which. allowed them to keep both safties back and blitz one If not two LB'S. You ain"t going to throw a whole. lot of deep balls with two safeties sitting back there. A QB that throws into double coverage to many times will find his ass on the bench. If he did get a play in for. example a post there was a 75% chance he had to check down which means the other 10 have decisions to make also.
The other QB came from Stanford which tells me he wasn't a dumb ass. Was his decision making bad too? When all 11 ain't on the same page most of the time bad things happen and when they do most blame the QB.

And? Lol, makes no sense.

None of it makes any difference and I just pointed out him saying something stupid after making fun of Nation saying what he thought was stupid. I don't understand what you think you just did.

You just made a stupid too.
Never know with Beard...but I think he was backing you up.

Why on earth would I go to such an effort for you... who won't believe it no matter what? You said for months I was wrong about JG's decision making being a significant problem. That was clearly confirmed last weekend. You are still in denial.

You can't just point to stats and make conclusions. They are only useful when you deal with the actual conditions. If you drive 70 miles per hour for 100 miles your travel time is about 85 minutes. If you drove 140 mph for 43 minutes and stopped for 43 minutes... you'd also get there in about 85 minutes. But there is no comparison between the safety of those two methods.

JG was given safe plays to run for the most part. That's why points, turnovers, TD passes, INT's, and total yards were all low.

False. If you have played the game and ever blocked for someone, you'd know that the quality and speed of the QB's decisions either help you make a block or can make it almost impossible to make a block. Same with RB's. Some are really easy to block for and others are very difficult to block for. You've called me ignorant among other things. The ignorance of you blaming it all on the OL... is profound.

Yeah... who is "lying":

COACHING CAREER

In Helton's two years at WKU as OC, they were ranked 2nd and 4th in the NCAA in passing O. In '15, his O put up 325 passing yds on 61 attempts against LSU. So to suggest he doesn't know how to run a passing O with lesser talent against an elite SEC D with the right personnel... is dumb... or maybe you are just "lying" again?

The fact that you would say such a non-sensical thing... still surprises me. I'm not sure why... but it does. JG's decisions in the 1st half were consistent with last year. That's why Pruitt was aggravated. The fact that JG did better in the 2nd half is encouraging but it does nothing to render his 1st half issues invalid.

But all that and you still evaded the truth. I have said for some while now that the problem existed. You claimed it didn't and even said I was "lying" about the proof and reasoning I gave. You accused me of "hating" JG. Now... the coaches pretty much confirmed what I said and proved you 100% wrong... and you are trying to evade.

You really need a man sized dose of honesty and maybe a reading comprehension course.

No you haven't. I told you before 17 that QD was likely the starter. You pitched one of your tantrums. QD was the starter.

Really? Who did I pick that didn't start? I said QD would two years ago. You can go back a few more years and I picked Dobbs over Peterman. And last year then again this year I said JG would start.

And did you convince yourself of this lie before you wrote it or do you know you are lying? You changed the subject then claimed "victory". I told you that JG's decision making was an issue. We've argued about it for months. You said it wasn't. The coaches have now confirmed that it was a primary focus for him to improve. It is plainly dishonest to claim our disagreement has been about who would start.

When you show an openness to hearing facts and reason... I'll consider the effort. If a more sincere and honest person asks, I might do it for them. At this point it would be a waste of time to try to prove anything to you... your twisting above is a good example of your intellectual dishonesty.

Dude just stop. You talk about Helton like he is a seaoned play caller. At WKU, who was his head coach? Jeff Brohm. Helton held a title and likely took orders from Brohm. Just like he did at USC under his brother. The fact is Helton sucked as a play caller here. Like I said, he seemed like a fish out of water and he was. He was a small fish in a huge pond. He coached scared, safe and not to lose. You try to refute JGs YPA but you fail. You try to assess his skills and performances, strengths and weaknesses and mostof the time you fail. Its just clear that you cannot get past tge idea that the QB is not the most i,portantperson in an offense. He is just one part that requires at least 10 others to function at a high level.

Not just that but we will beat Bama probably 28 years before we beat Florida even if we use Joe Montana.... At his best. KB gots to be trolling.
We pulled defeat out of the jaws of victory 3-5 contests against the Gators...including that final abortion of a season. ONCE against Bama! And that 5 point loss was the most competitive since 2009. His extrapolation math doesn’t work.

Reactions: Remy and Behr

Yeah... who is "lying":

COACHING CAREER

He was given safe plays. The vast majority of those long passes were to the sideline. He threw that well but it IS a safer play call than seams, posts, etc.

All he had to see on those throws was the receiver/CB and one S. His option (which he is good at) was to throw a ball positioned so the WR could make a play but neither the CB or S could. That is a "safe" play and especially when you have guys as big and physical as #1 and #15 to throw to.

Who doesn't like the kid? Is wanting him to be a better QB an indication of not liking him?

No. I don't like how he plays. He was part of the O's limitations because of the specific things I've mentioned and probably more things that the coaches know and we'll never know. The OL was limiting as well.

The main "agenda" in operation here is from those who want to absolve JG of all fault and blame.
Helton never called plays before last year. Now are you lying to fit your agenda again or just ignorant like usual ? It is one or the other. A first time play caller is the definition of inexperienced. So that is out the way.

So you aren't willing to prove something that the data doesn't support and you expect someone to prove something when the data already supports their position?

Like I said great trolling strategy. Claim a bunch of stuff that can't be proven without hours of film study. No matter what the numbers say your claims are so nebulous that it takes a long time to prove right or wrong. So we only have the numbers. The numbers say you are wrong like usual.

I said JG would be the guy and QD would transfer. It happened. I said Dobbs would be the guy. You said he would get his job taken. These are old arguments you lost. No need to rehash your many Ls.

The last thing Pruitt said JG was did great. Don't try to use a halftime quote when he is trying to motivate when we have his thoughts on the whole game. That is dishonest at best.

Also the main gripe was once again the oline. Not one word about his comments AFTER THE GAME about the line lacking. Not surprising.

Once again give any shred of proof what you say is true. A stat, a quote. Anything that says he ran "simple " short plays.

Reactions: MustafaRasta
We pulled defeat out of the jaws of victory 3-5 contests against the Gators...including that final abortion of a season. ONCE against Bama! And that 5 point loss was the most competitive since 2009. His extrapolation math doesn’t work.

I believe he's convinced that the voodoo black Magic mojo Florida has on us is real. I used to joke about it because it just didn't make any damned sense, but this is on a different level.

Haha, need to get him some monkey urine, gator feces and an ayam cemani chicken foot.

Reactions: butchna
Maurer starts at some point this season and keeps the starting the job. Yes, he made some bad mistakes today but he just has the IT factor.

He is way better than J.G. but needs some time to adjust.

Agree....go on record now.

Disagree....go on record now.

We will then find out who is right at the end of the season.
Disagree

I believe he's convinced that the voodoo black Magic mojo Florida has on us is real. I used to joke about it because it just didn't make any damned sense, but this is on a different level.

Haha, need to get him some monkey urine, gator feces and an ayam cemani chicken foot.
1555543397801.gif

Reactions: tbh and Behr
Maurer starts at some point this season and keeps the starting the job. Yes, he made some bad mistakes today but he just has the IT factor.

He is way better than J.G. but needs some time to adjust.

Agree....go on record now.

Disagree....go on record now.

We will then find out who is right at the end of the season.

With our offensive line, every QB on the roster will most likely start a game. But if by some miracle J.G. survives, he will start the entire season!

I hope you CAN.
I can. We won't have to wait too much longer. It's been a while since we've had a QB with this much "It" factor. Ice Man is probably the most recent.

That's it...I won't bring it up again.

Go Vols, and Godspeed Brian Maurer his offense.

I can. We won't have to wait too much longer. It's been a while since we've had a QB with this much "It" factor. Ice Man is probably the most recent.

That's it...I won't bring it up again.

Go Vols, and Godspeed Brian Maurer his offense.
I like you man...but the D4H comparison was spot on. 😏

Reactions: LittleVol

VN Store

Back