Marxist Black Lives Matter

Not sure where to put this, but it bothered me. My significantly younger brother (19) "I can't even turn on my phone or play a video game without seeing black lives matter everywhere. Turn on the TV, black lives matter. Constant bashing of white people, it's so deflating to be talked down about all day every day. It's become socially acceptable to be racist towards white people and nothing happens. That professor tweeted White Lives Don't Matter, and she was praised by the school. I'm not saying I've ever personally experienced racism, but all social media does today is making fun of or talk down to white people. Other races are promoted as better. Joke about white people as much as you want because they don't matter. And if you don't conform to it, you are labeled a racist. I understand why people are so depressed right now. People who have never done anything racist in their lives are being lectured 24/7 on how not to be racist. I seriously don't understand. Isn't lumping people together as a whole what they are against? And if I say I don't understand, once again I'm a racist. I know it sounds crazy, but when we are old men are we going to be hunted down for being white?" Young people are being straight up brainwashed and shamed for being white. BLM is a fraud first off, but the entire movement has become what they said they were against. I hate that young people feel required to process all of this when adults can't even process it. It infuriates me that my brother feels this way, especially knowing he is the most thoughtful, caring young person I've interacted with.

Not sure where to put this, but it bothered me. My significantly younger brother (19) "I can't even turn on my phone or play a video game without seeing black lives matter everywhere. Turn on the TV, black lives matter. Constant bashing of white people, it's so deflating to be talked down about all day every day. It's become socially acceptable to be racist towards white people and nothing happens. That professor tweeted White Lives Don't Matter, and she was praised by the school. I'm not saying I've ever personally experienced racism, but all social media does today is making fun of or talk down to white people. Other races are promoted as better. Joke about white people as much as you want because they don't matter. And if you don't conform to it, you are labeled a racist. I understand why people are so depressed right now. People who have never done anything racist in their lives are being lectured 24/7 on how not to be racist. I seriously don't understand. Isn't lumping people together as a whole what they are against? And if I say I don't understand, once again I'm a racist. I know it sounds crazy, but when we are old men are we going to be hunted down for being white?" Young people are being straight up brainwashed and shamed for being white. BLM is a fraud first off, but the entire movement has become what they said they were against. I hate that young people feel required to process all of this when adults can't even process it. It infuriates me that my brother feels this way, especially knowing he is the most thoughtful, caring young person I've interacted with.

You and your younger brother need to take a longer term view, both of what has happened throughout our nation's history, and what the future should look like. A segment of society has been denigrated for 300+ years, at various levels, but in the big picture getting better over time. Still, there is frustration with the pace of change. If you were in that segment, you would feel it far more than you do than simply watching it evolve on tv.

Even if you are correct -- that reverse racism is as bad as racism -- you have to put it in context of everything that has gone on, where we are now, and where we ought to end up. Then it might not be so offensive to you and your brother.

You and your younger brother need to take a longer term view, both of what has happened throughout our nation's history, and what the future should look like. A segment of society has been denigrated for 300+ years, at various levels, but in the big picture getting better over time. Still, there is frustration with the pace of change. If you were in that segment, you would feel it far more than you do than simply watching it evolve on tv.

Even if you are correct -- that reverse racism is as bad as racism -- you have to put it in context of everything that has gone on, where we are now, and where we ought to end up. Then it might not be so offensive to you and your brother.

I have never seen a group such as the black community be given so much opportunity and people bending over so far backwards for them yet continue to say they are oppressed. It is quite mind boggling.

I respect the tone of your response, but I fully disagree. This isn't about my opinion, which I know we greatly differ. This is about young people, who are not responsible for any of this and haven't even made their mark on the world being shamed relentlessly for the color of their skin. It is exactly what black people have (rightly) fought for and achieved. Except we are now going backwards. Reverse racism isn't a real thing, it's just racism. It's mind-boggling that a professor at Cambridge can say "white lives don't matter" and then be backed up and supported by the University. It is setting an evil precedence that young people are having to process. How do you explain to a young, naive person that people find that acceptable? Also, I don't think he was offended, I think he's deeply confused and hurt by it.

Guessing the answer is...

The solution is to stop voting for racists in your cities. They ignore this violence partly because it doesn't fit the narrative, but also partly because the narrative they are pushing is exasperating this problem.

If you want it to stop vote for politicians that are serious about law and order. The BLM crowd is after power... They do not care about this. Not even a tiny little bit. It isn't worth even bringing it up to them.

I respect the tone of your response, but I fully disagree. This isn't about my opinion, which I know we greatly differ. This is about young people, who are not responsible for any of this and haven't even made their mark on the world being shamed relentlessly for the color of their skin. It is exactly what black people have (rightly) fought for and achieved. Except we are now going backwards. Reverse racism isn't a real thing, it's just racism. It's mind-boggling that a professor at Cambridge can say "white lives don't matter" and then be backed up and supported by the University. It is setting an evil precedence that young people are having to process. How do you explain to a young, naive person that people find that acceptable? Also, I don't think he was offended, I think he's deeply confused and hurt by it.

I said about a decade ago: The Black Community does not want equality they want the inequality reversed and they want to be in the Ole Whitey role. You see this coming out more and more today as openly racist comments are given a slide because they are on the opposite side.

The end game for them is to become exactly what they say they hate.

Ok... We had a pt who sounded exactly like roz. She was confused and yelling out. It was one of my less professional moments. I was in the nurses station almost crying over it and trying to be quiet, I had to go in the med room and gather myself.
Anybody in a service profession, especially healthcare, who cannot laugh and maintain their humanity will go crazy.

Anybody in a service profession, especially healthcare, who cannot laugh and maintain their humanity will go crazy.
That's true. I try to keep my sense of humor. Lately, it's been harder and harder to do. I'm ready for a change before I hit compassion burn out. I try to keep my jokes out of the public ear and never personally attached to a pt. But that was roz and she was saying really funny stuff, I was literally in tears laughing so hard.
Imagine the coaches with Buella Ballbreaker discussing identifying the guilty pecker....I was the coach falling off the chair.

It’s sad none of the dems here on this board care, none in the DNC media, none of these frauds SJWs and no dem/antifa politician cares about these babies killed every weekend in the dem/antifa led cities.

That's to be expected because it's all about an ideology agenda.

I'm disappointed in the black liberals on the board that don't have the stones to comment on these issues because they're indebted to the liberal plantation.

The problem is the vast majority of youth don't even know what reality is, their perception is based on wasted time online, on FB, Twitter, and all the other lala land virtual lemming sites. They are literally wasting their lives away.

Blame themselves and their parents.

As any individual, regardless of race, anyone concentrating on race and not individuals and their actions and words are bigoted hypocritical closet racists. The vast majority of people are decent and judge people, nothing more. But, the agenda's and political games are front and center, not honest conversation or solutions to the problems affecting African Americans and more importantly, African Americans in cities where they are poor.

In terms of race, Frederick Douglass says today's problems are problems because individuals are full of excuses and endure self pity and lack dedication, conviction, sacrifice and work.

He would say I was a slave, and lived during the period, and all this is hogwash. He would cry in pity for how the black culture has been politicized and used and made to stay as they are, blaming both every African American individual who says anything other than it's on me regardless, and to politicians for not ever doing anything but providing lip service and agenda's.

Why is it that he is not the face of black culture, and even the Dem party.........how is it you rarely hear anything concerning him and race and this country.........

He is probably the 3rd most important American figure behind Franklin and Jefferson.

You could have made a good point here, but you blew it. Assinine response as a whole. The past never, ever makes it OK to reverse roles in the present or future. Wrong is wrong, no mater which direction it is travelling. If people spent more time including God in this picture we have today, things would go so much better.

Sooooooo ****ing stupid.
There is only racism and it’s bad in any direction.
Don’t give me 300 years crap either. My people were exterminated 70 years ago and are still hated.

let’s try judging people based solely off of their actions and forget about their skin color.

Sooooooo ****ing stupid.
There is only racism and it’s bad in any direction.
Don’t give me 300 years crap either. My people were exterminated 70 years ago and are still hated.

let’s try judging people based solely off of their actions and forget about their skin color.

Dang straight. If there is any one ethnic group in the world that has a right to act out the way we see in the news, it would be the Jewish Community. If any single group of peoples in the history of the world has experienced systemic racism more than Jews, I'd like to know who they are.

Kudos for the way you approach the discussion, here. It is a good lesson for us all.

Whatever you do, try to mentor your brother. Ignorance, fear, confusion, all have a way of encouraging us to seek out comfort and security. If vulnerable, he could seek those in radical "white pride" groups. When that happens on the large scale, our society fails to move forward. We end up stagnating in the hate between competing groups and ideologies.

You sound savvy. You're probably way ahead of me on this but it was on my heart.

Dang straight. If there is any one ethnic group in the world that has a right to act out the way we see in the news, it would be the Jewish Community. If any single group of peoples in the history of the world has experienced systemic racism more than Jews, I'd like to know who they are.
#JewLivesAreSortaImportant

Kudos for the way you approach the discussion, here. It is a good lesson for us all.

Whatever you do, try to mentor your brother. Ignorance, fear, confusion, all have a way of encouraging us to seek out comfort and security. If vulnerable, he could seek those in radical "white pride" groups. When that happens on the large scale, our society fails to move forward. We end up stagnating in the hate between competing groups and ideologies.

You sound savvy. You're probably way ahead of me on this but it was on my heart.
I’m not sure how I feel about you being humble and serious.
Please stop

I have never seen a group such as the black community be given so much opportunity and people bending over so far backwards for them yet continue to say they are oppressed. It is quite mind boggling.

Your view of history is badly warped by your politics. I don't expect you to ever agree, or to be able even to comprehend it. But I can't just let your overly simplistic and misleading comment go without noting how wrong you are.

The problem is the vast majority of youth don't even know what reality is, their perception is based on wasted time online, on FB, Twitter, and all the other lala land virtual lemming sites. They are literally wasting their lives away.

Blame themselves and their parents.

As any individual, regardless of race, anyone concentrating on race and not individuals and their actions and words are bigoted hypocritical closet racists. The vast majority of people are decent and judge people, nothing more. But, the agenda's and political games are front and center, not honest conversation or solutions to the problems affecting African Americans and more importantly, African Americans in cities where they are poor.

In terms of race, Frederick Douglass says today's problems are problems because individuals are full of excuses and endure self pity and lack dedication, conviction, sacrifice and work.

He would say I was a slave, and lived during the period, and all this is hogwash. He would cry in pity for how the black culture has been politicized and used and made to stay as they are, blaming both every African American individual who says anything other than it's on me regardless, and to politicians for not ever doing anything but providing lip service and agenda's.

Why is it that he is not the face of black culture, and even the Dem party.........how is it you rarely hear anything concerning him and race and this country.........

He is probably the 3rd most important American figure behind Franklin and Jefferson.
But Al Sharpton, Louis Farrakhan and Malcolm X gets more quotes.

Your view of history is badly warped by your politics. I don't expect you to ever agree, or to be able even to comprehend it. But I can't just let your overly simplistic and misleading comment go without noting how wrong you are.

HBCU's
United N College Fund (BTW, is the name of this black only college tuition fund gonna change, or be shared in the interest of equality?)
Hiring Quota Advantages
Lifetime Gov't Assistance

I think you are misled as well my friend. My opinion has not been swayed by politics but by experience. Black people have been given opportunity hand and fist for at minimum the last 1.5 decades vs. white people and they don’t even realize it. If you have worked in corporate America and been a part of the hiring process you would see how insanely flawed hiring systems are due to “diversity quotas”. It’s to the point I almost cringe when I get a minority candidate because even if they are atrociously under-qualified and are horrid at interviewing you basically have to provide a dissertation to HR to prove why you didn’t feel they were an appropriate candidate. For a white candidate all i have to say is nah I didn’t care for them on to the next one. Once you hire a minority you can’t fire them because even if you point to terrible job performance they can still cry discrimination. The system is all bent out of shape to make minorities successful and they will even automatically be put on progression programs.

You don’t even want to get me started on college admissions and how much they bend on requirements to increase the diversity of their campuses. You see this especially in elite college campuses and their drop out rates of minorities which is directly attributed to them lowering requirements to boost their minority populations and not accepting non-minorities who are more qualified.

The entire system from education to job placement to climbing the ladder is intensely skewed to helping minorities yet minority communities continually claim oppression.

Did you also know that higher level sports entities such as the NBA and NFL are actually offering incentives for them hiring minority executives.

I’m sorry but it is 100% the black community keeping themselves down in these regards and that is all experience based unlike your emotional politics.

I think you are misled as well my friend. My opinion has not been swayed by politics but by experience. Black people have been given opportunity hand and fist for at minimum the last 1.5 decades vs. white people and they don’t even realize it. If you have worked in corporate America and been a part of the hiring process you would see how insanely flawed hiring systems are due to “diversity quotas”. It’s to the point I almost cringe when I get a minority candidate because even if they are atrociously under-qualified and are horrid at interviewing you basically have to provide a dissertation to HR to prove why you didn’t feel they were an appropriate candidate. For a white candidate all i have to say is nah I didn’t care for them on to the next one. Once you hire a minority you can’t fire them because even if you point to terrible job performance they can still cry discrimination. The system is all bent out of shape to make minorities successful and they will even automatically be put on progression programs.

You don’t even want to get me started on college admissions and how much they bend on requirements to increase the diversity of their campuses. You see this especially in elite college campuses and their drop out rates of minorities which is directly attributed to them lowering requirements to boost their minority populations and not accepting non-minorities who are more qualified.

The entire system from education to job placement to climbing the ladder is intensely skewed to helping minorities yet minority communities continually claim oppression.

Did you also know that higher level sports entities such as the NBA and NFL are actually offering incentives for them hiring minority executives.

I’m sorry but it is 100% the black community keeping themselves down in these regards and that is all experience based unlike your emotional politics.

The black community needs stronger leaders pointing these things out to black youth vs. Michelle Obama misleading them in graduation ceremonies saying that someone is going to do nothing but push you down all the way.

The black community would be so much more prominent if they only had stronger leaders with louder voices condemning criminal culture and promoting the opportunities that are available.

Success is a mindset and unfortunately the folks the black leaders have looked to past MLK have prompted that they are going to be unsuccessful no matter what. After 50 years of that mindset you get what we have today which is a large amount of the community believing they have no opportunity no matter how hard they work and a negative mentality which eventually Will lead to higher crime rates.

VN Store

Back