Maryville RB Tee Hodge commits to Tennessee

It's funny you think you know why CJP recruited him. Lol so what's your experience doing this kinda work?

Quote my post where I said I knew why Pruitt recruited him, or anyone. I have no official experience in recruiting college football players, if that's what you're talking about. I don't need any official experience to know that Pruitt knows more about this kid and the Tennessee football program and what it's needs are than you do.

I love how people say you should talk to Pruitt and this guy is gonna go up in ratings blah blah blah. Yet they have just as much experience recruiting as me but seem to think their opinion is more valuable lol

The point was that CJP and his Assistants do have experience and just admitted you don't. There you have it!

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I love his commitment. We need a dozer.
I'm trying to think of who he'd remind me of with his size and 4.5 speed...maybe a Reggie Cobb type (RIP)...or Hurd, but we've got plenty TE's. Think his rating may be higher when the season rolls around since he had a broken leg during the season last year, and has put on 30 lbs and actually gained speed.

Reactions: SpookyAction
I like that we have him, I do like it. BUT, the article says he's coming off a broken fibula. Why is it we seem to always recruit and get damaged goods? It just seems this has been true on a yearly basis for a while now. I hope we don't end up with another player who retires from football for health issues. Not to put the kid down, and a broken leg heals quickly for such a young and robust fellow. It just seems we have a trend for this kind of thing.
Broken leg worries me less than ACL type injury. Saw in one article that he's put on 30 lbs and increased his speed. I get what you're saying though about the injuries. Really hoping Crouch comes in and tears it up at LB right out of the gate...or if he doesn't get serious action early at LB, let him carry the rock while he's buying time!

Glad we beat out UT Chattanooga for him. The Mocs are tough to turn down

He seems to be a good athlete but not necessarily a solid football player. They wanted him for a reason, let’s just hope the reason isn’t that he’s the best we can get.

He seems to be a good athlete but not necessarily a solid football player. They wanted him for a reason, let’s just hope the reason isn’t that he’s the best we can get.

Where is he lacking as a football player? Break it down for us Mel!

Reactions: Pappy

His rating was down because of the broken leg and much less playing time because of the injury. Like mentioned earlier, much less concerned about a broken leg than an ACL; the leg will be stronger at the break. ACLs are hit and miss on full recovery.

We got us a gem of a 3* RB. So now we have several options for handing of the ball:

Everydown back: Jordan
Speed, elusiveness and good receiver: Chandler/Gray
Bulldozer/short yardage: Banks/Hodge

GBO!

Quote my post where I said I knew why Pruitt recruited him, or anyone. I have no official experience in recruiting college football players, if that's what you're talking about. I don't need any official experience to know that Pruitt knows more about this kid and the Tennessee football program and what it's needs are than you do.
So how come we didn't get any of the 5 and 4 star RB that was big and fast? Oh wait...

Great eyes, and footwork. Has incredible instincts, with the ball, reading and following blocking. Doesn't have break-away SEC speed. But, great between the tackles, moving the chains, and finishes well. Much like a young Arian Foster. He does run a bit upright. Get those pads down, and drive through tacklers. Punish them. Hate them!!!

Reactions: Mccage
Is the leg why his stats were kinda pedestrian for P5 recruit? I don't know that UT is cursed like you say. But, I read he had 12TDs and 750yds or so. Pretty impressive, but not for this level. He must have missed a lot I'm assuming. Anyone know the story?

Disclaimer: It's a simple Q. I don't have any + or - opinion of recruit. Just learning. His size and speed sound exactly like the Pruitt prototype.

Tee missed the Heritage game and the Oakland playoff game. Tee won't put up 2000 yds and 50tds. Maryville doesn't let 1 player carry the whole load.

Reactions: livefaith
Glad we beat out UT Chattanooga for him. The Mocs are tough to turn down
He received offers from Arkansas and Oregon in May and I'm pretty sure that they would have both taken a commitment from him, if he had chosen them. He has a nice offer list but I understand that it's fun to make snarky comments disparaging our own recruits. That goes with the territory around here.

Not sure if it was already mentioned, but he is Randall Cobb's nephew. Got to watch him here in Maryville. No nonsense bruising back. Also played some OLB for the Rebs. Great kid

Watch his Highlights here:

VN Store

Back