Matthew Butler said 'everybody' in the 2017 class has considered leaving

Lets place blame where blame is deserved. Mike Hamilton! He is the rat that started the dominos falling to hell! This SOB wanted to fire Summit and did fire Phil in a season with a complete staff rebuild. Say what you may about Phil at the time; however, when your ENTIRE offensive coaching staff (save O line coach Atkins) gets poached by other teams you must be doing something right, such as having the Vols in the previous year's SEC title game. Then the mental midget hires Lane Kiffin. Remember, after Kiffin jumped ship NO ONE wanted to coach Tennessee. Top coaches saw a championship coach in Fulmer get the shaft by his alma mater. Our administration caused our national reputation to fall into the Mariana trench. When Hamilton resigned, he was paid $1.3M in severance by Chancellor Jimmy Cheek. No severance was owed. Administration incompetence for the world (and coaching candidates) to see. Do you remember the names tossed around to replace Lane? Hottest folks around "at the time." Muschamp, Gruden, Peterson, Petrino and even Fulmer. We ended up with Dooley. 2012? Same thing. Turned down by Gundy, Gruden, Fedora, Strong and etc. Chose Botch Jones over Kirby Smart. F#@%ing brilliant, right? The fact that we can get quality kids to still come to UT is a miracle unto itself. Make no mistake, this whole big $h%t sandwich we have endured over the past year lies squarely at the feet of Mike Hamilton. May God have mercy on his soul.

At least now we hired Danny White. Competent athletic administration is something he grew up in and he has a great track record. Perhaps we turn the corner by having a true professional in the seat previously filled by epic ineptitude.

For any nostalgia buffs out there, here are some links to coaching search articles from 2008, 2010 and 2012.

Tennessee facing unusual task of coaching search

Some Tennessee Head Coaching Candidates

Every possible Vols candidate
I agree with you Hamilton started the downward spiral. However Kiffin wasn’t the issue. The contract Hamilton signed Kiffin to was the issue. For some reason we continually get bent over the barrel on contracts. Kiffin had all the leverage in his contract and had no protection for Tennessee. At bare minimum a decent buyout should have been required for him to leave.

Lets place blame where blame is deserved. Mike Hamilton! He is the rat that started the dominos falling to hell! This SOB wanted to fire Summit and did fire Phil in a season with a complete staff rebuild. Say what you may about Phil at the time; however, when your ENTIRE offensive coaching staff (save O line coach Atkins) gets poached by other teams you must be doing something right, such as having the Vols in the previous year's SEC title game. Then the mental midget hires Lane Kiffin. Remember, after Kiffin jumped ship NO ONE wanted to coach Tennessee. Top coaches saw a championship coach in Fulmer get the shaft by his alma mater. Our administration caused our national reputation to fall into the Mariana trench. When Hamilton resigned, he was paid $1.3M in severance by Chancellor Jimmy Cheek. No severance was owed. Administration incompetence for the world (and coaching candidates) to see. Do you remember the names tossed around to replace Lane? Hottest folks around "at the time." Muschamp, Gruden, Peterson, Petrino and even Fulmer. We ended up with Dooley. 2012? Same thing. Turned down by Gundy, Gruden, Fedora, Strong and etc. Chose Botch Jones over Kirby Smart. F#@%ing brilliant, right? The fact that we can get quality kids to still come to UT is a miracle unto itself. Make no mistake, this whole big $h%t sandwich we have endured over the past year lies squarely at the feet of Mike Hamilton. May God have mercy on his soul.

At least now we hired Danny White. Competent athletic administration is something he grew up in and he has a great track record. Perhaps we turn the corner by having a true professional in the seat previously filled by epic ineptitude.

For any nostalgia buffs out there, here are some links to coaching search articles from 2008, 2010 and 2012.

Tennessee facing unusual task of coaching search

Some Tennessee Head Coaching Candidates

Every possible Vols candidate

Saban gets poached every year but he still wins and his coaches go on to be head coaches at that. People saw a program that Fulmer inherited did well with it then ran it into the ground. That is why he never even received a whiff for another coaching job.

I do agree in that Hamilton was not a good AD, at all! But, it was past time for Fulmer to go. Just as Florida did with Sharky, Fulmer backed into that SECCG and we all know it.

JOKER-ENEMA.gif

Reactions: HalfullVol
Before people start griping about Butler, he was probably responding to a question from a reporter baiting him to criticize his former teammates for leaving. This has been a routine question to every player the media gets to question.

I appreciate him giving an honest answer - that particular class has been through a lot of crap and some discouragement is understandable. I also appreciate his willingness to help get things restarted and in his words "build the brand of this university, make this football team elite". Hopefully, he has a great year!
Exactly .. guess those gripping read out of context ..also bet they never thought of changing jobs huh !!! My goodness ... these kids been thru so much .. Id think if they never thought of changing scenery that something would be wrong with them !!!

The fans have considered leaving as well. Nobody cares.
This is my 53rd year as fan, and this is the least excited i have been as a fan in the of season, like yesterday the DAWDS GOT ANOTHER TOP 50 RECRUIT, THEY GOT 5 TOP 50 PLAYERS SO FAR, i know it's early but a bunch of 3 stars won't get it in the SEC, i don't know if we will have a top 30 class, do we even have 1 verbal yet.

3 ADs, 3 HCs, 2-5 Position Coaches, 3 offensive/defensive schemes to learn, 4 S&C Coaches and impending ncaa sanctions.

As an added bonus they get ever demanding and often unrealistic fans.

The things people will do to get out of Student Loan Debt! lol
I played for 2 different coaches in college and I hated it. I can’t imagine 3 with 3 ADs

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo

VN Store

Back