Marvin West on the problem we are in

I resist this notion that Pruitt is a "good father"..."nice guy"...or even "good guy." There is zero proof that he is any of those. Based on what I've seen there is no evidence he is anything but a grade A jerk. "Good father?" Maybe. We don't know. He comes off as a pompous ass and jerk to me. Just cuz a guy has a family w kids doesn't make him a good guy.
Saban isn’t exactly a nice guy. Neither is Meyer. Richt was a great guy but mediocre coach. I don’t care what kind of person Pruitt is as long as he’s committing no criminal acts. I don’t care that he’s sounds like a mouth breathing moron. Hell I wouldn’t even care about his downright questionable man love for JG. All I care about is him winning football games.

Reactions: feathersax
I resist this notion that Pruitt is a "good father"..."nice guy"...or even "good guy." There is zero proof that he is any of those. Based on what I've seen there is no evidence he is anything but a grade A jerk. "Good father?" Maybe. We don't know. He comes off as a pompous ass and jerk to me. Just cuz a guy has a family w kids doesn't make him a good guy.

You are an embarrassment to this board, like many! You don't know the man. Quit judging him OUTSIDE OF FOOTBALL! Several FORMER PLAYERS have said what a GREAT MAN and FATHER FIGURE he was to them. You don't have to attack the man because he didn't turn around the football program like everyone thought he would at the end of 2019!!!!! As far as being a NICE GUY on the FOOTBALL FIELD, you know what they say. Nice guys finish last. I am sure Saban is a MAJOR PRICK at TIMES to HIS PLAYERS, STAFF, ETC... But, he gets away with it BECAUSE HE LEADS HIS TEAM TO WINS!!! If Pruitt went 7-3 this year instead of 3-7, you wouldn't be attacking a man when YOU HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT ANYTHING WITHIN HIS PERSONAL LIFE!!!

Another masterpiece by West.

Mr. West is familiar with how much I treasure the way he handles his craft. I let him know every year or so by email. I don't know of anyone that thinks this ends well, but also do not know how to expedite a transition. If the investigation does not mitigate the costs, the year of the COVID will probably require us to let him start next season. Only a miracle would let it go longer. Hopefully post COVID revenue will be enough with the reduced buyouts to put us in a reasonably high competitive position next year. I am guessing all the posturing with available names we know, that CPF can call on, are hopefully going to bridge the gaps created by departures. That is where I think we are based on the open ended conclusions of this article. He did not spend much time statusing or speculating on where the money guys are, so I am guessing they are holding their cards tight to their chest and the only wildcards that can impact solution timelines.

From 2005 through 2020, the University of Tennessee has had four presidents, five chancellors, four athletics directors, five head football coaches and nine losing seasons.

- Marvin West

And we wonder why we are in the bottom portion of the 130 D1 programs. 9 losing seasons out of 15. That's 60%.

VN Store

Back