Marvel's Avengers (PS4, Xbox One, PS5, Xbox Series X, PC)

Brave Volunteer

I didn't see a thread posted for this. I wasn't initially interested in this game but the latest deep dive trailer looks pretty good. Not sure if this is a day one purchase for me but I'll be keeping an eye on it.

067d43bc9413b1f4f5048e02c7eff947.jpg

Marvel's Avengers Game

Marvel’s Avengers is an epic, third-person, action-adventure game that combines an original, cinematic story with single-player and co-operative gameplay*. Assemble into a team of up to four players online, master extraordinary abilities, customize a growing roster of Heroes, and defend the Earth from escalating threats.

The game features iconic Heroes as you’ve never seen them before, notable villains, recognizable locations, and awesome powers set in an original Avengers story.

Unlock powerful skills, heroic abilities, and unique gear for each of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes to suit your playstyle.

Up to four players assemble online to defend the Earth from escalating threats that only the Avengers can overcome.

Spiderman will be an exclusive to PS4/PS5 playable character in Marvel's Avengers. From the twitter account of Crystal Dynamics...

"We can’t wait for you to add Spider-Man to your Marvel’s Avengers roster in early 2021, and as we’ve promised before, he will be available at no additional cost to owners of the base game, exclusively on PlayStation."

Last edited:
Had a lot of fun with this beta this first weekend. Didn't play as much as I woild have liked but excited about putting more time in this weekend. There are some issues with the game, but its a ton of fun and a lot of thise things could be addressed and fixed. The potential for this game is pretty high IMO. I ended up getting a free copy of the game when it releases through Verizon Up rewards program.

Spiderman will be an exclusive to PS4/PS5 playable character in Marvel's Avengers. From the twitter account of Crystal Dynamics...

The only thing I'm a little bummed about is it's not the same Spider-man as the 2018 game. I get it's different developers/companies making each game but I was hoping it would officially make it a video game "MCU" that's been rumored, especially after the SM game established all the other Marvel heroes existed in that universe. I guess they can go the "multiverse" route or retcon it later if they come to some agreement.

Reactions: Brave Volunteer
The only thing I'm a little bummed about is it's not the same Spider-man as the 2018 game. I get it's different developers/companies making each game but I was hoping it would officially make it a video game "MCU" that's been rumored, especially after the SM game established all the other Marvel heroes existed in that universe. I guess they can go the "multiverse" route or retcon it later if they come to some agreement.

If Spiderman wasn't a PlayStation exclusive character I could see them doing that. However I don't see much point in treating it as an MCU type of situation when at least half of your player base (Xbox and PC) won't have access to that character.

If Spiderman wasn't a PlayStation exclusive character I could see them doing that. However I don't see much point in treating it as an MCU type of situation when at least half of your player base (Xbox and PC) won't have access to that character.

Yeah; plus the SM games are PS exclusives so I guess that wouldn't help either.

Game is much smoother on PS4 than any of the betas. Few framerate drops and a couple of glitches, but the gameplay is so much smoother and I am playing on 4K/HDR. More of a story with this game that I initially thought, which is a great thing.

Attachments

• EgzmLCkXcAA62A3.jpeg
    EgzmLCkXcAA62A3.jpeg
    187.8 KB · Views: 6
I'm kind of in gaming "limbo" right now until next gen starts. The only thing I'm playing currently is Mario 3D All Stars on Switch.

Another live service game that just tanks. Great up til the point you are expecting that trickle content that never comes.

The Premium version of this is only $20 on the PS Store right now, so I picked it up last night. I only played the first 45 minutes or so of it, but so far it doesn't seem that bad.

Another live service game that just tanks. Great up til the point you are expecting that trickle content that never comes.

It should've been a single player action rpg. Guardians of the Galaxy is fantastic! (Seriously, play it if you havent checked it out). They shouldve used that template.

I picked that up too, it was 40% off on PS Store.

I just picked it up too. I’m having fun with it, but so far the “bad guys” you fight are lame. I don’t really want to shoot at little balls rolling around and gel cubes that stab at you. I really hope they give me some more interesting stuff to fight.

VN Store

Back