Marvel Cinematic Universe

I liked Thor 2 and never understood the hate on it. Watched it again last night and still don’t get it. The villain is under developed but that is a problem with almost every Marvel movie.

Since I originally watched these with years In between I am getting different perspective on them as I go through it over the last few weeks.

If I were to put them in tiers:

T1: Can watch it over and over and not be tired of it.
IM, Thor, Cap FA, Avengers

T2: Would watch again if someone else wanted to.
Thor 2, IM2
I
T3: I hope I never have to sit through it again.
Hulk, IM3

Next up is CA:WS which I know is going to be T1.
Hate that Garry Shandling’s legacy includes “Hail Hydra.”

Reactions: franklinpence
Kids did not like Infinity War LOL.

Hulk is my middle child’s favorite so he was pretty upset that he was only in the one scene. I think they were enjoying it until the end. They had a hard time with Thanos winning.
Tell them they're about to see dat ass grt whup't. Twice.

Reactions: BenGrimm
Tell them they're about to see dat ass grt whup't. Twice.

I prefer to keep them going in fresh… aside from pre-viewing comic reading.

They are savvy enough to realize that the snap will be reversed.

Really? I thought he was a good choice for something quirky like Dr Strange.
Tony Stark and Dr Strange were the two Avengers who were actually likable characters in my book. The others all seemed self adsorbed two dimensional by comparison (well maybe not Rocket Raccoon either come to think of it)

Tony Stark and Dr Strange were the two Avengers who were actually likable characters in my book. The others all seemed self adsorbed two dimensional by comparison (well maybe not Rocket Raccoon either come to think of it)

Funny you say that considering both characters whole pathos was are about them having to get past being self absorbed.

Reactions: 95 Vol Alum
Funny you say that considering both characters whole pathos was are about them having to get past being self absorbed.
Indeed, that very journey is what gives them depth, dimension, and allows us to see our own similar journey in them. Because that is the crux of the process of growing into a fully integrated and attached human being.

I don't like going to the theater, never have. The last 2 movies I've seen in the theater were The revenge of the Sith and before it A Few Good Men.

Top Gun: Maverick was to be the first since RotS but now it might just be Black Widow. It probably won't be worthy, but I really look forward to it.

Reactions: joevol33
Watched Endgame last night. Kids went bonkers when everyone came back. They liked it a lot more than IW.

IM, Thor, Cap FA, Avengers, Cap WS, GotG, Ant-Man, Cap CW, GotG 2, Ragnarok, BP, IW, Endgame

Thor 2, IM2, Avengers AoU, Dr Strange, SM Homecoming, Ant-Man & the Wasp, Captain Marvel.

Hulk, IM3

———
Pretty confident Far From Home will go in T2

Watched Endgame last night. Kids went bonkers when everyone came back. They liked it a lot more than IW.

IM, Thor, Cap FA, Avengers, Cap WS, GotG, Ant-Man, Cap CW, GotG 2, Ragnarok, BP, IW, Endgame

Thor 2, IM2, Avengers AoU, Dr Strange, SM Homecoming, Ant-Man & the Wasp, Captain Marvel.

Hulk, IM3

———
Pretty confident Far From Home will go in T2
And Black Widow?

FX was showing IM3 last night and I was doing something else so I left it on. Man it was worse than I remember. I mean on the giant spectrum of superhero movies it's probably right in the middle average as there are far worse ones but for the MCU man it's probably the worst for me. It and IH are neck and neck and I think I cut IH some slack since it was the second MCU movie and things weren't all planned out well yet. IM3 came after Avengers so I expect more.

It felt like a contractually obligated movie they made because they were going to make 3 solo IM movies.

FX was showing IM3 last night and I was doing something else so I left it on. Man it was worse than I remember. I mean on the giant spectrum of superhero movies it's probably right in the middle average as there are far worse ones but for the MCU man it's probably the worst for me. It and IH are neck and neck and I think I cut IH some slack since it was the second MCU movie and things weren't all planned out well yet. IM3 came after Avengers so I expect more.

It felt like a contractually obligated movie they made because they were going to make 3 solo IM movies.
not sure how it's worse than IM2.

It was terrible. It's the only MCU movie I never watched a 2nd time. The ending scene was so stupid

VN Store

Back