Maurer listed as the starter for Bama

I've not dismissed anything he's done positive. You on the other hand have blamed all of his mistakes on someone else and act as his shortcomings don't have a big impact on the game. I personally believe when you add it up they both currently have major deficiencies, Maurer's production to this point has not been better than the starter he replaced and I just believe if he's not any better then the veteran gives you the best chance to win.
I’ve clearly stated in several posts that his decision making needs work. I made no excuse for the DECISION to throw it to JJ in the end zone. But if you watch the damn play you’ll see JJ is in mid stride. The second int was ATFER landing in his head! Give the kid a break! There were extenuating circumstances that contributed to his ints but it doesn’t change the decision. His list of things to improve on as a freshman consist of 1 thing. Decision making.

He is not ready physically, period. He's gotten 2 starts and hasn't come close to finishing a game and is very likely questionable vs the commies. He may be great somewhere down the road but it's not likely to be this year because of his current strength, I hope he is but he's got 2 brutal defensive minds coming up and we'll get beat to death if he turns it over vs Bama and SCjrs.
100% agree. This kid is nowhere ready to play SEC football. I hope he has a great career but it is not going to happen this year or next. Among our options JG gives us the best chance to win at QB.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Hey he had to learn to get down at some point.

I honestly like the fact he has tried running over people. Shows he isn’t scared.

Hopefully he learned how to play smart now.

I love the way he runs. Truly a dual threat. If he can find a healthy balance of knowing when to truck and when to play it safe he will scare defenses.

This is a tough one for me. On the one hand Maurer needs experience. On the other this will look really dumb if we lose Maurer for SC due to another concussion. I chalk this decision under the "I am glad it is not my decision to make" file.

Fairly confident that he has not had a concussion yet, unlike some on here blasting that he has had multiply concussions:rolleyes:

I've not dismissed anything he's done positive. You on the other hand have blamed all of his mistakes on someone else and act as his shortcomings don't have a big impact on the game. I personally believe when you add it up they both currently have major deficiencies, Maurer's production to this point has not been better than the starter he replaced and I just believe if he's not any better then the veteran gives you the best chance to win.
Gotta disagree. That veteran couldn't beat ga st. We're1-11 with him leading this team. He had 4 tries from the 5 yard line against Georgia's 3rd string, and couldn't complete a pass.

I'd agree except that he doesn't have the arm cannon that Bray possesses nor the elusiveness and lower body strength Dobbs has. He's kinda a poor man's combo of both. BM will be much better with added strength and maturation.
If you believe that JG should still be the starter, so be it. But not sure why you have to undermine/slight BM in the process. You said BM has a glass jaw. Well, he got cold cocked by a blitzer from his blind side. And took a nasty tumble laying it all on the line for his team.

Then you say he is a poor man's combo of Bray and Dobbs. I think the majority of UT fans would be pleased with these attributes in one quarterback. Not sure why you bash BM so to speak. Everyone knows he's young and learning. What exactly does JG bring to the "table" that BM doesn't??

If you believe that JG should still be the starter, so be it. But not sure why you have to undermine/slight BM in the process. You said BM has a glass jaw. Well, he got cold cocked by a blitzer from his blind side. And took a nasty tumble laying it all on the line for his team.

Then you say he is a poor man's combo of Bray and Dobbs. I think the majority of UT fans would be pleased with these attributes in one quarterback. Not sure why you bash BM so to speak. Everyone knows he's young and learning. What exactly does JG bring to the "table" that BM doesn't??
I said he wasn't ready physically OR he has a glass jaw. I personally believe it's because he's not ready physically, it has to be one of the two, which do you believe it is?

Gotta disagree. That veteran couldn't beat ga st. We're1-11 with him leading this team. He had 4 tries from the 5 yard line against Georgia's 3rd string, and couldn't complete a pass.
I personally think we lost the 1st 2 games because we were without Bituli and Thompson on defense. JG had 300+ yards passing the 1st game.

Also watched BM get it to the redzone only to throw it to the other team a few times as well.

My scenario for Saturday; Maurer keeps us close in the first half, 17-14ish. Then, second half, Tua gets a bad case of the turnovers. Pic, Sac, Pic. We capitalize, upset alert issued by ESPN, wet dream complete!!!!

Reactions: Volsfaninva917
You are the known racist just own it

lol, 'racist'. Everyone's a racist. You are for sure. Many college football players are, entire swathes of our planet are rife with it. Even the old AA lady at my corner store most certainly is (she hates Indians). Get over it. Racism is the least of our problems.

The tangible stats favor JG

Give it up. No one cares about your gerrymandered stats. We all saw 'JG' throw a three yard pass that Byrd took to the house. We know it was a three yard pass. You try to pass it off as a 50 yard bomb.

'JG' sucks. End of story. He lost to Ga State. He will never live that down. So just give it up. BM is much, much better.

Coaches agree wit me, not with you, btw. You're just not very knowledgeable about the game of football.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Al Orange

JG brings alot to the table that a Freshman doesn't. He brings experience, toughness, the physical ability and strength to play the position and not get hurt every other half, knowledge of our SEC opponents, he completes 65 out of every 100 pass attempts, he's been one of our team leaders and he's been fairly reliable at not giving the ball to the other team. He's also made several really nice throws this year but according to some on here he's never once made a decent pass. He's been pretty good on 3rd down plays this year as well. We've played 6 games and he's only played bad about 2 quarters. He's also one of if not the career leader in completion pct at UT. I think he offers a lot that a Freshman simply can't offer based on time and experience.

JG brings alot to the table that a Freshman doesn't. He brings experience, toughness, the physical ability and strength to play the position and not get hurt every other half, knowledge of our SEC opponents, he completes 65 out of every 100 pass attempts, he's been one of our team leaders and he's been fairly reliable at not giving the ball to the other team. He's also made several really nice throws this year but according to some on here he's never once made a decent pass. He's been pretty good on 3rd down plays this year as well. We've played 6 games and he's only played bad about 2 quarters. He's also one of if not the career leader in completion pct at UT. I think he offers a lot that a Freshman simply can't offer based on time and experience.
How many wins does JG have as a starter after 2.5 years? How many consecutive quarters has JG gone without throwing touchdown? Asking for a friend.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
The reality that JG is gone after this year is slowly setting in for them
I’m to the point where I believe k-town and posters like him are just trolls here for the purpose of generating traffic. Why else would anyone take up a ‘wrong headed’ position that basically no one agrees with and incessantly argue said position?

VN Store

Back