Marvel Cinematic Universe

1st two episodes of Hawkeye dropped today. I watched the first one and was pleasantly surprised. Better than I thought it would be.

Anyone else catch it yet?

Reactions: OptimusPrimerib
Hawkeye is ok. Definitely the weakest so far of the Marvel shows.

I’ll be honest, so far aI like it better than F&WS. It’s a little more light hearted. Kinda dig the concept of Clint trying to tie up loose ends to be home for Christmas.

Not sure where they are going with Echo. She was never a villain but she did wear the Ronin suit for a short time.

I liked it but unless things ramp up quickly, it feels like they are really stretching to even fill 6 episodes with this material. I did geek out a bit when Lalo appeared.

I’ll be honest, so far aI like it better than F&WS. It’s a little more light hearted. Kinda dig the concept of Clint trying to tie up loose ends to be home for Christmas.

Not sure where they are going with Echo. She was never a villain but she did wear the Ronin suit for a short time.

If the talk is true, probably mostly just setting her up for her own series, which is supposed to feature Daredevil some too.

The scene tonight with Kate and Yelena was some of the best dialogue in the MCU so far. Yelena is a terrific character.

Maybe feelings are mixed, but this is very much my second favorite Disney+ MCU series behind WandaVision.

I would basically rate it:

1. WV
2. Hawkeye
3. Loki
4. pretty much watching anything else before settling for Falcon/WS
5. Falcon/WS

The scene tonight with Kate and Yelena was some of the best dialogue in the MCU so far. Yelena is a terrific character.

Maybe feelings are mixed, but this is very much my second favorite Disney+ MCU series behind WandaVision.

I would basically rate it:

1. WV
2. Hawkeye
3. Loki
4. pretty much watching anything else before settling for Falcon/WS
5. Falcon/WS

I agree. I wasn’t as excited for this one, but I’m really enjoying it. Hawkeye and wandavision are at the top for me, then Loki. Falcon and winter soldier was a disappointment to me.
And Yelena just steals the show whenever she’s on the screen man. I felt that way in the black widow movie as well. Just an awesome character, Florence Pugh is doing great.

Reactions: Ttucke11
I guess I'm not getting the F&WS hate, I thought it was a pretty solid series. I like WV but I knock it down for trying to be too cute and it was dragged out a few episodes too long; the Ralph Bohner thing is IMO the worst thing the MCU has done since Iron Man 3.

Reactions: vols50
I guess I'm not getting the F&WS hate, I thought it was a pretty solid series. I like WV but I knock it down for trying to be too cute and it was dragged out a few episodes too long; the Ralph Bohner thing is IMO the worst thing the MCU has done since Iron Man 3.
The ending to Falcon And Winter Soldier was weak. It was pretty good until that point. They deserve a second season to finish strong.

It’s my least favorite of the shows but that doesn’t mean I didn’t like it. I think it was a little muddy with trying to make John Walker a misunderstood hero and Carly a misunderstood villain AND try to squeeze in Isiah storyline. I think it but off more than it could chew in 6 episodes.

VN Store

Back