Matt Romine

rexvol

The Minister of Defense
Tulsa, Okla., offensive lineman Matt Romine has listed a top five. The 6-foot-6, 285-pound tackle has made official visits to three of those schools and he hopes to see the other two soon.

does anyone know who they are?

Not UT. We have been out of this race for a little while. His top 5 are ND, Michigan, Oklahoma, Miami, and Florida.

In Pope and Sawtelle we have two big time OL. Our best chance at another "big time" OL is O'Dowd. His location is not optimal being from the west coast. But he is really high on UT. He was just recently named the #1 OL in the state of Arizona. He is a stud.

Yeah, if we don't land O'Dowd, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we don't go after any other OL. It isn't a huge need in this class, no reason to go after sleepers here.

Not UT. We have been out of this race for a little while. His top 5 are ND, Michigan, Oklahoma, Miami, and Florida.

In Pope and Sawtelle we have two big time OL. Our best chance at another "big time" OL is O'Dowd. His location is not optimal being from the west coast. But he is really high on UT. He was just recently named the #1 OL in the state of Arizona. He is a stud.

Yea it would be nice to land this guy, he is a stud.

Brent Hubbs actually said that he isn't even sure if we will have room for O'Dowd and he is a top 100 player. That is how far down on the priority list OL is this year.

I cant seem them telling a top 100 guy no thanks, but you never know

I dont know if Hubbs is in the know on that matter becuase this kid is one that you cant turn down. You have to just make the numbers work. Surely he misunderstood or something.

I would hope so, but our coaches may be that confident in our young OL. We have took enough athletes so far. We need some more DL and then land some studs to round the class out.

I would hope so, but our coaches may be that confident in our young OL. We have took enough athletes so far. We need some more DL and then land some studs to round the class out.

by "studs", you mean berry. god, we need that kid. he would be the next deon grant.

Berry reminds me Morley. Dang, I hate that we are wasting talent. Hepefully he will be the next Deon Grant. That's my man.

Berry is much better than Morley because he is a highly intelligent player. We are not wasting Morley's talent. He is the one that wont learn where to be and when to be there. That is on him. We are teaching him the same way we are teaching Hefney back there and he knows where to be. He is still young lets hope he comes around.

Morely's light hasnt come on yet, he looks like he still thinks all you need is physical ability to dominate, but when he finally realizes that you have to know the schemes he could really take off

umm, I think you are right. I believe our coaches teach him exactly the same thing as Hefney, maybe Jason Allen. I agree that he just doesn't learn...

Hopefully he will be better next year.

Isnt Morley just a Soph.? Give the kid some time. I remember when people were bashing Wade and Hefney. I think the secondary has done exceptionally well this year and despite years past, they are the strength of the D. If you look at the schemes this year, we are relying more on man coverage to get pressure on the qb with the up front 7 or even 8. Morley has played up at the line a bunch this year on blitz and run stopping packages. He hasnt learned positioning yet in pass coverage but I believe the light will come on this spring. Just my observations.

We need Marvin Austin to anchor or D-Line for a couple of years. Hopefully he will see the gaping hole we have at D-tackle and come and wear the orange and white.

VN Store

Back