Marvel's Agents of SHIELD (ABC)

Does it piss anyone else off that they put Avenger 2 spoilers inside a tv show when hardly any part of the public has seen the movie?

Does it piss anyone else off that they put Avenger 2 spoilers inside a tv show when hardly any part of the public has seen the movie?

I was talking to my wife about this very thing last night. you go from last weeks show, and then have them talking about what shield did in the movie. totally pissed!

mad.gif

Not really that's what makes AOS so appealing is the close relationship to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

This is what the third film where it is connected to the show so you had to know it was coming with that said I knew that and DVRed this episode and plan on waiting till I get around to seeing Age of Ultron before finishing up this season.

I was talking to my wife about this very thing last night. you go from last weeks show, and then have them talking about what shield did in the movie. totally pissed!

mad.gif

It was completely unnecessary, especially with going into that much detail about it. They could have referenced the movie in a more vague way as to not give away so much info.

Not really that's what makes AOS so appealing is the close relationship to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

This is what the third film where it is connected to the show so you had to know it was coming with that said I knew that and DVRed this episode and plan on waiting till I get around to seeing Age of Ultron before finishing up this season.

I had to know it was coming LESS than a week after the movie was released in theaters?! The difference between the other movie references was that I actually plan on seeing Avengers 2.

So, what you're saying is that its a lose-lose? If they do it like they did Thor: The Dark World, they are trashed for not tying in enough but when they do it like they did this time, they tied in too much?

So, what you're saying is that its a lose-lose? If they do it like they did Thor: The Dark World, they are trashed for not tying in enough but when they do it like they did this time, they tied in too much?

I didn't care about the Thor movie or the second Captain America movie even though I eventually saw both. That said... I could care less if they try and tie in the tv show with any of the movies, especially if they are going to do it 3 days after it came out in the theaters. I don't think they're(tv show) benefiting from it one bit.

I didn't care about the Thor movie or the second Captain America movie even though I eventually saw both. That said... I could care less if they try and tie in the tv show with any of the movies, especially if they are going to do it 3 days after it came out in the theaters. I don't think they're(tv show) benefiting from it one bit.
So...are you just watching for the Avengers movies?

So...are you just watching for the Avengers movies?

I'm a bigger fan of the Avenger series than the other two mentioned. I think we can probably all agree that movie wise the recent Avenger films are superior to the recent Thor and Captain America films. That's not to say the second Captain America film wasn't pretty darn good though. Miles better than the first one.

Let me elaborate some more on the tie in actually. If all they're going to do is tie in the movies with the tv show by merely speaking about it then just drop it altogether. If you're going to actually have the actors from the movies make an appearance then fine leave it in. I know the only exception to this rule so far has been Fury and the chic from Thor but you haven't seen Thor, Captain America, or any of the Avengers on the tv show and we probably never will.

I'm a bigger fan of the Avenger series than the other two mentioned. I think we can probably all agree that movie wise the recent Avenger films are superior to the recent Thor and Captain America films. That's not to say the second Captain America film wasn't pretty darn good though. Miles better than the first one.

Let me elaborate some more on the tie in actually. If all they're going to do is tie in the movies with the tv show by merely speaking about it then just drop it altogether. If you're going to actually have the actors from the movies make an appearance then fine leave it in. I know the only exception to this rule so far has been Fury and the chic from Thor but you haven't seen Thor, Captain America, or any of the Avengers on the tv show and we probably never will.

I see your point but I disagree. It feels more like a real interconnected universe when their are varying degrees of mention of the rest of the universe. A cameo here, a mention there, a passing reference occasionally. I like it that way, personally. Jmo of course.

Also, I liked Winter Soldier better than Age of Ultron. Like O said earlier, it was 4th on my list behind Winter Soldier, Avengers 1, and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Watching season 2 on Netflix. I'm up to the point where Hydra has captured Deathlok and Coulson has turned himself in.

Ming Na is pretty hot at 51 years old.

Reactions: 1 person
Watching season 2 on Netflix. I'm up to the point where Hydra has captured Deathlok and Coulson has turned himself in.

Ming Na is pretty hot at 51 years old.

She's not bad at all but I'm taking Chloe Bennet any day!

Marvel's Agent Carter was cancelled yesterday after two seasons on ABC and the network also passed on picking up to series the Agents of SHIELD spin-off Marvel's Most Wanted starring Adrianne Palicki & Lance Blood as Bobbi Morse aka "Mockingbird" & Lance Hunter.

It will be interesting if they now try and write them back into Agents of SHIELD next season.

Really enjoyed the finale but .....
I didn't like how it ended after the explosion. They had just spent how many episodes to get Daisy back and now I take it out of grief she goes nuts based on the paper clippings & starts destroying things? We also apparently have a new SHIELD Director probably Gen. Talbot.

Heard it's moving to the 10pm slot next season so it can get a little edgier.

Really enjoyed the finale but .....
I didn't like how it ended after the explosion. They had just spent how many episodes to get Daisy back and now I take it out of grief she goes nuts based on the paper clippings & starts destroying things? We also apparently have a new SHIELD Director probably Gen. Talbot.

She's fighting crime and helping people in an unorthodox way. The bridge she took down to stop criminals trying to flee the police out of San Francisco. The bank she took down after hours. There's probably a reason she took down the bank after breaking into it. Run by a evil people maybe?

Ghost Rider! That was awesome. It would have been cool if they had gotten Nicholas Cage but you knew that would never happen.

Ghost Rider! That was awesome. It would have been cool if they had gotten Nicholas Cage but you knew that would never happen.

Yep yep. And instead of being on a bike he has a 69 Charger. Sweettttt!!!! Great opening episode last night.

I didn't realize Marvel got the rights back to Ghost Rider. Sort of seems too big of a character to throw on the show but maybe he's not as popular as I thought. I mean the character did get 2 major motion picture releases that both did ok.

I didn't realize Marvel got the rights back to Ghost Rider. Sort of seems too big of a character to throw on the show but maybe he's not as popular as I thought. I mean the character did get 2 major motion picture releases that both did ok.

Well they did go with the modern rversion and not the original Jonny Blaze version.

Is ABC letting this stay on to get to the magical 100 episode mark? Because the ratings for the show are hardly impressive and they look like they are continuing to struggle this season.

I originally started watchign in Season 1 but quit about 2/3 in because I found the show pretty meh. I'm trying again on Netflix and thinking maybe binge watching may help.

Is ABC letting this stay on to get to the magical 100 episode mark? Because the ratings for the show are hardly impressive and they look like they are continuing to struggle this season.

I originally started watchign in Season 1 but quit about 2/3 in because I found the show pretty meh. I'm trying again on Netflix and thinking maybe binge watching may help.

Is it helping?

The pilot didn't win me over. Plus no characters from the comics initially. I tried to come back for a couple episodes when Winter Soldier came out but it still didn't hold my attention.

Is it helping?

The pilot didn't win me over. Plus no characters from the comics initially. I tried to come back for a couple episodes when Winter Soldier came out but it still didn't hold my attention.

I've watched 4 episodes.

It's ok, but it's extremely inferiro to the Netflix MCU shows, and not just because those shows have more freedom. The writing and acting are vastly superior on the Netflix shows.

Honestly it would probably work much better as a Netflix show and cut down the number of episodes. Having 22 a season is way too many.

That's because the first season was the worst imo. This show didn't seem to find itself until about halfway through season 2 and it is a shame the writers took that long to figure it out.

That's because the first season was the worst imo. This show didn't seem to find itself until about halfway through season 2 and it is a shame the writers took that long to figure it out.

Finally caught up and I have to agree. The first season is the worst but it gets better from Season 2 on. It's still on the cheesy side but I think that partly because of the restraints of being a network show. It would definitely be a better show on Netflix, though I wouldn't want it to go as serious or R rated as the other shows, because I like the more laid back approach of the show. It also was better being able to binge watch it.

Last night was pretty good because of the appearance of the Johnny Blaze version of Ghost Rider, although it was only a very quick glimpse. I wonder if that means we might still see a Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider Netflix show or movie.

VN Store

Back