Marvin opines on the loss and our $5 million coach

Think Barns Throws a basketball on the court and tells them to play.

Consistently inconsistent was the phrase last year too.

Yeah, it seems the team has been regressing for awhile now. They have plenty of quality players, but they just seem out of sync right now.

I don't think the fan base is going to stay silent if Vols continue to tread this quicksand of an offense.

This fan base is about to morph into the Texas fanbase with continued incompetent offensive display. (weaving along the 3 pt line waiting for the clock
to count down to 3 sec before heaving a desperation throw at the rim)

Reactions: savannahfan
I don't think the fan base is going to stay silent if Vols continue to tread this quicksand of an offense.

This fan base is about to morph into the Texas fanbase with continued incompetent offensive display. (weaving along the 3 pt line waiting for the clock
Already beginning to sound eerily similar to the last years at Texas.

Texas fans also replaced him with someone worse so I don’t think this would be the best example.

I’ve said Barnes needs to retire a few years ago. But my opinion isn’t popular on here. The same people that think every football coach we fired needs two or three more years will show up again when discussing canning him. Remember folks. Barnes wanted to bolt to UCLA.
Tennessee should have let Barnes walk, ironically enough the guy who Tennessee probably would have hired to replace him has taken UCLA to a final 4. Barnes is making top 5 money for what? He's yet to win the conference out right, he's yet to win the conference tournament and he hasn't made it past the sweet 16.

Doubt the administration are formulating their firing plans based on the opinions of negative trolls on a message board. Coach Majors used to comment on the negativity prior to Al Gore inventing the interwebs
Honestly, Barnes contract just speaks to how stupid this university has been overall with spending. Top 5 salary in the country for what?

Tennessee should have let Barnes walk, ironically enough the guy who Tennessee probably would have hired to replace him has taken UCLA to a final 4. Barnes is making top 5 money for what? He's yet to win the conference out right, he's yet to win the conference tournament and he hasn't made it past the sweet 16.

TN has TWO outright SEC championships in 90 years.

TN hasn’t won an SEC tournament championship in the last 42 years.

TN has been to ONE Elite Eight in its history.
———————————————————————
Barnes has TN well positioned to accomplish all of those things.
———————————————————————
TN has 11 SEC championships. 4 before 1944 and 7 since 1967. Barnes has one of those championships.

TN has been to 8 Sweet 16s in history. Barnes has one of them.

TN has been to FIVE SEC tournament finals since 1979. Barnes has been to two of them. 40% of TN’s total.

It's not an example. It's his last job. Check out #3 in the article. sounds a little too familiar.
UT Hoops Season Preview: Do or Die for Rick Barnes

The biggest difference I see is that unlike his last year at Texas, he has several upperclassmen that should have developed into better players.
Vescovi has improved, but he is the only upperclassman that has.

People at Texas didn't care for Barnes because he treated them like rags, according to the article., much like he is doing now. His time here is limited
if he doesn't turn the ship around.

In spite of what many VN posters type here, he can be replaced much easier this go around. He has a good roster to help the next coach.

Reactions: SlyStone
Stable program, good base of talent, great fans and (we hope) good AD. If Barnes retired gracefully the job would be highly attractive to other coaches.
Won't argue that but I was really referring to the great white whale the fans will clamor for. I dare not speak the name.
1641827621311.png

TN has TWO outright SEC championships in 90 years.

TN hasn’t won an SEC tournament championship in the last 42 years.

TN has been to ONE Elite Eight in its history.
———————————————————————
Barnes has TN well positioned to accomplish all of those things.
———————————————————————
TN has 11 SEC championships. 4 before 1944 and 7 since 1967. Barnes has one of those championships.

TN has been to 8 Sweet 16s in history. Barnes has one of them.

TN has been to FIVE SEC tournament finals since 1979. Barnes has been to two of them. 40% of TN’s total.
Barnes has a shared SEC title not an outright title. Here's the issue, Barnes is making top 5 money for mediocre success. For whatever reason Barnes and elite talent mix like oil and water. Like I said, Barnes contract is a prime example of how UT has wasted money over the years.

VN Store

Back