Marvel Cinematic Universe

Well ? Anybody seen Shang-Chi ? Heard it was great, but haven't seen it. Eternals ? Heard it was average at best, haven't seen it, tho. Probably going to watch Shang-Chi, this week, so if it's as good as I've heard, I will gladly eat some crow

Saw Shang Chi and really enjoyed it.

Looking forward to Eternals. Most of the “bad” reviews are saying it’s overly ambitious and doesn’t quite stick the landing.

I thought the Eternals was very good. I enjoyed it a little more than Shang Chi.
I was wondering if anyone had watched it. Idk if I'll make it to the theater, but I'm looking forward to it.

Reactions: vols 30
I thought the Eternals was very good. I enjoyed it a little more than Shang Chi.

That’s good to hear. Critics raked it over the coals but audiences seem to be enjoying it. Hope to catch it next week.

Reactions: vols 30
I was wondering if anyone had watched it. Idk if I'll make it to the theater, but I'm looking forward to it.

I went to the theater today. It really needs to be seen in the theater if possible.

I guess the only criticism from me would be the time they spend with some characters. There's 10 Eternals, and few don't get much screen time, but that's probably just me nitpicking

There's 2 after credit scenes and they are great

Saw it last night and really enjoyed it. Don’t understand the negative reviews at all. It’s better than several MCU movies off the top of my head. It’s different in overall tone. Not ‘dark’ but more moody that the typical MCU movie.

It deviates from the comics heavily. Probably more so than any of the other movies. Had some unexpected twists. Loved the ending.

I put it in my Tier 2. I would like to watch it again but I don’t think it’s one I would watch over and over and over.

Shang Chi good.

Little underwhelmed by Disney Day, some titles move too far away from the Loki-Kane/Timeline arc. Seems like a lot of filler.

Certainly getting excited for next series and to move toward MoM.

Last edited:
I liked Shang Chi way more than I expected. Like I figured I’d like it but wasn’t expecting to really like it. Loved the callback to IM3.

I liked Shang Chi way more than I expected. Like I figured I’d like it but wasn’t expecting to really like it. Loved the callback to IM3.

Doing what they can to retcon that cluster eff of a movie.

Seriously, how that got a better RT score than Eternals I will never understand.

Doing what they can to retcon that cluster eff of a movie.

Seriously, how that got a better RT score than Eternals I will never understand.

I've never understood any of the acclaim for IM3. I mean I enjoy every MCU movie so I like even the "bad" ones, but that's pretty much at the bottom of my MCU list.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
I've never understood any of the acclaim for IM3. I mean I enjoy every MCU movie so I like even the "bad" ones, but that's pretty much at the bottom of my MCU list.
it was a lot of razzle dazzle, unfunny jokes. and a horrid horrid villain. no tie in to the overall story.

So, pretty much a waste of time. And STILL better than the best DC movie, by leaps and bounds.

it was a lot of razzle dazzle, unfunny jokes. and a horrid horrid villain. no tie in to the overall story.

So, pretty much a waste of time. And STILL better than the best DC movie, by leaps and bounds.
No way is it better than any of the Nolan Batman films. Those are some of the best movies ever made. The Dark Knight is pretty much a perfect film.

No way is it better than any of the Nolan Batman films. Those are some of the best movies ever made. The Dark Knight is pretty much a perfect film.
Didnt realize Nolan's Batmans were part of DCU. (figured it was on its own). Makes sense though.

Ill agree.

Didnt realize Nolan's Batmans were part of DCU. (figured it was on its own). Makes sense though.

Ill agree.

They aren't. If you meant the DCU/DCEU then I still wouldn't agree as I think Wonder Woman was better than IM3, and maybe even Shazaam. I at least enjoyed both of those more than IM3. Part of the problem is IM3 was the first one after Avengers so whatever movie they threw out was likely going to have some level of letdown. But even still, it was pretty meh. In fact overall I find the solo IM movies meh. The first one is outstanding, but 2 and 3.....blah.

Reactions: BenGrimm
They aren't. If you meant the DCU/DCEU then I still wouldn't agree as I think Wonder Woman was better than IM3, and maybe even Shazaam. I at least enjoyed both of those more than IM3. Part of the problem is IM3 was the first one after Avengers so whatever movie they threw out was likely going to have some level of letdown. But even still, it was pretty meh. In fact overall I find the solo IM movies meh. The first one is outstanding, but 2 and 3.....blah.
WW was ok. Shazam, not so much.

Still think IM 3 was better than both.

WW exists bc of Gal Gadot.

VN Store

Back