Maurer listed as the starter for Bama

Yes. Winning. We want the players who have performed in games and practice better to play.
Then there you have it..... about time you got on board because every since BM was named the starter have you noticed the narrative surrounding him change? Seems the reports are saying he looks crisp in practice all of sudden. Go figure 🤔.

Even seems you agree we should go with the one that’s performed in games. Do you realize how you used BMs passing stats against him vs MSU but didn’t include his rushing totals? What’s 61 + 41 K town? Let me help. It’s 102. JG beat him by a TOTAL of 4 yards in 2.5 quarters. BM did what he did in 1.5 quarters.

Don’t get it twisted, JG looked good and I’m happy for him. The kid deserves that kind of positivity after what the fan base has put him through. But did he OUT perform BM? No.
Since you like stats so much how does it make you feel now that someone has pointed out the STATS that show BM only needed a quarter and a half to match JGs totals for the rest of the game?

Reactions: cgrish and sjt18
They didn't say so publicly. Pruitt said they were in the "protocol". I know concussions are different in severity but it is not real likely he would be available to play if he had anything severe.

IMHO, they may have been more concerned about a cracked bone or something. That was a really awkward fall.
Pruitt actually said it in his press conference yesterday that he has a concussion.

Reactions: sjt18
Don't go by what Pruitt says. Half the stuff he says ain't true. Bama can not score 100 on us or anybody else. Half what Pruitt says is exaggerated. Another poster mentioned it before, I would be afraid of a sprained neck or fracture before a concussion.

You don't have any insider info from the family or friends?
Its hit and miss. So what I know that others may not isn’t about EVERY subject, especially during the season when he’s dialed in. He’s good about keeping inside things inside. For that reason I keep what I know (which is no more than you about his health) to myself as well out of respect for him. But if you pay attention to my opinions on my posts, sometimes they may hold weight. But not always.

That makes zero sense at this point, JG got benched and Pruitt showed how much he liked him by limiting what he did in the 2nd half. Pruitt nor Chaney trust JG with the football, it just took them a while to get Maurer ready after they realized JG still didn't comprehend big boy football.
You better back up!!! JG is now starting!!

That makes zero sense at this point, JG got benched and Pruitt showed how much he liked him by limiting what he did in the 2nd half. Pruitt nor Chaney trust JG with the football, it just took them a while to get Maurer ready after they realized JG still didn't comprehend big boy football.
Read the latest …….JG is starting!!

Not if Mauer is healthy he won't. I honestly hope JG starts and finishes against Ala. We aren't beating them and heed Brian healthy for the rest of our games. No reason for Brian to take that physical beating if we can't win . We saw Chaney doesn't trust JG, with how conservative we were when he was in the game. Chaney opens it up with Brian in the game. We need Brian healthy for the winnable games after we play Ala. If he liked JG that much he would still be starting
You got your wish! JG is starting!!

Read the latest …….JG is starting!!

As bad as I hate it I think you are right that jg will start. And if Maurer is not 100% healthy he shouldn't play. But I would start Shrout, See what he can do. But I don't see that happening. Pruitt will go with his boy jg, who is going to get him fired if he don't get off of him. Jg is transferring at the end of the year. So why not give Shrout a chance if Maurer is not able to start.

I think they tried Maurer to see if he could spark the team, much like CJP tried orange pants. Maybe he thinks JG is better off the bench and are trying that route, maybe they just gave up on JG which I think is the last thing they would do. I'm thinking that both continue to play all season this year. JG has made winning plays in the Vols 2 wins and played very average in the losses, I don't think Pruitt has given up on him yet and believe he'll still play a bunch. I'd be surprised if BM plays this week and it would not surprise me to see JG play well vs Alabama.

I would be really surprised for jg to have a good game, and I would love to be surprised.

VN Store

Back